Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 29,910
Males: 14,966 (50.0%), Females: 14,944 (50.0%)
Median resident age: 34.7 years
Median household income: $61,760 (year 2000)
Median house value: $183,100 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Huntington Station:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (60.8%)
- Hispanic (22.7%)
- Black (11.6%)
- Other race (10.0%)
- Two or more races (3.4%)
- Asian Indian (0.9%)
- American Indian (0.8%)
- Chinese (0.8%)
- Other Asian (0.6%)
Ancestries: Italian (20.3%), Irish (17.3%), German (14.0%), Polish (4.6%), English (4.6%), United States (3.3%).
New! Station, New York forum
Elevation: 216 feet
Land area: 5.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Huntington Station
- High school or higher: 79.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 27.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.9%
- Unemployed: 3.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 28.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Huntington Station CDP
- Never married: 31.9%
- Now married: 51.9%
- Separated: 3.0%
- Widowed: 6.1%
- Divorced: 7.2%
20.9% Foreign born (14.8% Latin America, 3.2% Asia, 2.4% Europe).
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
Real Estate - Albertson Hamptons We Sell Investments to Live In! />
Real Estate - Current Home Listings, MLS, Houses For Sale & More In NY. Free! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY (2.3 miles Huntington, pop. 195,289).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Bay, NY (8.7 miles Oyster pop. 293,925).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (36.4 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Huntington, NY (1.6 miles South NY (2.3 miles Huntington, Hills, NY (2.3 miles West Spring Harbor, NY (2.8 miles Cold NY (2.9 miles Halesite, NY (3.0 miles Greenlawn, NY (3.7 miles Melville,
Latitude: 40.84 N, Longitude: 73.41 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (21.6%), Retail trade (12.7%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (12.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -6,457 (-21.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,931 (13.3%)
Average climate in Huntington Station, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Huntington Station-area historical tornado activity is slightly above New York state average. It is 50% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 46.9 miles away from the Huntington Station city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 9/27/1970, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 11.9 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Alex Gambino - College basketball player (Seton Hall Pirates), Antoine Agudio - College basketball player (Hofstra Flying Dutchmen), James Sutton - College basketball player (Marist Red Foxes).
Main business address for: AMERICAN TECHNICAL CERAMICS CORP (ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS & ACCESSORIES), COPYTELE INC (COMPUTER PERIPHERAL EQUIPMENT, NEC).
Hospitals/medical centers near Huntington Station:
- HUNTINGTON HOSPITAL (about 2 miles; HUNTINGTON, NY)
- NORTH SHORE UNIV HOSP AT PLAINVIEW (about 7 miles; PLAINVIEW, NY)
- NEW ISLAND HOSPITAL (about 9 miles; BETHPAGE, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Huntington Station:
- REPUBLIC (about 9 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 22 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- WESTCHESTER COUNTY (about 26 miles; WHITE PLAINS, NY; ID: HPN)
Other public-use airports nearest to Huntington Station:
- SANDS POINT (about 21 miles; PORT WASHINGTON, NY; ID: 7N3)
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 26 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- EVERS (about 28 miles; NEW YORK, NY; ID: 6N6)
Amtrak station near Huntington Station:
- 17 miles: STAMFORD (WASHINGTON BLVD. & E. STATE ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Huntington Station:
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 9 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,831)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 12 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; FT enrollment: 3,485)
- NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY-OLD WESTBURY (about 14 miles; OLD WESTBURY, NY; FT enrollment: 4,459)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT OLD WESTBURY (about 14 miles; OLD WESTBURY, NY; FT enrollment: 2,594)
- HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY (about 15 miles; HEMPSTEAD, NY; FT enrollment: 10,842)
- LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY-C W POST CAMPUS (about 16 miles; BROOKVILLE, NY; FT enrollment: 6,605)
- NORWALK COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 18 miles; NORWALK, CT; FT enrollment: 2,772)
Public high school in Huntington Station:
- WALT WHITMAN HS (Students: 1,894; Location: 301 WEST HILLS RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Huntington Station:
- HENRY L. STIMSON MS (Students: 1,460; Location: 401 OAKWOOD RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- COUNTRYWOOD PRIMARY CTR (Students: 686; Location: 499 OLD COUNTRY RD; Grades: KG - 02)
- MAPLEWOOD IS (Students: 683; Location: 19 SCHOOL LN; Grades: 03 - 05)
- HUNTINGTON IS (Students: 492; Location: 115 LOWNDES AVE; Grades: 04 - 06)
- WASHINGTON SCHOOL (Students: 340; Location: 78 WHITSON RD; Grades: KG - 03)
Churches in Huntington Station include: Saint Lawrences Church (A), Temple Beth El (B), Gloria Dei Church (C), Bethany Church (D), Saint Peters Church (E).
Huntington Station compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Huntington Station:
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHLI (1100 AM; daytime; 10 kW; HEMPSTEAD, NY)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Huntington Station:
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WKWZ (88.5 FM; SYOSSET, NY; Owner: SYOSSET CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- WPOB (88.5 FM; PLAINVIEW, NY; Owner: PLAINVIEW-OLD BETHPAGE CENT SCH DIST)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WPLJ (95.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPLJ-FM RADIO, INC.)
- WKCR-FM (89.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: TRUSTEES OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY IN NEW YORK)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WKTU (103.5 FM; LAKE SUCCESS, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WQCD (101.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WCAA (105.9 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP. ("WADO"))
- WAXQ (104.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WHTZ (100.3 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WWPR-FM (105.1 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WBAI (99.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WBLS (107.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WLTW (106.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WQXR-FM (96.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Huntington Station:
- WLIW (Channel 21; GARDEN CITY, NY; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- W27CB (Channel 27; HEMPSTEAD, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WNYE-TV (Channel 25; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WKOB-LP (Channel 53; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WKOB COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEBR-CA (Channel 17; MANHATTAN, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
- WRNN-LP (Channel 57; NYACK, NY; Owner: LP NYACK LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W60AI (Channel 60; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- W38CL (Channel 38; BRONX, NY; Owner: RENARD COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WPXU-LP (Channel 38; AMITYVILLE, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WLIG-LP (Channel 54; MINEOLA, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- W68DN (Channel 68; CHERRY HILL, ETC., NJ; Owner: MARCIA COHEN)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.