Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 16,146
Males: 7,861 (48.7%), Females: 8,285 (51.3%)
Median resident age: 37.8 years
Median household income: $69,819 (year 2000)
Median house value: $221,600 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Kings Park:
- White Non-Hispanic (92.9%)
- Hispanic (3.3%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- Black (0.8%)
- Other race (0.6%)
- Chinese (0.5%)
Ancestries: Italian (36.6%), Irish (30.6%), German (20.1%), Polish (7.0%), English (4.4%), United States (3.1%).
New! Park, New York forum
Elevation: 160 feet
Land area: 5.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Kings Park
- High school or higher: 88.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 28.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.2%
- Unemployed: 2.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 35.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Kings Park CDP
- Never married: 22.8%
- Now married: 60.9%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 9.0%
- Divorced: 5.7%
8.1% Foreign born (3.9% Europe, 2.1% Asia, 1.7% Latin America).
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
Real Estate - - featured real estate listings, condos, land, and homes for sale. />
- Strike style - food, bar, music & video wall A perfect place for private events! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Smithtown, (3.0 miles pop. 115,715).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY Islip, (10.5 miles pop. 322,612).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (48.1 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NY Smithtown, (3.0 miles NY (3.4 miles Nissequogue, NY (4.1 miles Commack, Salonga, NY (4.2 miles Fort of the Branch, NY (4.7 miles Village NY Hauppauge, (5.4 miles of the Harbor, NY (5.6 miles Head
Latitude: 40.89 N, Longitude: 73.24 W
Area code: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (26.8%), Retail trade (11.8%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -4,262 (-26.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,175 (15.5%)
Average climate in Kings Park, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Kings Park-area historical tornado activity is slightly above New York state average. It is 50% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 37.2 miles away from the Kings Park city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 7/19/1971, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 19.5 miles away from the city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Kings Park:
- ST CATHERINE OF SIENA MEDICAL CENTER (about 4 miles; SMITHTOWN, NY)
- PILGRIM STATE HOSP (about 8 miles; WEST BRENTWOOD, NY)
- SOUTHSIDE HOSPITAL (about 11 miles; BAY SHORE, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Kings Park:
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 13 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- REPUBLIC (about 17 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 20 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Kings Park:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 17 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- BROOKHAVEN (about 28 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- SANDS POINT (about 32 miles; PORT WASHINGTON, NY; ID: 7N3)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Kings Park:
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 8 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,485)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 14 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 14 miles; SELDEN, NY; FT enrollment: 6,992)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 18 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 19 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- FAIRFIELD UNIVERSITY (about 19 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,197)
- NORWALK COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 20 miles; NORWALK, CT; FT enrollment: 2,772)
Public high school in Kings Park:
- KINGS PARK HS (Students: 1,136; Location: 200 RT 25A; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Kings Park:
- WILLIAM T. ROGERS MS (Students: 966; Location: 97 OLD DOCK RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- R.J.O. IS (Students: 643; Location: 99 OLD DOCK RD; Grades: 04 - 05)
- PARKVIEW ES (Students: 599; Location: 23 ROUNDTREE DR; Grades: KG - 03)
Private primary/middle school in Kings Park:
- B.E.S.T. LEARNING CENTER (Students: 198; Location: 180 A LAWRENCE RD; Grades: PK - KG)
Notable location: Saint Johnland Childrens Home (A).
River: Nissequogue River (A).
Kings Park compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Kings Park:
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Kings Park:
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WEZN-FM (99.9 FM; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WPLJ (95.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPLJ-FM RADIO, INC.)
- WKCR-FM (89.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: TRUSTEES OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY IN NEW YORK)
- WSHR (91.9 FM; LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY; Owner: SACHEM CENTRAL SCH DIST HOLBROOK)
- WSHU-FM (91.1 FM; FAIRFIELD, CT; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WKTU (103.5 FM; LAKE SUCCESS, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WQCD (101.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WEBE (107.9 FM; WESTPORT, CT; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WKCI-FM (101.3 FM; HAMDEN, CT; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- WPKN (89.5 FM; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: WPKN, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Kings Park:
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WLIW (Channel 21; GARDEN CITY, NY; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WTNH (Channel 8; NEW HAVEN, CT; Owner: WTNH BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WEDW (Channel 49; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: CONNECTICUT PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W27CB (Channel 27; HEMPSTEAD, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.