Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 10,250. Estimated population in July 2005: 10,670 (+4.1% change)
Males: 5,075 (49.5%), Females: 5,175 (50.5%)
Median resident age: 35.1 years
Median household income: $67,174 (year 2000)
Median house value: $189,200 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Lake Grove:
- White Non-Hispanic (87.7%)
- Hispanic (4.8%)
- Chinese (2.0%)
- Asian Indian (1.5%)
- Black (1.4%)
- Two or more races (1.2%)
- Other race (1.0%)
- Other Asian (0.6%)
Ancestries: Italian (41.3%), Irish (24.9%), German (20.6%), Polish (5.2%), English (5.0%), United States (2.7%).
New! Grove, New York forum
Elevation: 119 feet
Land area: 3.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Lake Grove
- High school or higher: 91.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 28.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.3%
- Unemployed: 3.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 34.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lake Grove village
- Never married: 25.6%
- Now married: 62.8%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 6.0%
- Divorced: 3.9%
8.9% Foreign born (4.2% Asia, 2.6% Europe, 1.8% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +841 (+8.9%).
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
Real Estate - - featured real estate listings, condos, land, and homes for sale. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Smithtown, (6.7 miles pop. 115,715).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY Islip, (10.8 miles pop. 322,612).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (56.1 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Ronkonkoma, NY (1.9 miles Lake NY Nesconset, (2.4 miles NY (2.7 miles Centereach, James, NY (3.0 miles St. NY Ronkonkoma, (3.0 miles Brook, NY Stony (3.6 miles of the Harbor, NY (4.3 miles Head of the Branch, NY (4.6 miles Village
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 67 buildings, average cost: $299,500
- 1997: 47 buildings, average cost: $273,200
- 1998: 54 buildings, average cost: $294,300
- 1999: 33 buildings, average cost: $309,200
- 2000: 33 buildings, average cost: $328,000
- 2001: 50 buildings, average cost: $358,000
- 2002: 14 buildings, average cost: $339,600
- 2003: 17 buildings, average cost: $473,500
- 2004: 31 buildings, average cost: $476,800
- 2005: 28 buildings, average cost: $476,400
Latitude: 40.86 N, Longitude: 73.12 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (20.4%), Retail trade (12.4%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -752 (-7.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 403 (7.5%)
Average climate in Lake Grove, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Lake Grove-area historical tornado activity is slightly above New York state average. It is 53% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 34.8 miles away from the Lake Grove city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 7/10/1989, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 23.3 miles away from the city center injured one person.
Hospitals/medical centers near Lake Grove:
- ST CATHERINE OF SIENA MEDICAL CENTER (about 7 miles; SMITHTOWN, NY)
- JOHN T MATHER MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; PORT JEFFERSON, NY)
- ST CHARLES HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; PORT JEFFERSON, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Lake Grove:
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 6 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 21 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
- REPUBLIC (about 22 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
Other public-use airports nearest to Lake Grove:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 9 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- BROOKHAVEN (about 19 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- LUFKER (about 26 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: O00)
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Parks and Recreation ||3 ||$6,359 ||$25,436 ||0 ||$0 |
|Streets and Highways ||5 ||$20,944 ||$50,265 ||0 ||$0 |
|Fire - Other ||0 ||$0 || ||1 ||$1,627 |
|Judicial and Legal ||0 ||$0 || ||3 ||$3,310 |
|Solid Waste Management ||1 ||$3,983 ||$47,796 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other Government Administration ||6 ||$20,362 ||$40,724 ||9 ||$10,463 |
|Financial Administration ||3 ||$10,618 ||$42,472 ||1 ||$2,415 |
|Totals for Government ||18 ||$62,267 ||$41,511 ||14 ||$17,816 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lake Grove:
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 6 miles; SELDEN, NY; Full-time enrollment: 6,992)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 9 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 10 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 11 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; FT enrollment: 3,485)
- FAIRFIELD UNIVERSITY (about 24 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,197)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 25 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
- SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY (about 25 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,120)
Private high school in Lake Grove:
- LAKE GROVE SCHOOL (Students: 80; Location: MORICHES ROAD BOX 712; Grades: 7 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Lake Grove:
- CAYUGA SCHOOL (Students: 683; Location: 865 HAWKINS AVE; Grades: KG - 06)
- WENONAH SCHOOL (Students: 645; Location: 251 HUDSON AVE; Grades: KG - 06)
- EUGENE AUER MEMORIAL SCHOOL (Students: 425; Location: 17 WING ST; Grades: 01 - 05)
Private primary/middle school in Lake Grove:
- MAIMONIDES DAY SCHOOL (Students: 47; Location: 821 HAWKINS AVE; Grades: PK - 5)
Church in Lake Grove: New Village Church (A).
Cemeteries: Newton Cemetery (1), Lake Ronkonkoma Cemetery (2).
Lake: Gould Pond (A).
Lake Grove compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Lake Grove:
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lake Grove:
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WSHR (91.9 FM; LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY; Owner: SACHEM CENTRAL SCH DIST HOLBROOK)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WKCI-FM (101.3 FM; HAMDEN, CT; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WEZN-FM (99.9 FM; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WXXP (105.3 FM; CALVERTON-ROANOKE, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCASTING CO. OF CALVERTON, INC)
- WRCN-FM (103.9 FM; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WPLR (99.1 FM; NEW HAVEN, CT; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WSHU-FM (91.1 FM; FAIRFIELD, CT; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WEBE (107.9 FM; WESTPORT, CT; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WPKN (89.5 FM; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: WPKN, INC.)
- WLVG (96.1 FM; CENTER MORICHES, NY; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Lake Grove:
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- W26CE (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTNH (Channel 8; NEW HAVEN, CT; Owner: WTNH BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WEDW (Channel 49; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: CONNECTICUT PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WLIW (Channel 21; GARDEN CITY, NY; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.