Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 19,701
Males: 9,517 (48.3%), Females: 10,184 (51.7%)
Median resident age: 36.7 years
Median household income: $60,209 (year 2000)
Median house value: $167,000 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Lake Ronkonkoma:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (89.4%)
- Hispanic (5.9%)
- Black (1.4%)
- Two or more races (1.3%)
- Other race (1.3%)
- Asian Indian (0.9%)
- Chinese (0.6%)
- Filipino (0.5%)
Ancestries: Italian (35.8%), Irish (29.2%), German (20.4%), English (6.2%), Polish (5.7%), United States (3.0%).
New! Ronkonkoma, New York forum
Land area: 4.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Lake Ronkonkoma
- High school or higher: 85.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 22.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.4%
- Unemployed: 5.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 32.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lake Ronkonkoma CDP
- Never married: 24.5%
- Now married: 58.5%
- Separated: 2.1%
- Widowed: 8.0%
- Divorced: 6.9%
7.5% Foreign born (3.6% Europe, 2.1% Asia, 1.6% Latin America).
Real Estate - or selling Mike Costanza is your answer for a moving experience />
York Real Estate - Listings, Find Local Brokers & Get Info on Buying a New NY Home />
NY Real Estate - for Homes, Condos and Land By Map, Street Address, Mtg Payment />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Smithtown, (7.2 miles pop. 115,715).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY Islip, (9.7 miles pop. 322,612).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (56.0 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NY Ronkonkoma, (1.5 miles Grove, NY (1.9 miles Lake NY Nesconset, (2.8 miles NY (3.3 miles Holbrook, NY (3.7 miles Centereach, NY (4.1 miles Bohemia, James, NY (4.4 miles St. NY (4.5 miles Islandia,
Latitude: 40.83 N, Longitude: 73.11 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (18.5%), Retail trade (12.7%), Manufacturing (10.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -4,889 (-24.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 844 (9.1%)
Average climate in Lake Ronkonkoma, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Lake Ronkonkoma-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 55% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 36.4 miles away from the Lake Ronkonkoma city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 7/10/1989, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 22.9 miles away from the city center injured one person.
Hospitals/medical centers near Lake Ronkonkoma:
- ST CATHERINE OF SIENA MEDICAL CENTER (about 7 miles; SMITHTOWN, NY)
- BROOKHAVEN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 9 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY)
- JOHN T MATHER MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 9 miles; PORT JEFFERSON, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Lake Ronkonkoma:
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 4 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- REPUBLIC (about 22 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 23 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Lake Ronkonkoma:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 7 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- BROOKHAVEN (about 19 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- LUFKER (about 26 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: O00)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lake Ronkonkoma:
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 6 miles; SELDEN, NY; Full-time enrollment: 6,992)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 7 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 9 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 10 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; FT enrollment: 3,485)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 24 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
- FAIRFIELD UNIVERSITY (about 26 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,197)
- SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY (about 27 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,120)
Public high school in Lake Ronkonkoma:
- SACHEM HS (Students: 4,718; Location: 212 SMITH RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Lake Ronkonkoma:
- HIAWATHA SCHOOL (Students: 666; Location: 97 PATCH-HLBRK RD; Grades: KG - 06)
- GATELOT AVE SCHOOL (Students: 612; Location: 65 GATELOT AVE; Grades: KG - 06)
Churches in Lake Ronkonkoma include: Holy Cross Church (A), Cenacle Convent (B), Saint Marys Church (C).
Lakes: Spectacle Pond (A), Mooney Pond (B).
Lake Ronkonkoma compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Lake Ronkonkoma:
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lake Ronkonkoma:
- WSHR (91.9 FM; LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY; Owner: SACHEM CENTRAL SCH DIST HOLBROOK)
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WXXP (105.3 FM; CALVERTON-ROANOKE, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCASTING CO. OF CALVERTON, INC)
- WKCI-FM (101.3 FM; HAMDEN, CT; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRCN-FM (103.9 FM; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WEZN-FM (99.9 FM; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WPLR (99.1 FM; NEW HAVEN, CT; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WSHU-FM (91.1 FM; FAIRFIELD, CT; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WLVG (96.1 FM; CENTER MORICHES, NY; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WPKN (89.5 FM; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: WPKN, INC.)
- WEBE (107.9 FM; WESTPORT, CT; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
TV broadcast stations around Lake Ronkonkoma:
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- W26CE (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WLIW (Channel 21; GARDEN CITY, NY; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.