Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 14,981. Estimated population in July 2005: 14,807 (-1.2% change)
Males: 9,620 (64.2%), Females: 5,361 (35.8%)
Median resident age: 35.7 years
Median household income: $27,716 (year 2000)
Median house value: $58,000 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Malone:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (70.0%)
- Black (18.6%)
- Hispanic (11.2%)
- Other race (6.3%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
Ancestries: French (17.5%), Irish (10.9%), French Canadian (8.6%), United States (8.0%), English (5.6%), German (3.3%).
New! New York forum
Elevation: 722 feet
Land area: 3.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Malone
- High school or higher: 53.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.9%
- Unemployed: 7.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 18.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Malone town
- Never married: 39.8%
- Now married: 42.5%
- Separated: 3.9%
- Widowed: 7.0%
- Divorced: 6.8%
6.1% Foreign born (4.3% Latin America, 1.0% North America).
NY Real Estate - for Homes, Condos and Land By Map, Street Address, Mtg Payment />
Mt Real Estate - 21 for Catskill Mountains Buyer's Agent Specialists />
Inn - Wawbeek - The Classic Adirondack Lodging Experience />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Utica, (137.5 miles pop. 60,651).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY Rochester, (256.3 miles pop. 219,773).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (287.9 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NY Malone, (0.0 miles NY (5.5 miles Constable, NY (7.9 miles Bangor, NY (8.9 miles Burke, NY (11.7 miles Westville, NY (15.4 miles Chateaugay, .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 0 buildings
- 1998: 2 buildings, average cost: $65,100
- 2001: 1 building, cost: $40,000
- 2005: 30 buildings, average cost: $87,100
Latitude: 44.85 N, Longitude: 74.29 W
Area code: 518
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (27.8%), Retail trade (14.4%), Public administration (13.6%).
Average climate in Malone, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Birthplace of: William S. King - (1828-1900), Congressman from Montana.
Hospital/medical center in Malone:
- ALICE HYDE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (115 PARK ST)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Malone:
- ADIRONDACK MEDICAL CENTER (about 38 miles; SARANAC LAKE, NY)
- MASSENA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 42 miles; MASSENA, NY)
- CANTON POTSDAM HOSPITAL (about 48 miles; POTSDAM, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Malone:
- MASSENA INTL-RICHARDS FIELD (about 39 miles; MASSENA, NY; ID: MSS)
- CLINTON CO (about 55 miles; PLATTSBURGH, NY; ID: PLB)
- OGDENSBURG INTL (about 82 miles; OGDENSBURG, NY; ID: OGS)
Other public-use airports nearest to Malone:
- MALONE-DUFORT (about 2 miles; MALONE, NY; ID: MAL)
- ADIRONDACK REGIONAL (about 33 miles; SARANAC LAKE, NY; ID: SLK)
- POTSDAM MUNI/DAMON FLD/ (about 47 miles; POTSDAM, NY; ID: PTD)
College/University in Malone:
- NORTH COUNTRY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-MALONE (Full-time enrollment: 1,595; Location: COLLEGE AVE; Public; Website: www.nccc.edu)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Malone:
- SUNY COLLEGE AT POTSDAM (about 48 miles; POTSDAM, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,885)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT PLATTSBURGH (about 58 miles; PLATTSBURGH, NY; FT enrollment: 5,601)
- CLARKSON UNIVERSITY (about 60 miles; POTSDAM, NY; FT enrollment: 2,832)
- ST LAWRENCE UNIVERSITY (about 62 miles; CANTON, NY; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- SAINT MICHAELS COLLEGE (about 82 miles; COLCHESTER, VT; FT enrollment: 2,272)
- UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT AND STATE AGRICULTURAL COLL (about 89 miles; BURLINGTON, VT; FT enrollment: 8,852)
- MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE (about 97 miles; MIDDLEBURY, VT; FT enrollment: 2,265)
Public high school in Malone:
- FRANKLIN ACAD HS (Students: 783; Location: 42 HUSKIE LANE; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Malone:
- NEW COVENANT SCHOOL (Students: 12; Location: 199 PARK ST; Grades: 5 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Malone:
- DAVIS ES (Students: 577; Location: 183 WEBSTER STREET; Grades: PK - 03)
- MALONE MS (Students: 550; Location: 15 FRANCIS STREET; Grades: 06 - 08)
- BOCES FRANKLIN-ESSEX-HAMILTON (Students: 451; Location: 3372 STATE ROUTE 11; Grades: PK - PK)
- FLANDERS ES (Students: 282; Location: 524 EAST MAIN STREET; Grades: 03 - 05)
- ST JOSEPH'S ES (Students: 242; Location: 99 ELM STREET; Grades: 03 - 05)
- UPSTATE CORR FACIL (Students: 47; Location: 309 BARE HILL RD; Grades: UG - UG)
- FRANKLIN CORR FACIL (Students: 9; Location: 3 BREWSTER ST; Grades: UG - UG)
- BARE HILL CORR FACIL (Students: 9; Location: CADY RD; Grades: UG - UG)
Private primary/middle school in Malone:
- HOLY FAMILY SCHOOL (Students: 198; Location: 10 HOMESTEAD PARK; Grades: PK - 8)
Library in Malone:
- THE WEAD LIBRARY, THE MALONE CTRL SCH DIST PL (Operating income: $455,939; Location: 64 ELM STREET; 46,919 books; 381 audio materials; 685 video materials; 114 serial subscriptions)
Cemeteries: Morningside Cemetery (1), Saint Josephs Cemetery (2), Webster Street Cemetery (3).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Branch Brook (A).
Park in Malone: Memorial Recreation Park (1).
Malone compared to New York state average:
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Malone:
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WIRD (920 AM; 5 kW; LAKE PLACID, NY; Owner: RADIO LAKE PLACID INC)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPTR (1540 AM; 50 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WEAV (960 AM; 5 kW; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTWK (1070 AM; daytime; 5 kW; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WVMT (620 AM; 5 kW; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: SISON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Malone:
- WYUL (94.7 FM; CHATEAUGAY, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WVNV (96.5 FM; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WSLO (90.9 FM; MALONE, NY; Owner: THE ST. LAWRENCE UNIVERSITY)
- WCEL (91.9 FM; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: WAMC)
- WRGR (102.3 FM; TUPPER LAKE, NY; Owner: RADIO LAKE PLACID, INC.)
- WXLU (88.3 FM; PERU, NY; Owner: THE ST. LAWRENCE UNIVERSITY)
- W211AP (90.1 FM; MALONE, NY; Owner: MARS HILL BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Malone:
- W49BI (Channel 49; ELLENBURG, NY; Owner: PLATTSBURGH PARTNERS)
- W60AF (Channel 60; MALONE, NY; Owner: C-22 FCC LICENSEE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.