Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 11,131
Males: 5,522 (49.6%), Females: 5,609 (50.4%)
Median resident age: 36.7 years
Median household income: $62,895 (year 2000)
Median house value: $193,000 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Manorville:
- White Non-Hispanic (93.2%)
- Hispanic (4.1%)
- Black (1.2%)
- Two or more races (0.9%)
- Other race (0.7%)
Ancestries: Italian (39.3%), Irish (31.6%), German (27.3%), Polish (7.8%), English (5.8%), United States (4.1%).
New! New York forum
Land area: 25.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Manorville
- High school or higher: 90.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 25.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.3%
- Unemployed: 2.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 32.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Manorville CDP
- Never married: 19.2%
- Now married: 65.1%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 7.1%
- Divorced: 7.4%
3.2% Foreign born (1.8% Europe, 0.8% Latin America, 0.5% Asia).
NY Homes - REALTORS Prospect Hill Long Island Real Estate Specialists />
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY (9.9 miles Brookhaven, pop. 448,248).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (77.9 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Moriches, NY (3.5 miles Center NY (3.7 miles Moriches, Moriches, NY (3.9 miles East NY (4.6 miles Eastport, NY (4.7 miles Mastic, NY (6.4 miles Shirley, NY (6.4 miles Calverton, NY Remsenburg-Speonk, (6.7 miles
Latitude: 40.85 N, Longitude: 72.79 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (22.9%), Public administration (12.7%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.5%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -4,077 (-36.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 367 (7.2%)
Average climate in Manorville, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Manorville-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 60% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 33.8 miles away from the Manorville city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 7/10/1989, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 2.2 miles away from the city center injured one person.
Hospitals/medical centers near Manorville:
- CENTRAL SUFFOLK HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; RIVERHEAD, NY)
- UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; SUNY STONY BROOK, NY)
- BROOKHAVEN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 16 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Manorville:
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 22 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- TWEED-NEW HAVEN (about 29 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; ID: HVN)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 31 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Manorville:
- LUFKER (about 4 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: O00)
- BROOKHAVEN (about 5 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- SPADARO (about 5 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: 1N2)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Manorville:
- SUNY AT STONY BROOK (about 12 miles; STONY BROOK, NY; Full-time enrollment: 16,829)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 16 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 18 miles; SELDEN, NY; FT enrollment: 6,992)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 25 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAVEN (about 32 miles; WEST HAVEN, CT; FT enrollment: 3,081)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 32 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; FT enrollment: 3,485)
- GATEWAY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 34 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; FT enrollment: 2,100)
Public high school in Manorville:
- EASTPORT-SOUTH MANOR CENTRAL HS (Students: 1,442; Location: 543 MORICHES-MIDDLE I; Grades: 07 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Manorville:
- DAYTON AVE SCHOOL (Students: 581; Location: 151 DAYTON AVE; Grades: 03 - 06)
- SOUTH STREET SCHOOL (Students: 388; Location: 130 SOUTH ST; Grades: KG - 02)
Notable locations in Manorville: Rock Hill Country Club (A), New York National Speedway (B).
Cemetery: Brookfield Cemetery (1).
Lakes and swamps: Hot Water Pond (A), Cranberry Pond (B).
Manorville compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Manorville:
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WFTU (1570 AM; 1 kW; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: FIVE TOWNS COLLEGE)
Strongest FM radio stations in Manorville:
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- WXXP (105.3 FM; CALVERTON-ROANOKE, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCASTING CO. OF CALVERTON, INC)
- WRCN-FM (103.9 FM; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WDRE (98.5 FM; WESTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCATING COMPANY OF WESTHAMPTON, INC.)
- WLVG (96.1 FM; CENTER MORICHES, NY; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- W219BA (91.7 FM; RIDGE, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WBON (107.1 FM; HAMPTON BAYS, NY; Owner: NASSAU BROADCASTING HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WKCI-FM (101.3 FM; HAMDEN, CT; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPLR (99.1 FM; NEW HAVEN, CT; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
TV broadcast stations around Manorville:
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- W26CE (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTNH (Channel 8; NEW HAVEN, CT; Owner: WTNH BROADCASTING, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.