Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 13,121. Estimated population in July 2005: 12,828 (-2.2% change)
Males: 6,165 (47.0%), Females: 6,956 (53.0%)
Median resident age: 39.9 years
Median household income: $31,391 (year 2000)
Median house value: $69,700 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Massena:
- White Non-Hispanic (94.2%)
- American Indian (3.9%)
- Hispanic (1.1%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
Ancestries: French (25.7%), Irish (18.5%), English (10.1%), French Canadian (9.6%), United States (8.0%), Italian (7.6%).
New! New York forum
Elevation: 230 feet
Land area: 4.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Massena
- High school or higher: 82.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.4%
- Unemployed: 6.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 15.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Massena town
- Never married: 25.3%
- Now married: 53.0%
- Separated: 3.0%
- Widowed: 9.9%
- Divorced: 8.8%
4.6% Foreign born (3.1% North America, 0.8% Europe, 0.7% Asia).
Real Estate - For Sale New York ERA Real Estate Scott Foley />
NY Real Estate - for Homes, Condos and Land By Map, Street Address, Mtg Payment />
York Real Estate - Listings, Find Local Brokers & Get Info on Buying a New NY Home />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Utica, (129.0 miles pop. 60,651).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY Rochester, (223.2 miles pop. 219,773).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (299.8 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NY (0.0 miles Massena, NY (8.9 miles Louisville, NY Norfolk, (11.4 miles Falls-Winthrop, NY Brasher (11.8 miles NY (14.5 miles Norwood, NY (19.1 miles Potsdam, .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 1 building, cost: $168,500
- 1998: 6 buildings, average cost: $117,400
- 1999: 3 buildings, average cost: $121,700
- 2002: 1 building, cost: $35,000
- 2003: 0 buildings
- 2005: 0 buildings
Latitude: 44.93 N, Longitude: 74.89 W
Area code: 315
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (24.7%), Manufacturing (17.4%), Retail trade (16.6%).
Average climate in Massena, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospital/medical center in Massena:
- MASSENA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (ONE HOSPITAL DRIVE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Massena:
- CANTON POTSDAM HOSPITAL (about 20 miles; POTSDAM, NY)
- ALICE HYDE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 44 miles; MALONE, NY)
- CLAXTON HEPBURN MEDICAL CENTER (about 45 miles; OGDENSBURG, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Massena:
- MASSENA INTL-RICHARDS FIELD (about 4 miles; MASSENA, NY; ID: MSS)
- OGDENSBURG INTL (about 43 miles; OGDENSBURG, NY; ID: OGS)
- WHEELER-SACK AAF (about 84 miles; FORT DRUM, NY; ID: GTB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Massena:
- POTSDAM MUNI/DAMON FLD/ (about 19 miles; POTSDAM, NY; ID: PTD)
- MOORES (about 40 miles; DEGRASSE, NY; ID: 1E8)
- MALONE-DUFORT (about 41 miles; MALONE, NY; ID: MAL)
College/University in Massena:
- MASSENA SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (Location: 22 MAIN ST; Private, for-profit)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Massena:
- SUNY COLLEGE AT POTSDAM (about 20 miles; POTSDAM, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,885)
- ST LAWRENCE UNIVERSITY (about 30 miles; CANTON, NY; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- CLARKSON UNIVERSITY (about 33 miles; POTSDAM, NY; FT enrollment: 2,832)
- JEFFERSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 97 miles; WATERTOWN, NY; FT enrollment: 2,454)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT PLATTSBURGH (about 100 miles; PLATTSBURGH, NY; FT enrollment: 5,601)
- SAINT MICHAELS COLLEGE (about 124 miles; COLCHESTER, VT; FT enrollment: 2,272)
- MOHAWK VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-UTICA BRANCH (about 129 miles; UTICA, NY; FT enrollment: 3,768)
Public high school in Massena:
- MASSENA SHS (Students: 975; Location: 84 NIGHTENGALE AVE; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Massena:
- J. WILLIAM LEARY JHS (Students: 580; Location: 1 SCHOOL ST; Grades: 07 - 08)
- JEFFERSON ES (Students: 461; Location: 75 BAILEY RD; Grades: KG - 06)
- NIGHTENGALE ES (Students: 428; Location: 84 NIGHTENGALE AVE; Grades: KG - 06)
- MADISON ES (Students: 417; Location: 25 OWL AVE; Grades: KG - 06)
Private primary/middle schools in Massena:
- TRINITY CATHOLIC SCHOOL (Students: 320; Location: 188 MAIN STREET; Grades: PK - 6)
- NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIAN ACADEM (Students: 64; Location: 265 ANDREWS ST; Grades: KG - 8)
Library in Massena:
- MASSENA PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $575,134; Location: 41 GLENN STREET; 71,888 books; 2,809 audio materials; 1,901 video materials; 131 serial subscriptions)
Notable location: Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation Administration Building (A).
Cemeteries: Adath Cemetery (1), Calvary Cemetery (2).
Creek: Hutchins Creek (A).
Park in Massena: Alcoa Park (1).
Massena compared to New York state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Massena:
- WMSA (1340 AM; 1 kW; MASSENA, NY; Owner: SEAWAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WYBG (1050 AM; 1 kW; MASSENA, NY)
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPDM (1470 AM; 1 kW; POTSDAM, NY; Owner: ST. LAWRENCE RADIO, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPTR (1540 AM; 50 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WIRD (920 AM; 5 kW; LAKE PLACID, NY; Owner: RADIO LAKE PLACID INC)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHAM (1180 AM; 50 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Massena:
- WYUL (94.7 FM; CHATEAUGAY, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Massena:
- W14BU (Channel 14; MASSENA, NY; Owner: DAVID WELCH)
- W25BX (Channel 25; MASSENA, NY; Owner: NELLIE GAJESKI)
- W36BN (Channel 36; MASSENA, NY; Owner: NELLIE GAJESKI)
- W65CR (Channel 65; MASSENA, NY; Owner: ROBERT G. JUILLERAT)
- W20BA (Channel 20; MASSENA, NY; Owner: NATIONAL MINORITY T.V., INC.)
- WNYF-LP (Channel 28; MASSENA, NY; Owner: UNITED COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WNPI-TV (Channel 18; NORWOOD, NY; Owner: ST. LAWRENCE VALLEY EDUCATIONAL TV COUNCIL, INC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.