Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 11,543
Males: 5,765 (49.9%), Females: 5,778 (50.1%)
Median resident age: 32.1 years
Median household income: $44,937 (year 2000)
Median house value: $98,100 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Mastic Beach:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (81.3%)
- Hispanic (10.6%)
- Black (5.0%)
- Two or more races (2.8%)
- Other race (2.6%)
- American Indian (1.1%)
Ancestries: Italian (33.6%), Irish (28.0%), German (22.1%), English (6.2%), Polish (6.1%), United States (3.3%).
New! Beach, New York forum
Elevation: 9 feet
Land area: 4.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Mastic Beach
- High school or higher: 76.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.6%
- Unemployed: 7.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 38.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Mastic Beach CDP
- Never married: 29.1%
- Now married: 51.4%
- Separated: 3.3%
- Widowed: 7.0%
- Divorced: 9.2%
4.9% Foreign born (2.5% Europe, 1.3% Latin America, 1.0% Asia).
Homes of LI - MLS 17,000 listings and our exclusives. Recieve daily updates. />
Real Estate - to Montauk Properties Hamptons for Buyers Sellers Renters />
Real Estate - - featured real estate listings, condos, land, and homes for sale. />
Real Estate - Albertson Hamptons We Sell Investments to Live In! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY (5.0 miles Brookhaven, pop. 448,248).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (73.7 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NY (2.8 miles Mastic, NY (3.0 miles Shirley, NY (3.3 miles Moriches, Moriches, NY (4.2 miles Center NY (5.0 miles Brookhaven, NY (6.6 miles Bellport, Moriches, NY (6.9 miles East
Latitude: 40.76 N, Longitude: 72.85 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (18.4%), Retail trade (15.9%), Construction (11.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -3,500 (-30.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 357 (7.3%)
Average climate in Mastic Beach, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Mastic Beach-area historical tornado activity is slightly below New York state average. It is 64% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 39.0 miles away from the Mastic Beach city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 7/10/1989, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 6.1 miles away from the city center injured one person.
Birthplace of: Ryan Hodgson - College basketball player (Army Black Knights).
Hospitals/medical centers near Mastic Beach:
- BROOKHAVEN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 11 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY)
- CENTRAL SUFFOLK HOSPITAL (about 18 miles; RIVERHEAD, NY)
- UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL (about 19 miles; SUNY STONY BROOK, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Mastic Beach:
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 18 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 33 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
- TWEED-NEW HAVEN (about 34 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; ID: HVN)
Other public-use airports nearest to Mastic Beach:
- BROOKHAVEN (about 4 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- LUFKER (about 8 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: O00)
- SPADARO (about 9 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: 1N2)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Mastic Beach:
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 11 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,617)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 16 miles; SELDEN, NY; FT enrollment: 6,992)
- SUNY AT STONY BROOK (about 19 miles; STONY BROOK, NY; FT enrollment: 16,829)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 20 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 28 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; FT enrollment: 3,485)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAVEN (about 37 miles; WEST HAVEN, CT; FT enrollment: 3,081)
- GATEWAY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 39 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; FT enrollment: 2,100)
Public high school in Mastic Beach:
- WILLIAM FLOYD HS (Students: 3,191; Location: 240 MASTIC BEACH RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Mastic Beach:
- WILLIAM PACA JHS (Students: 1,372; Location: 338 BLANCO DR; Grades: 06 - 08)
- TANGIER SMITH ES (Students: 943; Location: 336 BLANCO DR; Grades: KG - 05)
Church in Mastic Beach: Saint Jude's Roman Catholic Church (A).
Cemetery: Floyd Cemetery (1).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Lawrence Creek (A), Johns Neck Creek (B), Unchachogue (C), Home Creek (D), Sheepen Creek (E), Pattersquash Creek (F).
Mastic Beach compared to New York state average:
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Mastic Beach:
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Mastic Beach:
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WXXP (105.3 FM; CALVERTON-ROANOKE, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCASTING CO. OF CALVERTON, INC)
- WRCN-FM (103.9 FM; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WDRE (98.5 FM; WESTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCATING COMPANY OF WESTHAMPTON, INC.)
- WLVG (96.1 FM; CENTER MORICHES, NY; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBON (107.1 FM; HAMPTON BAYS, NY; Owner: NASSAU BROADCASTING HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WSHR (91.9 FM; LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY; Owner: SACHEM CENTRAL SCH DIST HOLBROOK)
TV broadcast stations around Mastic Beach:
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- W26CE (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.