Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 15,436
Males: 7,678 (49.7%), Females: 7,758 (50.3%)
Median resident age: 30.8 years
Median household income: $53,657 (year 2000)
Median house value: $110,600 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Mastic:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (77.7%)
- Hispanic (12.1%)
- Black (6.1%)
- Other race (3.6%)
- American Indian (2.5%)
- Two or more races (2.3%)
Ancestries: Italian (35.2%), Irish (31.4%), German (20.3%), English (6.2%), Polish (5.4%), United States (2.2%).
New! New York forum
Elevation: 32 feet
Land area: 4.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Mastic
- High school or higher: 80.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.2%
- Unemployed: 6.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 35.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Mastic CDP
- Never married: 28.9%
- Now married: 56.8%
- Separated: 3.0%
- Widowed: 4.4%
- Divorced: 6.9%
5.1% Foreign born (2.3% Latin America, 2.2% Europe, 0.5% Asia).
Homes of LI - MLS 17,000 listings and our exclusives. Recieve daily updates. />
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
Island Real Estate - or selling Mike Costanza is your answer. Save thousands in fees />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY (5.4 miles Brookhaven, pop. 448,248).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (74.1 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NY (1.5 miles Moriches, NY (1.9 miles Shirley, Beach, NY (2.8 miles Mastic Moriches, NY (3.2 miles Center NY Manorville, (4.7 miles NY (5.4 miles Brookhaven, Moriches, NY (6.0 miles East
Latitude: 40.80 N, Longitude: 72.84 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (18.0%), Retail trade (13.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -5,823 (-37.7%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 285 (4.2%)
Average climate in Mastic, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Mastic-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 62% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 36.2 miles away from the Mastic city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 7/10/1989, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 4.6 miles away from the city center injured one person.
Hospitals/medical centers near Mastic:
- BROOKHAVEN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY)
- CENTRAL SUFFOLK HOSPITAL (about 16 miles; RIVERHEAD, NY)
- UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; SUNY STONY BROOK, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Mastic:
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 18 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 31 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
- TWEED-NEW HAVEN (about 31 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; ID: HVN)
Other public-use airports nearest to Mastic:
- BROOKHAVEN (about 2 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- LUFKER (about 7 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: O00)
- SPADARO (about 8 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: 1N2)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Mastic:
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 12 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,617)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 15 miles; SELDEN, NY; FT enrollment: 6,992)
- SUNY AT STONY BROOK (about 17 miles; STONY BROOK, NY; FT enrollment: 16,829)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 21 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 28 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; FT enrollment: 3,485)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAVEN (about 34 miles; WEST HAVEN, CT; FT enrollment: 3,081)
- GATEWAY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 36 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; FT enrollment: 2,100)
Church in Mastic: Church in the Wildwood (A).
Reservoir: West Millpond (A).
Creeks: Lons Creek (A), Second Neck Creek (B), Poospatuck Creek (C).
Mastic compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Mastic:
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Mastic:
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- WXXP (105.3 FM; CALVERTON-ROANOKE, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCASTING CO. OF CALVERTON, INC)
- WRCN-FM (103.9 FM; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WDRE (98.5 FM; WESTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCATING COMPANY OF WESTHAMPTON, INC.)
- WLVG (96.1 FM; CENTER MORICHES, NY; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WKCI-FM (101.3 FM; HAMDEN, CT; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WPLR (99.1 FM; NEW HAVEN, CT; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBON (107.1 FM; HAMPTON BAYS, NY; Owner: NASSAU BROADCASTING HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WSHR (91.9 FM; LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY; Owner: SACHEM CENTRAL SCH DIST HOLBROOK)
- W219BA (91.7 FM; RIDGE, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Mastic:
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- W26CE (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.