Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 9,702
Males: 4,612 (47.5%), Females: 5,090 (52.5%)
Median resident age: 36.8 years
Median household income: $50,818 (year 2000)
Median house value: $141,400 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Middle Island:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (81.1%)
- Black (7.6%)
- Hispanic (6.9%)
- Two or more races (2.3%)
- Other race (1.9%)
- Asian Indian (0.8%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
- Chinese (0.6%)
Ancestries: Italian (31.4%), Irish (23.0%), German (18.9%), Polish (5.8%), United States (4.1%), English (4.0%).
New! Island, New York forum
Elevation: 80 feet
Land area: 8.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Middle Island
- High school or higher: 87.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 19.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.9%
- Unemployed: 3.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 32.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Middle Island CDP
- Never married: 25.8%
- Now married: 51.3%
- Separated: 3.6%
- Widowed: 7.4%
- Divorced: 11.9%
7.4% Foreign born (2.5% Europe, 2.5% Asia, 2.0% Latin America).
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
- Strike style - food, bar, music & video wall A perfect place for private events! />
Real Estate - - featured real estate listings, condos, land, and homes for sale. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY (7.8 miles Brookhaven, pop. 448,248).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (68.1 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Heights, NY (2.5 miles Gordon NY (3.6 miles Yaphank, NY (4.4 miles Ridge, NY (4.6 miles Coram, Point, NY Rocky (4.9 miles Beach, NY Sound (5.3 miles Place, NY Miller (5.5 miles NY (5.5 miles Medford,
Latitude: 40.89 N, Longitude: 72.94 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (25.3%), Retail trade (14.1%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.8%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,257 (-23.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 494 (9.9%)
Average climate in Middle Island, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Middle Island-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 55% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 30.1 miles away from the Middle Island city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 7/10/1989, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 12.1 miles away from the city center injured one person.
Birthplace of: Nicole Kaczmarski - WNBA player (Los Angeles Sparks, born: Apr 30, 1981).
Hospitals/medical centers near Middle Island:
- BROOKHAVEN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 9 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY)
- JOHN T MATHER MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; PORT JEFFERSON, NY)
- ST CHARLES HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; PORT JEFFERSON, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Middle Island:
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 13 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 22 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
- TWEED-NEW HAVEN (about 26 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; ID: HVN)
Other public-use airports nearest to Middle Island:
- BROOKHAVEN (about 8 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 12 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- LUFKER (about 15 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: O00)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Middle Island:
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 7 miles; SELDEN, NY; Full-time enrollment: 6,992)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 9 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 17 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- SUNY AT STONY BROOK (about 22 miles; STONY BROOK, NY; FT enrollment: 16,829)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 22 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; FT enrollment: 3,485)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAVEN (about 27 miles; WEST HAVEN, CT; FT enrollment: 3,081)
- SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY (about 30 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,120)
Public high school in Middle Island:
- LONGWOOD HS (Students: 3,138; Location: 100 LONGWOOD RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Middle Island:
- LONGWOOD JHS (Students: 1,602; Location: 198 LONGWOOD RD; Grades: 07 - 08)
- LONGWOOD MS (Students: 1,492; Location: 41 YPHNK-MID ISL RD; Grades: 05 - 06)
- WEST MIDDLE ISLAND SCHOOL (Students: 894; Location: 30 SWEZEY LN; Grades: KG - 04)
Library in Middle Island:
- LONGWOOD PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $3,764,029; Location: 800 MIDDLE COUNTRY ROAD; 289,740 books; 15,095 audio materials; 22,148 video materials; 569 serial subscriptions)
Notable location: Camp Wilderness (A).
Church in Middle Island: Holy Trinity Lutheran Church (A).
Lakes: Artist Lake (A), Pine Lake (B), Twin Ponds (C).
Middle Island compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Middle Island:
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Middle Island:
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- WXXP (105.3 FM; CALVERTON-ROANOKE, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCASTING CO. OF CALVERTON, INC)
- WRCN-FM (103.9 FM; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WLVG (96.1 FM; CENTER MORICHES, NY; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDRE (98.5 FM; WESTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCATING COMPANY OF WESTHAMPTON, INC.)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WKCI-FM (101.3 FM; HAMDEN, CT; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WPLR (99.1 FM; NEW HAVEN, CT; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WSHR (91.9 FM; LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY; Owner: SACHEM CENTRAL SCH DIST HOLBROOK)
- WEZN-FM (99.9 FM; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WSHU-FM (91.1 FM; FAIRFIELD, CT; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WPKN (89.5 FM; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: WPKN, INC.)
- WEBE (107.9 FM; WESTPORT, CT; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
TV broadcast stations around Middle Island:
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- W26CE (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTIC-TV (Channel 61; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
- WTNH (Channel 8; NEW HAVEN, CT; Owner: WTNH BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WEDY (Channel 65; NEW HAVEN, CT; Owner: CONNECTICUT PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCTX (Channel 59; NEW HAVEN, CT; Owner: WTNH BROADCASTING, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.