Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 16,735
Males: 8,045 (48.1%), Females: 8,690 (51.9%)
Median resident age: 37.4 years
Median household income: $75,236 (year 2000)
Median house value: $207,900 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Sayville:
- White Non-Hispanic (93.5%)
- Hispanic (3.0%)
- Asian Indian (1.2%)
- Two or more races (0.9%)
- Black (0.7%)
Ancestries: Irish (35.7%), Italian (30.8%), German (23.4%), English (7.7%), Polish (5.0%), United States (3.2%).
New! New York forum
Elevation: 20 feet
Land area: 5.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Sayville
- High school or higher: 91.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 34.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 14.7%
- Unemployed: 2.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 30.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Sayville CDP
- Never married: 23.2%
- Now married: 61.7%
- Separated: 1.5%
- Widowed: 6.2%
- Divorced: 7.4%
3.8% Foreign born (1.7% Asia, 1.3% Europe, 0.4% Latin America).
Ny - sell or rent Long Island real estate. />
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
For Suffolk County - Through Our MLS List & Find Your Fantastic Dream Home Today. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Islip, (9.5 miles pop. 322,612).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (57.6 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NY (1.9 miles Bayport, Sayville, NY West (1.9 miles NY (2.8 miles Bohemia, Point, NY (3.2 miles Blue NY (3.7 miles Holbrook, NY (4.0 miles Oakdale, NY Patchogue, (4.5 miles Patchogue, NY (4.8 miles North
Latitude: 40.75 N, Longitude: 73.08 W
Area codes: 631, 516
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (25.3%), Retail trade (10.4%), Manufacturing (10.3%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -3,005 (-18.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,206 (14.7%)
Average climate in Sayville, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Sayville-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 60% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 41.2 miles away from the Sayville city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 7/10/1989, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 21.3 miles away from the city center injured one person.
Birthplace of: Kevin Burton - College basketball player (Boston U. Terriers).
Hospitals/medical centers near Sayville:
- BROOKHAVEN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY)
- ST CATHERINE OF SIENA MEDICAL CENTER (about 12 miles; SMITHTOWN, NY)
- PILGRIM STATE HOSP (about 12 miles; WEST BRENTWOOD, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Sayville:
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 3 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- REPUBLIC (about 23 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 28 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Sayville:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 3 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- BROOKHAVEN (about 17 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- LUFKER (about 24 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: O00)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Sayville:
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 4 miles; OAKDALE, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,747)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 6 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 9 miles; SELDEN, NY; FT enrollment: 6,992)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 12 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; FT enrollment: 3,485)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 25 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
- FAIRFIELD UNIVERSITY (about 32 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,197)
- SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY (about 33 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,120)
Public primary/middle schools in Sayville:
- SAYVILLE MS (Students: 887; Location: 291 JOHNSON AVE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- SUNRISE DRIVE ES (Students: 635; Location: 320 SUNRISE DR; Grades: KG - 05)
- LINCOLN AVE ES (Students: 563; Location: 440 LINCOLN AVE; Grades: KG - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Sayville:
- PRINCE OF PEACE REGIONAL SCHOO (Students: 316; Location: 200 MAIN ST; Grades: PK - 6)
- LEEWAY (Students: 135; Location: 335 JOHNSON AVE; Grades: PK - UG)
- FIRST BAPTIST CHRISTIAN ACAD (Students: 43; Location: 324 LAKELAND AVENUE; Grades: KG - 1)
Library in Sayville:
- SAYVILLE LIBRARY (Operating income: $1,817,766; Location: 11 COLLINS AVENUE; 108,544 books; 2,358 audio materials; 8,515 video materials; 330 serial subscriptions)
Church in Sayville: Saint Anns Church (A).
Cemeteries: Union Cemetery (1), Saint Lawrence Cemetery (2).
Lakes and reservoirs: Sans Souci Lakes (A), Mill Pond (B), Lotus Lake (C).
Creek: Green Creek (A).
Sayville compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Sayville:
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WALK (1370 AM; 1 kW; EAST PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Sayville:
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSHR (91.9 FM; LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY; Owner: SACHEM CENTRAL SCH DIST HOLBROOK)
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- WXXP (105.3 FM; CALVERTON-ROANOKE, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCASTING CO. OF CALVERTON, INC)
- WRCN-FM (103.9 FM; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WLVG (96.1 FM; CENTER MORICHES, NY; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WDRE (98.5 FM; WESTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCATING COMPANY OF WESTHAMPTON, INC.)
- WXBA (88.1 FM; BRENTWOOD, NY; Owner: BRENTWOOD UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT)
TV broadcast stations around Sayville:
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- W26CE (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.