Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 9,347. Estimated population in July 2005: 9,336 (-0.1% change)
Males: 4,627 (49.5%), Females: 4,720 (50.5%)
Median resident age: 37.4 years
Median household income: $37,245 (year 2000)
Median house value: $72,600 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Seneca Falls:
- White Non-Hispanic (95.1%)
- Hispanic (1.3%)
- Two or more races (1.2%)
- Black (0.9%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: Italian (27.9%), German (19.2%), Irish (17.4%), English (15.5%), Dutch (4.7%), Polish (4.4%).
New! Falls, New York forum
Elevation: 450 feet
Land area: 4.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Seneca Falls
- High school or higher: 84.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 22.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.4%
- Unemployed: 5.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 19.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Seneca Falls town
- Never married: 26.2%
- Now married: 54.8%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 7.6%
- Divorced: 9.4%
3.9% Foreign born (1.5% North America, 1.2% Asia, 0.8% Europe, 0.5% Latin America).
NY Real Estate - for Homes, Condos and Land By Map, Street Address, Mtg Payment />
York Real Estate - Listings, Find Local Brokers & Get Info on Buying a New NY Home />
Real Estate - For Sale New York ERA Real Estate Scott Foley />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Syracuse, (45.9 miles pop. 147,306).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY Rochester, (58.6 miles pop. 219,773).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (231.1 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Falls, NY Seneca (0.0 miles NY (4.2 miles Waterloo, NY (4.9 miles Cayuga, NY (5.7 miles Tyre, NY (6.6 miles Fayette, Springs, NY (8.5 miles Union NY (9.5 miles Montezuma,
Latitude: 42.91 N, Longitude: 76.80 W
Area code: 315
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (24.8%), Manufacturing (24.2%), Retail trade (13.7%).
Average climate in Seneca Falls, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Seneca Falls-area historical tornado activity is below New York state average. It is 76% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/2/1983, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 21.8 miles away from the Seneca Falls city center killed one person and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 5/2/1983, a category 3 tornado 40.8 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Seneca Falls:
- GENEVA GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 15 miles; GENEVA, NY)
- AUBURN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; AUBURN, NY)
- VIAHEALTH OF WAYNE (about 23 miles; NEWARK, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Seneca Falls:
- ITHACA TOMPKINS REGIONAL (about 38 miles; ITHACA, NY; ID: ITH)
- SYRACUSE HANCOCK INTL (about 51 miles; SYRACUSE, NY; ID: SYR)
- ELMIRA/CORNING REGIONAL (about 53 miles; ELMIRA/CORNING, NY; ID: ELM)
Other public-use airports nearest to Seneca Falls:
- FINGER LAKES REGIONAL (about 3 miles; SENECA FALLS, NY; ID: 0G7)
- AIRTREK (about 5 miles; WATERLOO, NY; ID: D93)
- OVID (about 18 miles; OVID, NY; ID: D82)
College/University in Seneca Falls:
- NEW YORK CHIROPRACTIC COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 792; Location: 2360 STATE RTE 89; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.nycc.edu)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Seneca Falls:
- FINGER LAKES COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 35 miles; CANANDAIGUA, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,021)
- ITHACA COLLEGE (about 38 miles; ITHACA, NY; FT enrollment: 6,052)
- CORNELL UNIVERSITY-ENDOWED COLLEGES (about 39 miles; ITHACA, NY; FT enrollment: 12,036)
- CORNELL UNIVERSITY-NY STATE STATUTORY COLLEGES (about 39 miles; ITHACA, NY; FT enrollment: 7,413)
- ONONDAGA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 41 miles; SYRACUSE, NY; FT enrollment: 5,132)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT OSWEGO (about 44 miles; OSWEGO, NY; FT enrollment: 7,138)
- SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY (about 47 miles; SYRACUSE, NY; FT enrollment: 15,859)
Public high school in Seneca Falls:
- MYNDERSE ACAD (Students: 533; Location: 105 TROY ST; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high schools in Seneca Falls:
- FINGER LAKES CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 74; Location: 2291 ROUTE 89; Grades: PK - 12)
- SENECA BIBLE BAPTIST CHRSTN SC (Students: 19; Location: 1859 AUBURN ROAD; Grades: KG - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Seneca Falls:
- SENECA FALLS MS (Students: 348; Location: 95 TROY ST; Grades: 06 - 08)
- ELIZABETH CADY STANTON ES (Students: 319; Location: 38 GARDEN ST; Grades: 03 - 05)
- FRANK M. KNIGHT ES (Students: 299; Location: 98 CLINTON ST; Grades: KG - 02)
Private primary/middle school in Seneca Falls:
- ST PATRICKS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 167; Location: 81 WEST BAYARD STREET; Grades: PK - 8)
Library in Seneca Falls:
- MYNDERSE LIBRARY (Operating income: $517,150; Location: 31 FALL STREET; 21,130 books; 1,310 audio materials; 300 video materials; 62 serial subscriptions)
Cemeteries: Rest Vale Cemetery (1), Saint Columbkille Cemetery (2).
Reservoir: Van Cleef Lake (A).
Creek: Sampson Creek (A).
Park in Seneca Falls: Women's Rights National Historical Park (1).
Seneca Falls compared to New York state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Seneca Falls:
- WSFW (1110 AM; daytime; 1 kW; SENECA FALLS, NY; Owner: AUBURN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHAM (1180 AM; 50 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WACK (1420 AM; 5 kW; NEWARK, NY; Owner: PEMBROOK PINES, INC.)
- WPIE (1160 AM; 5 kW; TRUMANSBURG, NY; Owner: PEMBROOK PINES ITHACA LTD. N.A.)
- WFLR (1570 AM; 5 kW; DUNDEE, NY; Owner: LAKES COUNTY COMMUNICATION CORP.)
- WSYR (570 AM; 5 kW; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHEN (620 AM; 5 kW; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WAUB (1590 AM; 1 kW; AUBURN, NY; Owner: AUBURN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGVA (1240 AM; 1 kW; GENEVA, NY; Owner: GENEVA BROADCASTING INC)
- WWLF (1340 AM; 1 kW; AUBURN, NY; Owner: WOLF RADIO, INC)
- WHCU (870 AM; 5 kW; ITHACA, NY; Owner: EAGLE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WABH (1380 AM; 10 kW; BATH, NY)
- WTKO (1470 AM; 5 kW; ITHACA, NY; Owner: EAGLE II BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Seneca Falls:
- WLLW (99.3 FM; SENECA FALLS, NY; Owner: AUBURN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNYR-FM (98.5 FM; WATERLOO, NY; Owner: LAKE COUNTRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WFLK (101.7 FM; GENEVA, NY; Owner: MB COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WPHR (106.9 FM; AUBURN, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCOV-FM (93.7 FM; CLYDE, NY; Owner: FAMILY LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WQNY (103.7 FM; ITHACA, NY; Owner: EAGLE II BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WFLR-FM (95.9 FM; DUNDEE, NY; Owner: LAKES COUNTRY COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WCIY (88.9 FM; CANANDAIGUA, NY; Owner: FAMILY LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WISY (102.3 FM; CANANDAIGUA, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WEOS (89.7 FM; GENEVA, NY; Owner: THE COLLEGES OF THE SENECA)
- WFRW (88.1 FM; WEBSTER, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Seneca Falls:
- W69AN (Channel 69; UNION SPRINGS, ETC., NY; Owner: SONNY PERSAD)
- WCNY-TV (Channel 24; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: PUBLIC BROADCASTING COUNCIL OF CENTRAL NEW YORK)
- WSYT (Channel 68; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: WSYT LICENSEE L.P.)
- W48AO (Channel 48; AUBURN, NY; Owner: SONNY PERSAD)
- W54AK (Channel 54; AUBURN, NY; Owner: SONNY PERSAD)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.