Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 54,712. Estimated population in July 2005: 58,756 (+7.4% change)
Males: 27,246 (49.8%), Females: 27,466 (50.2%)
Median resident age: 40.4 years
Median household income: $53,887 (year 2000)
Median house value: $245,400 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Southampton:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (82.6%)
- Hispanic (8.6%)
- Black (6.6%)
- Other race (2.3%)
- Two or more races (1.7%)
- American Indian (0.8%)
Ancestries: Irish (22.0%), Italian (18.4%), German (17.6%), English (11.2%), Polish (8.8%), United States (3.5%).
New! New York forum
Elevation: 25 feet
Land area: 6.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Southampton
- High school or higher: 86.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 31.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 13.9%
- Unemployed: 4.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Southampton town
- Never married: 25.5%
- Now married: 55.7%
- Separated: 2.1%
- Widowed: 8.0%
- Divorced: 8.7%
11.1% Foreign born (5.5% Latin America, 4.2% Europe).
Real Estate - Current & Local Home Listings. Find Real Estate In MA. Free! />
Hotel - Hotel Photos, Features & Deals at ORBITZ. Book Rooms Now & Save! />
NY Homes - View Hundreds of NY Homes Search the Southampton NY mls />
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY (36.7 miles Brookhaven, pop. 448,248).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (105.4 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NY Southampton, (0.0 miles NY (3.0 miles Tuckahoe, Sea, NY (3.9 miles North NY Watermill, (4.0 miles NY (4.1 miles Deerfield, Hills, NY (4.6 miles Shinnecock NY (6.8 miles Bridgehampton, NY (8.4 miles Noyack,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1999: 40 buildings, average cost: $660,800
- 2000: 30 buildings, average cost: $742,800
- 2002: 27 buildings, average cost: $841,400
- 2004: 21 buildings, average cost: $925,200
- 2005: 14 buildings, average cost: $2,089,200
Latitude: 40.89 N, Longitude: 72.40 W
Area code: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (20.1%), Retail trade (13.5%), Construction (13.3%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (13.3%).
Average climate in Southampton, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Southampton-area historical tornado activity is slightly below New York state average. It is 68% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 47.0 miles away from the Southampton city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 8/8/1999, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 9.5 miles away from the city center injured one person and caused $1 million in damages.
Birthplace of: Carl Yastrzemski - (born 1939), Baseball Hall of Famer, Mary Cleave - astronaut, Stephen Babinski - College football player (Massachusetts Minutemen).
Hospital/medical center in Southampton:
- SOUTHAMPTON HOSPITAL (240 MEETING HOUSE LANE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Southampton:
- EASTERN LONG ISLAND HOSPITAL (about 16 miles; GREENPORT, NY)
- UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; SUNY STONY BROOK, NY)
- CENTRAL SUFFOLK HOSPITAL (about 19 miles; RIVERHEAD, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Southampton:
- GROTON-NEW LONDON (about 39 miles; GROTON NEW LONDON, CT; ID: GON)
- TWEED-NEW HAVEN (about 43 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; ID: HVN)
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 50 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
Other public-use airports nearest to Southampton:
- SOUTHAMPTON (about 6 miles; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; ID: 87N)
- MATTITUCK (about 11 miles; MATTITUCK, NY; ID: 21N)
- EAST HAMPTON (about 11 miles; EAST HAMPTON, NY; ID: HTO)
College/University in Southampton:
- LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY-SOUTHAMPTON COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 1,743; Location: 239 Montauk Highway; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.southampton.liu.edu; Offers Master's degree)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Southampton:
- SUNY AT STONY BROOK (about 17 miles; STONY BROOK, NY; Full-time enrollment: 16,829)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 43 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 45 miles; SELDEN, NY; FT enrollment: 6,992)
- GATEWAY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 48 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; FT enrollment: 2,100)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAVEN (about 48 miles; WEST HAVEN, CT; FT enrollment: 3,081)
- YALE UNIVERSITY (about 50 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; FT enrollment: 11,011)
- WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY (about 50 miles; MIDDLETOWN, CT; FT enrollment: 2,993)
Public high school in Southampton:
- SOUTHAMPTON SHS (Students: 639; Location: 141 NARROW LN; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Southampton:
- SOUTHAMPTON ES (Students: 662; Location: 30 PINE ST; Grades: PK - 04)
- SOUTHAMPTON IS (Students: 468; Location: 70 LELAND LN; Grades: 05 - 08)
- TUCKAHOE SCHOOL (Students: 338; Location: 468 MAGEE ST; Grades: PK - 08)
Private primary/middle schools in Southampton:
- OUR LADY OF THE HAMPTONS (Students: 406; Location: 160 N MAIN STREET; Grades: PK - 8)
- SOUTHAMPTON MONTESSORI (Students: 62; Location: 135 ST ANDREWS RD; Grades: PK - KG)
Library in Southampton:
- ROGERS MEMORIAL LIBRARY (Operating income: $2,222,187; Location: 9 JOB'S LANE; 94,775 books; 3,694 audio materials; 7,003 video materials; 364 serial subscriptions)
Churches in Southampton include: Saint Andrews Church (A), Saint John's Episcopal Church (B).
Cemeteries: Old Southampton Cemetery (1), North End Cemetery (2).
Lakes: Coopers Neck Pond (A), Wickapogue Pond (B), Halsey Neck Pond (C), Old Town Pond (D), Phillips Pond (E), Agawan Lake (F).
Creek: Taylor Creek (A).
Park in Southampton: Agawam Park (1).
Beach: Southampton Beach (A).
Southampton compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Southampton:
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WLIS (1420 AM; 5 kW; OLD SAYBROOK, CT; Owner: CROSSROADS COMM. OLD SAYBROOK, LLC)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Southampton:
- W264AJ (100.7 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: MONROE BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WBAZ (102.5 FM; BRIDGEHAMPTON, NY; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- W277AB (103.3 FM; NOYACK, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WHFM (95.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WRLI-FM (91.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: CONNECTICUT PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC)
- WLNG (92.1 FM; SAG HARBOR, NY; Owner: MAIN STREET BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WBEA (101.7 FM; SOUTHOLD, NY; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- W233AI (94.5 FM; SAG HARBOR, NY; Owner: MONROE BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- WBON (107.1 FM; HAMPTON BAYS, NY; Owner: NASSAU BROADCASTING HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WSUF (89.9 FM; NOYACK, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WHBE (96.7 FM; EAST HAMPTON, NY; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WLVG (96.1 FM; CENTER MORICHES, NY; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WRCN-FM (103.9 FM; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WXXP (105.3 FM; CALVERTON-ROANOKE, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCASTING CO. OF CALVERTON, INC)
TV broadcast stations around Southampton:
- WVVH-LP (Channel 23; SOUTHAMPTON, ETC., NY; Owner: VIDEO VOICE, INC.)
- WHPX (Channel 26; NEW LONDON, CT; Owner: PAXSON HARTFORD LICENSE, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.