Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 13,268
Males: 6,225 (46.9%), Females: 7,043 (53.1%)
Median resident age: 39.1 years
Median household income: $71,144 (year 2000)
Median house value: $228,300 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in St. James:
- White Non-Hispanic (94.5%)
- Hispanic (3.5%)
- Other race (0.6%)
- Two or more races (0.5%)
Ancestries: Italian (35.1%), Irish (29.7%), German (18.4%), Polish (6.2%), English (5.2%), United States (3.2%).
New! James, New York forum
Land area: 4.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in St. James
- High school or higher: 90.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 31.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 14.4%
- Unemployed: 2.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 33.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in St. James CDP
- Never married: 19.2%
- Now married: 62.7%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 11.6%
- Divorced: 5.7%
5.2% Foreign born (3.1% Europe, 1.1% Asia, 1.0% Latin America).
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
For Suffolk County - Through Our MLS List & Find Your Fantastic Dream Home Today. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Smithtown, (4.3 miles pop. 115,715).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY Islip, (10.6 miles pop. 322,612).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (53.7 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: of the Harbor, NY (1.5 miles Head NY Nesconset, (2.2 miles of the Branch, NY (2.5 miles Village Brook, NY Stony (2.7 miles Grove, NY (3.0 miles Lake NY (3.1 miles Nissequogue, NY Smithtown, (4.3 miles .
Latitude: 40.88 N, Longitude: 73.16 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (25.6%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.8%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (10.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,464 (-18.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 674 (11.6%)
Average climate in St. James, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
St. James-area historical tornado activity is slightly above New York state average. It is 52% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 34.6 miles away from the St. James city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 5/24/1962, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 46.6 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 50 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near St. James:
- ST CATHERINE OF SIENA MEDICAL CENTER (about 4 miles; SMITHTOWN, NY)
- JOHN T MATHER MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; PORT JEFFERSON, NY)
- ST CHARLES HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; PORT JEFFERSON, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to St. James:
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 8 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 19 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
- REPUBLIC (about 21 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
Other public-use airports nearest to St. James:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 12 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- BROOKHAVEN (about 22 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- LUFKER (about 29 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: O00)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to St. James:
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 8 miles; SELDEN, NY; Full-time enrollment: 6,992)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 9 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; FT enrollment: 3,485)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 10 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 13 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- FAIRFIELD UNIVERSITY (about 22 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,197)
- SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY (about 23 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,120)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 23 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
Public primary/middle schools in St. James:
- SMITHTOWN MS (Students: 1,622; Location: 10 SCHOOL ST; Grades: 06 - 08)
- ST JAMES ES (Students: 565; Location: 580 LAKE AVE; Grades: KG - 05)
St. James compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in St. James:
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in St. James:
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSHR (91.9 FM; LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY; Owner: SACHEM CENTRAL SCH DIST HOLBROOK)
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WEZN-FM (99.9 FM; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WKCI-FM (101.3 FM; HAMDEN, CT; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WSHU-FM (91.1 FM; FAIRFIELD, CT; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WEBE (107.9 FM; WESTPORT, CT; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WPLR (99.1 FM; NEW HAVEN, CT; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WPKN (89.5 FM; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: WPKN, INC.)
- WXXP (105.3 FM; CALVERTON-ROANOKE, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCASTING CO. OF CALVERTON, INC)
- WRCN-FM (103.9 FM; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WLVG (96.1 FM; CENTER MORICHES, NY; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around St. James:
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WTNH (Channel 8; NEW HAVEN, CT; Owner: WTNH BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WEDW (Channel 49; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: CONNECTICUT PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W26CE (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WLIW (Channel 21; GARDEN CITY, NY; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.