Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,866. Estimated population in July 2005: 7,850 (-0.2% change)
Males: 3,745 (47.6%), Females: 4,121 (52.4%)
Median resident age: 39.1 years
Median household income: $33,089 (year 2000)
Median house value: $64,600 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Waterloo:
- White Non-Hispanic (95.8%)
- Hispanic (1.8%)
- Black (1.0%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
- Other race (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (18.6%), Italian (18.0%), Irish (17.4%), English (15.6%), United States (9.5%), Dutch (7.8%).
New! New York forum
Elevation: 455 feet
Land area: 2.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Waterloo
- High school or higher: 75.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.5%
- Unemployed: 7.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 19.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Waterloo town
- Never married: 24.2%
- Now married: 50.3%
- Separated: 3.1%
- Widowed: 11.1%
- Divorced: 11.2%
2.0% Foreign born (0.9% Europe, 0.4% Asia, 0.4% Latin America, 0.3% North America).
NY Real Estate - to databases so you can find a home and get school reports. />
Real Estate - Barrington, MA (413) 528-1188 Spencertown, NY (518) 392-4975 />
Ny Real Estate - View Hundreds of NY Homes Search the Armonk NY MLS />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Syracuse, (50.1 miles pop. 147,306).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY Rochester, (54.7 miles pop. 219,773).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (232.9 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: NY (0.0 miles Waterloo, Falls, NY Seneca (4.2 miles NY (7.1 miles Fayette, NY (7.2 miles Tyre, NY (9.2 miles Cayuga, NY Geneva, (9.2 miles .
Latitude: 42.90 N, Longitude: 76.86 W
Area code: 315
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (22.9%), Manufacturing (20.5%), Retail trade (14.4%).
Average climate in Waterloo, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Waterloo-area historical tornado activity is below New York state average. It is 77% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/2/1983, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 24.7 miles away from the Waterloo city center killed one person and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 8/30/1955, a category 3 tornado 39.9 miles away from the city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Waterloo:
- GENEVA GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; GENEVA, NY)
- VIAHEALTH OF WAYNE (about 20 miles; NEWARK, NY)
- CLIFTON SPRINGS HOSPITAL (about 21 miles; CLIFTON SPRINGS, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Waterloo:
- ITHACA TOMPKINS REGIONAL (about 41 miles; ITHACA, NY; ID: ITH)
- ELMIRA/CORNING REGIONAL (about 52 miles; ELMIRA/CORNING, NY; ID: ELM)
- SYRACUSE HANCOCK INTL (about 55 miles; SYRACUSE, NY; ID: SYR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Waterloo:
- AIRTREK (about 5 miles; WATERLOO, NY; ID: D93)
- FINGER LAKES REGIONAL (about 7 miles; SENECA FALLS, NY; ID: 0G7)
- OVID (about 19 miles; OVID, NY; ID: D82)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Waterloo:
- FINGER LAKES COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 31 miles; CANANDAIGUA, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,021)
- ITHACA COLLEGE (about 41 miles; ITHACA, NY; FT enrollment: 6,052)
- CORNELL UNIVERSITY-ENDOWED COLLEGES (about 41 miles; ITHACA, NY; FT enrollment: 12,036)
- CORNELL UNIVERSITY-NY STATE STATUTORY COLLEGES (about 41 miles; ITHACA, NY; FT enrollment: 7,413)
- ONONDAGA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 45 miles; SYRACUSE, NY; FT enrollment: 5,132)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT OSWEGO (about 46 miles; OSWEGO, NY; FT enrollment: 7,138)
- NAZARETH COLLEGE OF ROCHESTER (about 51 miles; ROCHESTER, NY; FT enrollment: 2,351)
Public high school in Waterloo:
- WATERLOO HS (Students: 585; Location: 65 CENTER ST; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Waterloo:
- WATERLOO MS (Students: 527; Location: 202 W MAIN ST; Grades: 06 - 08)
- SKOI-YASE SCHOOL (Students: 446; Location: 65 FAYETTE ST; Grades: PK - 02)
- LA FAYETTE SCHOOL (Students: 389; Location: 71 INSLEE ST; Grades: 03 - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Waterloo:
- ST MARY SCHOOL-WATERLOO (Students: 186; Location: 35 CENTER STREET; Grades: PK - 8)
- FAYETTE MENNONITE SCHOOL (Students: 51; Location: 1468 LEADER RD; Grades: 1 - 8)
Library in Waterloo:
- WATERLOO LIBRARY AND HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Operating income: $123,386; Location: 31 EAST WILLIAMS STREET; 31,372 books; 373 audio materials; 401 video materials; 63 serial subscriptions)
Church in Waterloo: Calvary Church (A).
Cemeteries: Maple Grove Cemetery (1), Bear Cemetery (2).
Creek: Silver Creek (A).
Waterloo compared to New York state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Waterloo:
- WSFW (1110 AM; daytime; 1 kW; SENECA FALLS, NY; Owner: AUBURN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WACK (1420 AM; 5 kW; NEWARK, NY; Owner: PEMBROOK PINES, INC.)
- WHAM (1180 AM; 50 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WGVA (1240 AM; 1 kW; GENEVA, NY; Owner: GENEVA BROADCASTING INC)
- WPIE (1160 AM; 5 kW; TRUMANSBURG, NY; Owner: PEMBROOK PINES ITHACA LTD. N.A.)
- WFLR (1570 AM; 5 kW; DUNDEE, NY; Owner: LAKES COUNTY COMMUNICATION CORP.)
- WSYR (570 AM; 5 kW; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHEN (620 AM; 5 kW; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WABH (1380 AM; 10 kW; BATH, NY)
- WHCU (870 AM; 5 kW; ITHACA, NY; Owner: EAGLE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WAUB (1590 AM; 1 kW; AUBURN, NY; Owner: AUBURN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WWLF (1340 AM; 1 kW; AUBURN, NY; Owner: WOLF RADIO, INC)
- WYLF (850 AM; 1 kW; PENN YAN, NY; Owner: M B COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Waterloo:
- WNYR-FM (98.5 FM; WATERLOO, NY; Owner: LAKE COUNTRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WLLW (99.3 FM; SENECA FALLS, NY; Owner: AUBURN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WFLK (101.7 FM; GENEVA, NY; Owner: MB COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WPHR (106.9 FM; AUBURN, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCOV-FM (93.7 FM; CLYDE, NY; Owner: FAMILY LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WISY (102.3 FM; CANANDAIGUA, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WFLR-FM (95.9 FM; DUNDEE, NY; Owner: LAKES COUNTRY COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WCIY (88.9 FM; CANANDAIGUA, NY; Owner: FAMILY LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WEOS (89.7 FM; GENEVA, NY; Owner: THE COLLEGES OF THE SENECA)
- WFXF (107.3 FM; SOUTH BRISTOL TOWNSH, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WNVE (95.1 FM; HONEOYE FALLS, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WQNY (103.7 FM; ITHACA, NY; Owner: EAGLE II BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WFRW (88.1 FM; WEBSTER, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- W220CJ (91.9 FM; PENN YAN, NY; Owner: FAMILY LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Waterloo:
- W69AN (Channel 69; UNION SPRINGS, ETC., NY; Owner: SONNY PERSAD)
- W48AO (Channel 48; AUBURN, NY; Owner: SONNY PERSAD)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.