Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 9,439
Males: 4,824 (51.1%), Females: 4,615 (48.9%)
Median resident age: 35.9 years
Median household income: $41,790 (year 2000)
Median house value: $102,900 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in St. Stephens:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (83.7%)
- Hispanic (9.8%)
- Other race (4.1%)
- Black (2.7%)
- Other Asian (1.5%)
- Two or more races (1.3%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
- Vietnamese (0.6%)
Ancestries: United States (22.0%), German (16.4%), English (6.7%), Irish (5.7%), Dutch (2.7%), Scotch-Irish (2.5%).Stephens, North Carolina forum
Land area: 9.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in St. Stephens
- High school or higher: 72.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.1%
- Unemployed: 4.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 20.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in St. Stephens CDP
- Never married: 19.6%
- Now married: 62.0%
- Separated: 2.5%
- Widowed: 5.9%
- Divorced: 9.9%
7.8% Foreign born (6.1% Latin America, 0.8% Europe).
Nc Real Estate - Help From A Local Expert, Scout Neighborhoods, Mortgages & More />
level, 3000 sq ft - BR's w/2 Full Baths Hickory, NC />
Condos In Asheville - and Luxury Condos Grand Opening on Aug 19th, 2006 />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NC Gastonia, (36.0 miles pop. 66,277).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NC Charlotte, (49.4 miles pop. 540,828).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (513.0 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: NC (3.3 miles Bethlehem, NC (4.0 miles Hickory, NC (5.5 miles Conover, NC (6.2 miles Northlakes, NC (6.5 miles Brookford, View, NC (7.8 miles Long NC Newton, (7.9 miles View, NC (8.5 miles Mountain
Latitude: 35.77 N, Longitude: 81.28 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 828
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (40.8%), Educational,health and social services (12.2%), Retail trade (12.0%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -3,572 (-37.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 328 (6.6%)
Average climate in St. Stephens, North Carolina
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
St. Stephens-area historical tornado activity is slightly below North Carolina state average. It is 12% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/7/1998, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 7.7 miles away from the St. Stephens city center injured 2 people and caused $1 million in damages.
On 5/5/1989, a category 4 tornado 11.5 miles away from the city center killed 4 people and injured 52 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near St. Stephens:
- FRYE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 4 miles; HICKORY, NC)
- CATAWBA VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER (about 7 miles; HICKORY, NC)
- VALDESE GENERAL HOSPITAL INC (about 21 miles; VALDESE, NC)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to St. Stephens:
- HICKORY REGIONAL (about 8 miles; HICKORY, NC; ID: HKY)
- CHARLOTTE/DOUGLAS INTL (about 46 miles; CHARLOTTE, NC; ID: CLT)
- SMITH REYNOLDS (about 78 miles; WINSTON SALEM, NC; ID: INT)
Other public-use airports nearest to St. Stephens:
- WILSON'S (about 10 miles; HICKORY, NC; ID: E40)
- LANEYS (about 18 miles; MAIDEN, NC; ID: N92)
- LINCOLNTON-LINCOLN COUNTY RGNL (about 23 miles; LINCOLNTON, NC; ID: IPJ)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to St. Stephens:
- CATAWBA VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 7 miles; HICKORY, NC; Full-time enrollment: 2,052)
- GASTON COLLEGE (about 31 miles; DALLAS, NC; FT enrollment: 2,473)
- APPALACHIAN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 44 miles; BOONE, NC; FT enrollment: 12,245)
- GARDNER-WEBB UNIVERSITY (about 44 miles; BOILING SPRINGS, NC; FT enrollment: 2,563)
- CENTRAL PIEDMONT COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 48 miles; CHARLOTTE, NC; FT enrollment: 7,967)
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHARLOTTE (about 50 miles; CHARLOTTE, NC; FT enrollment: 13,706)
- WINTHROP UNIVERSITY (about 54 miles; ROCK HILL, SC; FT enrollment: 4,976)
Notable locations in St. Stephens: Propst Store (A), Saint Stephens (B).
Churches in St. Stephens include: Trinity Church (A), Sandy Ridge Church (B).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Falling Creek (A), Herman Branch (B).
St. Stephens compared to North Carolina state average:
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in St. Stephens:
- WHKY (1290 AM; 50 kW; HICKORY, NC; Owner: LONG COMMUNICATIONS, LLC.)
- WAIZ (630 AM; 1 kW; HICKORY, NC; Owner: NEWTON-CONOVER COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WCXN (1170 AM; daytime; 8 kW; CLAREMONT, NC; Owner: WCXN, INC.)
- WBT (1110 AM; 50 kW; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATNS CO. OF NORTH CAROLINA)
- WNNC (1230 AM; 1 kW; NEWTON, NC; Owner: NEWTON-CONOVER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WLTC (1370 AM; 20 kW; GASTONIA, NC)
- WKGX (1080 AM; daytime; 5 kW; LENOIR, NC; Owner: FOOTHILLS RADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WTRU (830 AM; 50 kW; KERNERSVILLE, NC; Owner: TRUTH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WFGW (1010 AM; 50 kW; BLACK MOUNTAIN, NC; Owner: BLUE RIDGE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WAGL (1560 AM; daytime; 50 kW; LANCASTER, SC; Owner: PALMETTO BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC.)
- WACB (860 AM; 1 kW; TAYLORSVILLE, NC)
- WXIT (1200 AM; daytime; 10 kW; BLOWING ROCK, NC; Owner: RONDINARO BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in St. Stephens:
- WFHE (90.3 FM; HICKORY, NC; Owner: UNIVERSITY RADIO FOUNDATION, INC.)
- W232AV (94.3 FM; LENOIR, NC; Owner: DAVID TORRES)
- W218BW (91.5 FM; LENOIR, NC; Owner: EAST TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WKBC-FM (97.3 FM; NORTH WILKESBORO, NC; Owner: WILKES BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WLYT (102.9 FM; HICKORY, NC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WPEG (97.9 FM; CONCORD, NC; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- WNKS (95.1 FM; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- WLNK (107.9 FM; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY OF NORTH CAROLINA)
- WXRC (95.7 FM; HICKORY, NC; Owner: PACIFIC BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- WPIR (88.1 FM; HICKORY, NC; Owner: POSITIVE ALTERNATIVE RADIO, INC.)
- WBAV-FM (101.9 FM; GASTONIA, NC; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- WKVS (103.3 FM; LENOIR, NC; Owner: FOOTHILLS RADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WFMX (105.7 FM; STATESVILLE, NC; Owner: MERCURY BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WMIT (106.9 FM; BLACK MOUNTAIN, NC; Owner: BLUE RIDGE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WNCW (88.7 FM; SPINDALE, NC; Owner: ISOTHERMAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WECR-FM (102.3 FM; BEECH MOUNTAIN, NC; Owner: RONDINARO BROADCASTING, INC)
- WTHZ (94.1 FM; LEXINGTON, NC; Owner: DAVIDSON COUNTY BROADCASTING CO, INC)
- WZJS (100.7 FM; BANNER ELK, NC; Owner: HIGHLAND COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATES, LLC)
- WAGI-FM (105.3 FM; GAFFNEY, SC; Owner: GAFFNEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WWMG (96.1 FM; SHELBY, NC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around St. Stephens:
- WHKY-TV (Channel 14; HICKORY, NC; Owner: LONG COMMUNICATIONS, LLC.)
- WBTV (Channel 3; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATIONS/WBTV, INC.)
- WJZY (Channel 46; BELMONT, NC; Owner: WJZY-TV, INC.)
- WWWB (Channel 55; ROCK HILL, SC; Owner: WWWB-TV, INC.)
- WCNC-TV (Channel 36; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: WCNC-TV, INC.)
- WAFF (Channel 48; HUNTSVILLE, AL; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- WAXN (Channel 64; KANNAPOLIS, NC; Owner: WSOC-TV HOLDINGS, INC.)
- W38CN (Channel 38; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: NATIONAL MINORITY T.V., INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.