Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,599
Males: 4,158 (54.7%), Females: 3,441 (45.3%)
Median resident age: 22.0 years
Median household income: $32,255 (year 2000)
Median house value: $83,800 (year 2000)
Minot AFB, ND residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Minot AFB:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (76.6%)
- Black (10.2%)
- Hispanic (6.2%)
- Two or more races (4.1%)
- Other race (2.8%)
- Filipino (1.6%)
- American Indian (1.6%)
Ancestries: German (22.8%), Irish (11.3%), English (7.0%), United States (5.9%), French (5.2%), Italian (5.2%).
New! AFB, North Dakota forum
Land area: 7.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Minot AFB
- High school or higher: 97.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 23.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.4%
- Unemployed: 8.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 10.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Minot AFB CDP
- Never married: 23.4%
- Now married: 72.5%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 0.3%
- Divorced: 3.0%
3.0% Foreign born (1.1% Europe, 0.9% Asia, 0.9% Latin America).
near Minot AFB - for Sale by Owner Houses for Rent near Minot />
Dakota Foreclosures - Foreclosures low as $10k Search Free Today! />
ND Real Estate - Minot MD Properties. Useful Tips for Buyers and Sellers! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: ND Bismarck, (117.1 miles www.RealtyStore.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MN Minneapolis, (603.0 miles militarybyowner.com )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (1042.2 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: ND (9.9 miles Glenburn, ND (11.8 miles Burlington, ND Minot, (12.9 miles ND (15.0 miles Lansford, ND (18.2 miles Surrey, Deering, ND (19.1 miles) , Lacs, ND (19.6 miles Des Grano, ND (22.6 miles) .
Latitude: 48.42 N, Longitude: 101.33 W
Area code: 701
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (34.2%), Retail trade (16.1%), Public administration (12.5%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (11.2%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.1%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,093 (+14.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,835 (72.5%)
Average climate in Minot AFB, North Dakota
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Minot AFB-area historical tornado activity is below North Dakota state average. It is 64% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/5/1955, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 46.1 miles away from the Minot AFB city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 8/2/1960, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 8.3 miles away from the city center injured one person.
Hospitals/medical centers near Minot AFB:
- TRINITY ST JOSEPH'S HOSPITAL (about 16 miles; MINOT, ND)
- GARRISON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL - CAH (about 55 miles; GARRISON, ND)
- KENMARE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL - CAH (about 57 miles; KENMARE, ND)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Minot AFB:
- MINOT AFB (about 2 miles; MINOT, ND; ID: MIB)
- MINOT INTL (about 13 miles; MINOT, ND; ID: MOT)
- BISMARCK MUNI (about 121 miles; BISMARCK, ND; ID: BIS)
Other public-use airports nearest to Minot AFB:
- MOHALL MUNI (about 28 miles; MOHALL, ND; ID: HBC)
- WESTHOPE MUNI (about 39 miles; WESTHOPE, ND; ID: D64)
- TRULSON FIELD (about 52 miles; PLAZA, ND; ID: Y99)
Amtrak station near Minot AFB:
- 13 miles: MINOT (400 1ST AVE. S.W.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Minot AFB:
- MINOT STATE UNIVERSITY (about 12 miles; MINOT, ND; Full-time enrollment: 2,662)
- BISMARCK STATE COLLEGE (about 115 miles; BISMARCK, ND; FT enrollment: 2,205)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY (about 120 miles; BISMARCK, ND; FT enrollment: 2,203)
- NORTHERN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 282 miles; ABERDEEN, SD; FT enrollment: 2,356)
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA-MAIN CAMPUS (about 297 miles; GRAND FORKS, ND; FT enrollment: 9,935)
- NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 319 miles; FARGO, ND; FT enrollment: 8,836)
- BLACK HILLS STATE UNIVERSITY (about 322 miles; SPEARFISH, SD; FT enrollment: 3,190)
Public primary/middle schools in Minot AFB:
- DAKOTA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 485; Location: 101 EAGLE WAY; Grades: PK - 06)
- NORTH PLAINS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 352; Location: 101 C ST; Grades: PK - 06)
- MEMORIAL MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 157; Location: 1 ROCKET RD; Grades: 07 - 08)
Minot AFB compared to North Dakota state average:
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly above state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Minot AFB:
- KHRT (1320 AM; 10 kW; MINOT, ND; Owner: FAITH BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KCJB (910 AM; 5 kW; MINOT, ND; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KRRZ (1390 AM; 5 kW; MINOT, ND; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KXMR (710 AM; 50 kW; BISMARCK, ND; Owner: RADIO BISMARCK MANDAN, LLC)
- KBMR (1130 AM; 10 kW; BISMARCK, ND; Owner: RADIO BISMARCK MANDAN, LLC)
- KFYR (550 AM; 5 kW; BISMARCK, ND; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WWNL (1080 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: STEEL CITY RADIO, INC.)
- KBHB (810 AM; 25 kW; STURGIS, SD; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- KEYZ (660 AM; 5 kW; WILLISTON, ND; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- KTWO (1030 AM; 50 kW; CASPER, WY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KRVN (880 AM; 50 kW; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA RURAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Minot AFB:
- KIZZ (93.7 FM; MINOT, ND; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KYYX (97.1 FM; MINOT, ND; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KMPR (88.9 FM; MINOT, ND; Owner: PRAIRIE PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K220GC (91.9 FM; MINOT, ND; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KMXA-FM (99.9 FM; MINOT, ND; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KHRT-FM (106.9 FM; MINOT, ND; Owner: FAITH BROADCASTING INC)
- KZPR (105.3 FM; MINOT, ND; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Minot AFB:
- KXMC-TV (Channel 13; MINOT, ND; Owner: REITEN TELEVISION, INC.)
- KMOT (Channel 10; MINOT, ND; Owner: NORTH DAKOTA TELEVISION LICENSE SUB, L.L.C.)
- KSRE (Channel 6; MINOT, ND; Owner: PRAIRIE PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KXND (Channel 24; MINOT, ND; Owner: PRIME CITIES BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KMCY (Channel 14; MINOT, ND; Owner: KBMY-KMCY, LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.