Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 11,446. Estimated population in July 2005: 15,741 (+37.5% change)
Males: 5,572 (48.7%), Females: 5,874 (51.3%)
Median resident age: 37.6 years
Median household income: $66,747 (year 2000)
Median house value: $178,700 (year 2000)
Avon, OH residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Avon:
- White Non-Hispanic (96.1%)
- Hispanic (1.3%)
- Two or more races (0.8%)
- Black (0.7%)
- American Indian (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (35.0%), Irish (18.2%), Italian (10.8%), English (10.4%), Polish (9.7%), Hungarian (6.2%).Ohio
Elevation: 670 feet
Land area: 20.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Avon
- High school or higher: 90.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 32.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 9.7%
- Unemployed: 2.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Avon city
- Never married: 18.4%
- Now married: 66.9%
- Separated: 0.7%
- Widowed: 6.9%
- Divorced: 7.1%
3.7% Foreign born (2.5% Europe, 0.9% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +4,095 (+55.7%).
| Auction / Low Minimum Bid 44 acres 18000 SF Secluded Estate /> |
Homes - list of local foreclosures, properties & homes updated daily! />
Homes For Sale - List Of Homes For Sale -Realty New Homes, For Sale By Owner, MLS />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: OH Elyria, (7.7 miles www.HudExchange.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: OH Cleveland, (24.3 miles pop. 478,403).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (389.7 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Lake, OH (3.7 miles Avon OH (4.2 miles Sheffield, Ridgeville, OH North (4.4 miles Lake, OH (6.0 miles Sheffield OH (6.4 miles Westlake, Village, OH (6.9 miles Bay OH Elyria, (7.7 miles Olmsted, OH (7.8 miles North
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2005: 353 buildings, average cost: $258,100
Latitude: 41.45 N, Longitude: 82.02 W
Area code: 440
Avon, Ohio business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (21.0%), Manufacturing (20.7%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -559 (-4.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 845 (15.2%)
Crime in Avon (2002):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 0 rapes (0.0 per 100,000)
- 2 robberies (17.4 per 100,000)
- 4 assaults (34.7 per 100,000)
- 21 burglaries (182.4 per 100,000)
- 155 thefts (1346.1 per 100,000)
- 2 auto thefts (17.4 per 100,000) crime index = 80.6 (higher means more crime, US average = 328.4)
Average climate in Avon, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Avon-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Ohio state average. It is 1% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/11/1965, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 15.6 miles away from the Avon city center killed 18 people and injured 200 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 6/8/1953, a category 4 tornado 21.0 miles away from the city center killed 17 people and injured 379 people.
Hospitals/medical centers near Avon:
- COLUMBIA ST JOHN WEST SHORE HOSPITAL (about 7 miles; WESTLAKE, OH)
- EMH REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 9 miles; ELYRIA, OH)
- SPECIALTY HOSPITAL OF LORAIN (about 11 miles; LORAIN, OH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Avon:
- LORAIN COUNTY REGIONAL (about 13 miles; LORAIN/ELYRIA, OH; ID: LPR)
- CLEVELAND-HOPKINS INTL (about 14 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; ID: CLE)
- BURKE LAKEFRONT (about 24 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; ID: BKL)
Other public-use airports nearest to Avon:
- COLUMBIA (about 11 miles; COLUMBIA STATION, OH; ID: 4G8)
- ELYRIA (about 11 miles; ELYRIA, OH; ID: 1G1)
- HARLAN AIRFIELD (about 19 miles; LAGRANGE, OH; ID: 92D)
Amtrak station near Avon:
- 8 miles: ELYRIA (410 E. RIVER RD.). Services: partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Local government website:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Avon:
- LORAIN COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 9 miles; ELYRIA, OH; Full-time enrollment: 4,008)
- BALDWIN-WALLACE COLLEGE (about 13 miles; BEREA, OH; FT enrollment: 3,849)
- OBERLIN COLLEGE (about 18 miles; OBERLIN, OH; FT enrollment: 2,899)
- CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY (about 25 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; FT enrollment: 11,000)
- CUYAHOGA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT (about 25 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; FT enrollment: 10,927)
- CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY (about 29 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; FT enrollment: 7,729)
- JOHN CARROLL UNIVERSITY (about 33 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; FT enrollment: 3,861)
Public high school in Avon:
- AVON HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 640; Location: 37545 DETROIT RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Avon:
- HERITAGE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 592; Location: 35575 DETROIT RD; Grades: 04 - 07)
- AVON VILLAGE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 454; Location: 36600 DETROIT RD; Grades: KG - 01)
- AVON EAST ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 425; Location: 3100 NAGLE RD; Grades: 01 - 04)
- AVON MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 359; Location: 3075 STONEY RIDGE RD; Grades: 07 - 08)
Private primary/middle schools in Avon:
- HOLY TRINITY SCHOOL (Students: 265; Location: 2610 NAGEL ROAD; Grades: KG - 8)
- ST MARY IMMAC CONCEPTION SCH (Students: 197; Location: 2680 STONEY RIDGE ROAD; Grades: KG - 8)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- There is another public airfield that is approximately 17.5 miles from Avon\'s eastern border. It is the Lorain County Regional Airport, located in New Russia Township, just south of Elyria and East of Oberlin.
Notable locations in Avon: Avon Oaks Country Club (A), Interchange 151 (B), Interchange 153 (C), Hilliard Lakes Golf Club (D).
Shopping Center: Avon Plaza Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Avon include: Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church (A), Faith Lutheran Church (B), Saint Mary of the Immaculate Conception Roman Catholic Church (C).
Cemeteries: Avon Cemetery (1), Holy Trinity Catholic Cemetery (2), Elmhurst Park Cemetery (3), Saint Marys Catholic Cemetery (4).
Park in Avon: Avon Park (1).
Avon compared to Ohio state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Population density significantly below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Avon:
- WJTB (1040 AM; daytime; 5 kW; NORTH RIDGEVILLE, OH; Owner: TAYLOR BROADCASTING CO)
- WKNR (850 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHK (1220 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTAM (1100 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WWMK (1260 AM; 10 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WERE (1300 AM; 5 kW; CLEVELAND, OH)
- WJR (760 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WEOL (930 AM; 1 kW; ELYRIA, OH; Owner: ELYRIA-LORAIN BROADCASTING CO.)
- WRMR (1420 AM; 5 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CLEVELAND CLASSICAL RADIO, LLC)
- WHLO (640 AM; 5 kW; AKRON, OH; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WDFN (1130 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WFDF (910 AM; 50 kW; FLINT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WWJ (950 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Avon:
- WNWV (107.3 FM; ELYRIA, OH; Owner: ELYRIA-LORAIN BROADCASTING CO.)
- WCLV (104.9 FM; LORAIN, OH; Owner: RADIO SEAWAY, INC.)
- WQAL (104.1 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WMVX (106.5 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WMJI (105.7 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WNCX (98.5 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OF CLEVELAND INC.)
- WDOK (102.1 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WBWC (88.3 FM; BEREA, OH; Owner: BALDWIN-WALLACE COLLEGE)
- WCPN (90.3 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: IDEASTREAM)
- WGAR-FM (99.5 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WMMS (100.7 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WCRF-FM (103.3 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
- WKSU-FM (89.7 FM; KENT, OH; Owner: KENT STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WQMX (94.9 FM; MEDINA, OH; Owner: RUBBER CITY RADIO GROUP, INC)
- WZIP (88.1 FM; AKRON, OH; Owner: THE UNIVERSITY OF AKRON)
- WZAK (93.1 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WONE-FM (97.5 FM; AKRON, OH; Owner: RUBBER CITY RADIO GROUP, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Avon:
- WEWS-TV (Channel 5; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: SCRIPPS HOWARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKYC-TV (Channel 3; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: WKYC-TV, INC.)
- WOIO (Channel 19; SHAKER HEIGHTS, OH; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- WBNX-TV (Channel 55; AKRON, OH; Owner: WINSTON BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WQHS-TV (Channel 61; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: UNIVISION CLEVELAND LLC)
- WUAB (Channel 43; LORAIN, OH; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- W35AX (Channel 35; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: MEDIA-COM TELEVISION, INC.)
- WVIZ (Channel 25; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: IDEASTREAM)
- WJW (Channel 8; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: WJW LICENSE, INC.)
- WRAP-CA (Channel 32; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: COMMERCIAL BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WEAO (Channel 49; AKRON, OH; Owner: NORTHEASTERN EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION OF OHIO, INC.)
- WVPX (Channel 23; AKRON, OH; Owner: PAXSON AKRON LICENSE, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.