Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 9,015. Estimated population in July 2005: 8,235 (-8.7% change)
Males: 4,242 (47.1%), Females: 4,773 (52.9%)
Median resident age: 35.5 years
Median household income: $35,150 (year 2000)
Median house value: $88,600 (year 2000)
Cheviot, OH residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Cheviot:
- White Non-Hispanic (96.3%)
- Hispanic (1.1%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- Black (0.8%)
- American Indian (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (44.3%), Irish (15.3%), United States (9.2%), English (7.7%), Italian (5.1%), French (2.8%).Ohio
Elevation: 900 feet
Land area: 1.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Cheviot
- High school or higher: 77.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.8%
- Unemployed: 4.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 22.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Cheviot city
- Never married: 24.8%
- Now married: 50.2%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 10.7%
- Divorced: 12.3%
1.6% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -505 (-5.3%).
MLS Search - Search by Property Type, Location & More. Find a Home Now! />
Real Estate - list of local foreclosures, properties & homes updated daily! />
MLS & Real Estate - Search listings. Get a market analysis. Compare realtors. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: OH Cincinnati, (7.7 miles www.HudExchange.com )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (280.8 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Heights South, OH (1.1 miles Monfort North, OH (1.2 miles Bridgetown OH (2.4 miles Covedale, Heights East, OH (3.0 miles Monfort Oak West, OH (3.2 miles White North, OH (3.3 miles Mack Oak East, OH (3.4 miles White Oak, OH (4.0 miles White
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 0 buildings
- 1997: 0 buildings
- 1998: 0 buildings
- 1999: 0 buildings
- 2000: 0 buildings
- 2001: 0 buildings
- 2002: 0 buildings
- 2003: 0 buildings
- 2004: 0 buildings
- 2005: 0 buildings
Latitude: 39.16 N, Longitude: 84.61 W
Cheviot, Ohio business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (16.9%), Retail trade (13.2%), Construction (11.8%), Manufacturing (10.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,106 (-23.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 396 (9.1%)
Crime in Cheviot (2004):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 4 rapes (46.7 per 100,000)
- 6 robberies (70.1 per 100,000)
- 2 assaults (23.4 per 100,000)
- 14 burglaries (163.6 per 100,000)
- 148 thefts (1729.0 per 100,000)
- 11 auto thefts (128.5 per 100,000) crime index = 128.5 (higher means more crime, US average = 315.1)
Average climate in Cheviot, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Cheviot-area historical tornado activity is above Ohio state average. It is 94% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1974, a category 5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 4.5 miles away from the Cheviot city center killed 3 people and injured 210 people.
On 4/3/1974, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 9.2 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and injured 39 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Main business address for: CHEVIOT FINANCIAL CORP (NATIONAL COMMERCIAL BANKS).
Hospitals/medical centers near Cheviot:
- MERCY FRANCISCAN HOSP WESTERN HILLS (about 4 miles; CINCINNATI, OH)
- MERCY FRANCISCAN HOSPITAL - MT AIRY (about 5 miles; CINCINNATI, OH)
- UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL, INC (about 6 miles; CINCINNATI, OH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Cheviot:
- CINCINNATI/NORTHERN KENTUCKY INTERNATIONAL (about 9 miles; COVINGTON/CINCINNATI, OH, KY; ID: CVG)
- CINCINNATI MUNI AIRPORT LUNKEN FIELD (about 15 miles; CINCINNATI, OH; ID: LUK)
- JAMES M COX DAYTON INTL (about 58 miles; DAYTON, OH; ID: DAY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Cheviot:
- CINCINNATI WEST (about 13 miles; HARRISON, OH; ID: I67)
- ACTION AIRPARK (about 15 miles; HARDENSTOWN, IN; ID: I38)
- BUTLER CO RGNL (about 15 miles; HAMILTON, OH; ID: HAO)
Amtrak stations near Cheviot:
- 7 miles: CINCINNATI (1301 WESTERN AVE.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, free short-term parking, paid long-term parking, taxi stand.
- 17 miles: HAMILTON (M. L. KING BLVD AT HENRY ST.). Services: public payphones, free short-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Other Government Administration ||3 ||$9,184 ||$36,736 ||13 ||$10,818 |
|Judicial and Legal ||0 ||$0 || ||1 ||$3,635 |
|Parks and Recreation ||0 ||$0 || ||5 ||$3,199 |
|Firefighters ||7 ||$38,112 ||$65,334 ||23 ||$7,829 |
|Solid Waste Management ||5 ||$13,291 ||$31,898 ||0 ||$0 |
|Financial Administration ||3 ||$5,599 ||$22,396 ||5 ||$8,183 |
|Police - Other ||0 ||$0 || ||2 ||$912 |
|Police Protection - Officers ||10 ||$47,145 ||$56,574 ||15 ||$11,119 |
|Streets and Highways ||7 ||$19,020 ||$32,605 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||35 ||$132,351 ||$45,377 ||64 ||$45,695 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Cheviot:
- CINCINNATI STATE TECHNICAL AND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 5 miles; CINCINNATI, OH; Full-time enrollment: 3,972)
- UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI-MAIN CAMPUS (about 6 miles; CINCINNATI, OH; FT enrollment: 22,355)
- XAVIER UNIVERSITY (about 10 miles; CINCINNATI, OH; FT enrollment: 4,977)
- UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI-RAYMOND WALTERS COLLEGE (about 16 miles; BLUE ASH, OH; FT enrollment: 2,266)
- NORTHERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY (about 22 miles; HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, KY; FT enrollment: 9,668)
- MIAMI UNIVERSITY-OXFORD (about 26 miles; OXFORD, OH; FT enrollment: 15,704)
- WRIGHT STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 48 miles; DAYTON, OH; FT enrollment: 11,734)
Notable locations in Cheviot: Cheviot City Hall (A), Chevoit Branch Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County (B).
Churches in Cheviot include: Saint Martin of Tours Catholic Church (A), Cornerstone Fellowship Church (B), Westwood-Cheviot Church of Christ (C).
Cemeteries: Westwood Baptist Cemetery (1), Bethel Baptist Cemetery (2), Green Township Cemetery (3).
Park in Cheviot: Harvest Home Park (1).
Cheviot compared to Ohio state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Cheviot:
- WSAI (1530 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WNOP (740 AM; 1 kW; NEWPORT, KY; Owner: SACRED HEART RADIO, INC.)
- WCKY (1360 AM; 5 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCIN (1480 AM; 5 kW; CINCINNATI, OH)
- WKRC (550 AM; 5 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBOB (1160 AM; 5 kW; FLORENCE, KY; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCNW (1560 AM; daytime; 5 kW; FAIRFIELD, OH)
- WTSJ (1050 AM; 1 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDBZ (1230 AM; 1 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: BLUE CHIP COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WCVG (1320 AM; 1 kW; COVINGTON, KY; Owner: RICHARD L. PLESSINGER SR.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Cheviot:
- WOFX-FM (92.5 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WEBN (102.7 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WVMX (94.1 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WGRR (103.5 FM; HAMILTON, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WGUC (90.9 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: CINCINNATI CLASSICAL PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- WRRM (98.5 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: WRRM LICO, INC)
- WAKW (93.3 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: PILLAR OF FIRE)
- WUBE-FM (105.1 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WIZF (100.9 FM; ERLANGER, KY; Owner: BLUE CHIP BROADCASTING LICENSES II, LTD.)
- WKRQ (101.9 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WKFS (107.1 FM; MILFORD, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WVXU (91.7 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: XAVIER UNIVERSITY)
- WMOJ (94.9 FM; FAIRFIELD, OH; Owner: WVAE LICO, INC.)
- WAIF (88.3 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: STEPCHILD RADIO OF CINCINNATI, INC.)
- WYGY (96.5 FM; LEBANON, OH; Owner: WVAE LICO, INC.)
- WNKU (89.7 FM; HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, KY; Owner: BD. OF REGENTS ON N. KY UNIV.)
- WNLT (104.3 FM; HARRISON, OH; Owner: VERNON R. BALDWIN, INC.)
- WJYC (90.1 FM; DELHI HILLS, OH; Owner: LIFETALK RADIO, INC.)
- WMKV (89.3 FM; READING, OH; Owner: LIFESPHERE)
- WSCH (99.3 FM; AURORA, IN; Owner: COLUMBUS RADIO, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Cheviot:
- WXIX-TV (Channel 19; NEWPORT, KY; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- WLWT (Channel 5; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: OHIO/OKLAHOMA HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC)
- WSTR-TV (Channel 64; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: WSTR LICENSEE, INC.)
- WCET (Channel 48; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: THE GREATER CINCINNATI TV EDUC'L. FOUNDATION)
- WCPO-TV (Channel 9; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: SCRIPPS HOWARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKRC-TV (Channel 12; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS CO.)
- WBQC-CA (Channel 25; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: ELLIOTT B. BLOCK)
- WOTH-LP (Channel 35; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: ELLIOTT B. BLOCK)
- WPTO (Channel 14; OXFORD, OH; Owner: GREATER DAYTON PUBLIC TELEVISION, INC.)
- WKOI (Channel 43; RICHMOND, IN; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING OF INDIANA, INC.)
- WCVN-TV (Channel 54; COVINGTON, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
- WPTD (Channel 16; DAYTON, OH; Owner: GREATER DAYTON PUBLIC TV, INC.)
- WKEF (Channel 22; DAYTON, OH; Owner: WKEF LICENSEE L.P.)
- WRGT-TV (Channel 45; DAYTON, OH; Owner: WRGT LICENSEE, LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.