Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 13,347. Estimated population in July 2005: 13,194 (-1.1% change)
Males: 6,602 (49.5%), Females: 6,745 (50.5%)
Median resident age: 39.2 years
Median household income: $60,625 (year 2000)
Median house value: $128,700 (year 2000)
Clayton, OH residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Clayton:
- White Non-Hispanic (86.6%)
- Black (9.9%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- Hispanic (0.9%)
- Asian Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (32.3%), Irish (14.2%), English (9.7%), United States (8.7%), Italian (4.1%), French (4.0%).Ohio forum
Land area: 18.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Clayton
- High school or higher: 91.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 32.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 12.8%
- Unemployed: 2.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Clayton city
- Never married: 20.8%
- Now married: 65.2%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 4.6%
- Divorced: 8.6%
2.1% Foreign born (1.0% Asia, 0.6% Europe, 0.4% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: -252 (-1.9%).
MLS Search - Search by Property Type, Location & More. Find a Home Now! />
Homes - list of local foreclosures, properties & homes updated daily! />
Jacobs in Dayton OH - earning your degree in OH at Miami Jacobs Career College today! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: OH Dayton, (10.0 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: OH Cincinnati, (51.2 miles pop. 331,285).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (269.2 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: OH (1.0 miles Englewood, OH (3.4 miles Union, OH (4.2 miles Trotwood, McKinley, OH (5.6 miles Fort OH Shiloh, (6.6 miles OH (7.2 miles Phillipsburg, OH Brookville, (7.3 miles Milton, OH (7.4 miles West
Latitude: 39.85 N, Longitude: 84.31 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 937
Clayton, Ohio business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (23.5%), Manufacturing (14.8%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (11.8%), Retail trade (11.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -4,324 (-32.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 631 (9.0%)
Crime in Clayton (2000):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 0 rapes (0.0 per 100,000)
- 7 robberies (52.2 per 100,000)
- 5 assaults (37.3 per 100,000)
- 27 burglaries (201.5 per 100,000)
- 122 thefts (910.4 per 100,000)
- 9 auto thefts (67.2 per 100,000) crime index = 79.3 (higher means more crime, US average = 328.1)
Average climate in Clayton, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Clayton-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Ohio state average. It is 81% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1974, a category 5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 23.6 miles away from the Clayton city center killed 36 people and injured 1150 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 4/25/1961, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 22.3 miles away from the city center injured 7 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Clayton:
- GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL (about 7 miles; DAYTON, OH)
- GRANDVIEW HOSPITAL & MEDICAL C (about 9 miles; DAYTON, OH)
- DAYTON HEART HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; DAYTON, OH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Clayton:
- JAMES M COX DAYTON INTL (about 8 miles; DAYTON, OH; ID: DAY)
- SPRINGFIELD-BECKLEY MUNI (about 34 miles; SPRINGFIELD, OH; ID: SGH)
- AIRBORNE AIRPARK (about 48 miles; WILMINGTON, OH; ID: ILN)
Other public-use airports nearest to Clayton:
- PHILLIPSBURG (about 7 miles; PHILLIPSBURG, OH; ID: 3I7)
- DAYTON-NEW-LEBANON (about 8 miles; DAYTON, OH; ID: I44)
- BROOKVILLE AIR-PARK (about 8 miles; BROOKVILLE, OH; ID: I62)
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Police Protection - Officers ||14 ||$55,292 ||$47,393 ||8 ||$2,701 |
|Housing and Community Development(Local) ||1 ||$4,297 ||$51,564 ||1 ||$731 |
|Financial Administration ||1 ||$2,765 ||$33,180 ||1 ||$1,275 |
|Firefighters ||5 ||$18,861 ||$45,266 ||46 ||$17,411 |
|Streets and Highways ||7 ||$17,610 ||$30,188 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other Government Administration ||6 ||$25,016 ||$50,032 ||9 ||$9,657 |
|Totals for Government ||34 ||$123,842 ||$43,708 ||65 ||$31,775 |College/University in Clayton:
- MIAMI VALLEY CAREER TECHNOLOGY CENTER (Location: 6800 HOKE RD; Public; Website: WWW.MVCTC.COM)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Clayton:
- WRIGHT STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 8 miles; DAYTON, OH; Full-time enrollment: 11,734)
- SINCLAIR COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 11 miles; DAYTON, OH; FT enrollment: 10,577)
- UNIVERSITY OF DAYTON (about 12 miles; DAYTON, OH; FT enrollment: 8,819)
- WITTENBERG UNIVERSITY (about 35 miles; SPRINGFIELD, OH; FT enrollment: 2,197)
- CEDARVILLE UNIVERSITY (about 37 miles; CEDARVILLE, OH; FT enrollment: 2,782)
- MIAMI UNIVERSITY-OXFORD (about 39 miles; OXFORD, OH; FT enrollment: 15,704)
- UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI-RAYMOND WALTERS COLLEGE (about 45 miles; BLUE ASH, OH; FT enrollment: 2,266)
Public high schools in Clayton:
- NORTHMONT HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,958; Location: 4916 NATIONAL RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- MIAMI VALLEY CTC (Location: 6800 HOKE RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle school in Clayton:
- NORTHMONT MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 1,005; Location: 4810 NATIONAL RD; Grades: 07 - 08)
Private primary/middle school in Clayton:
- SALEM CHRISTIAN ACADEMY ELEM (Students: 274; Location: P O BOX 309 6500 SOUTHWAY RD; Grades: KG - 6)
Clayton compared to Ohio state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- House age below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Clayton:
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WONE (980 AM; 5 kW; DAYTON, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WING (1410 AM; 5 kW; DAYTON, OH)
- WHIO (1290 AM; 5 kW; DAYTON, OH; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WSAI (1530 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WDAO (1210 AM; daytime; 1 kW; DAYTON, OH; Owner: JOHNSON COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WOWO (1190 AM; 50 kW; FORT WAYNE, IN; Owner: PATHFINDER COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGNZ (1110 AM; daytime; 3 kW; FAIRBORN, OH; Owner: L&D BROADCASTORS INC.)
- WRFD (880 AM; daytime; 23 kW; COLUMBUS-WORTHINGTON, OH; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF OHIO, INC.)
- WKRC (550 AM; 5 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WIBC (1070 AM; 50 kW; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Clayton:
- WHKO (99.1 FM; DAYTON, OH; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WDKF (94.5 FM; ENGLEWOOD, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WGTZ (92.9 FM; EATON, OH; Owner: BLUE CHIP BROADCASTING LICENSES, LTD)
- WRNB (92.1 FM; WEST CARROLLTON, OH; Owner: RADIO ONE OF DAYTON LICENSES, LLC)
- WLQT (99.9 FM; KETTERING, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WMMX (107.7 FM; DAYTON, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WTUE (104.7 FM; DAYTON, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WXEG (103.9 FM; BEAVERCREEK, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WFCJ (93.7 FM; MIAMISBURG, OH; Owner: MIAMI VALLEY CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING ASSOCIATION)
- WDPR (88.1 FM; WEST CARROLLTON, OH; Owner: DAYTON PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- WQRP (89.5 FM; DAYTON, OH; Owner: WQRP FAMILY RADIO, INC.)
- WDPS (89.5 FM; DAYTON, OH; Owner: DAYTON CITY SCHOOLS)
- WOKL (96.9 FM; TROY, OH; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- WPFB-FM (105.9 FM; MIDDLETOWN, OH; Owner: RADIO STATIONS WPAY/WPFB, INC.)
- WMOJ (94.9 FM; FAIRFIELD, OH; Owner: WVAE LICO, INC.)
- WYGY (96.5 FM; LEBANON, OH; Owner: WVAE LICO, INC.)
- WDPT (95.7 FM; PIQUA, OH; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WWSU (106.9 FM; FAIRBORN, OH; Owner: WRIGHT STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WCWT-FM (101.5 FM; CENTERVILLE, OH; Owner: CENTERVILLE CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WGXM (98.1 FM; DAYTON, OH; Owner: NORTHRIDGE LOCAL BOARD OF EDUCATION)
TV broadcast stations around Clayton:
- WHIO-TV (Channel 7; DAYTON, OH; Owner: WHIO-TV HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WDTN (Channel 2; DAYTON, OH; Owner: WDTN BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WKEF (Channel 22; DAYTON, OH; Owner: WKEF LICENSEE L.P.)
- WRGT-TV (Channel 45; DAYTON, OH; Owner: WRGT LICENSEE, LLC)
- WPTD (Channel 16; DAYTON, OH; Owner: GREATER DAYTON PUBLIC TV, INC.)
- W61DE (Channel 61; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WRCX-LP (Channel 51; DAYTON, OH; Owner: ROSS COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WBDT (Channel 26; SPRINGFIELD, OH; Owner: ACME TV LICENSES OF OHIO, LLC)
- WKOI (Channel 43; RICHMOND, IN; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING OF INDIANA, INC.)
- WPTO (Channel 14; OXFORD, OH; Owner: GREATER DAYTON PUBLIC TELEVISION, INC.)
- WWRD-LP (Channel 55; CENTERVILLE, OH; Owner: LIFE BROADCASTING NETWORK)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.