Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,944. Estimated population in July 2005: 6,820 (-1.8% change)
Males: 3,400 (49.0%), Females: 3,544 (51.0%)
Median resident age: 35.9 years
Median household income: $35,817 (year 2000)
Median house value: $73,100 (year 2000)
Delphos, OH residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Delphos:
- White Non-Hispanic (98.1%)
- Hispanic (0.8%)
- Two or more races (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (54.6%), United States (7.4%), Irish (7.2%), English (4.9%), Italian (2.6%), Dutch (2.1%).Ohio
Elevation: 780 feet
Land area: 2.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Delphos
- High school or higher: 84.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.6%
- Unemployed: 3.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 19.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Delphos city
- Never married: 22.8%
- Now married: 59.1%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 8.7%
- Divorced: 8.3%
0.8% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -94 (-1.3%).
Lincoln Mercury - deals on all Ford, Lincoln & Mercury models. Huge inventory! />
For Sale - Chester Ohio Listings Multiple Pictures and Virtual Tours />
pages - local businesses with www.bestredyp.com />
Arlington Homes - - featured real estate listings, condos, land, and homes for sale. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Wayne, IN Fort (56.5 miles www.bestredyp.com )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (239.6 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Jennings, OH (5.1 miles Fort OH (6.0 miles Ottoville, Point, OH (7.3 miles Middle Venedocia, OH (9.0 miles) , OH (9.4 miles Spencerville, OH (10.5 miles Elida, Elgin, OH (11.8 miles) , OH Cloverdale, (12.3 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2005: 18 buildings, average cost: $165,100
Latitude: 40.84 N, Longitude: 84.34 W
Area code: 419
Delphos, Ohio business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (30.0%), Educational,health and social services (17.4%), Retail trade (12.2%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (10.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -527 (-7.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,307 (38.0%)
Average climate in Delphos, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Delphos-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Ohio state average. It is 67% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/11/1965, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 5.9 miles away from the Delphos city center killed 4 people and injured 125 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 4/11/1965, a category 4 tornado 10.1 miles away from the city center killed 13 people and injured 104 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Main business address for: COMBANC INC (STATE COMMERCIAL BANKS).
Hospitals/medical centers near Delphos:
- VAN WERT COUNTY HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; VAN WERT, OH)
- SCCI HOSPITAL LIMA (about 19 miles; LIMA, OH)
- ST RITA'S MEDICAL CENTER (about 19 miles; LIMA, OH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Delphos:
- FORT WAYNE INTERNATIONAL (about 59 miles; FORT WAYNE, IN; ID: FWA)
- TOLEDO EXPRESS (about 63 miles; TOLEDO, OH; ID: TOL)
- JAMES M COX DAYTON INTL (about 66 miles; DAYTON, OH; ID: DAY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Delphos:
- VAN WERT COUNTY (about 19 miles; VAN WERT, OH; ID: VNW)
- GRAND LAKE ST MARYS (about 24 miles; ST MARYS, OH; ID: O12)
- LIMA ALLEN COUNTY (about 25 miles; LIMA, OH; ID: AOH)
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Streets and Highways ||8 ||$23,247 ||$34,870 ||0 ||$0 |
|Police - Other ||4 ||$10,207 ||$30,621 ||0 ||$0 |
|Firefighters ||7 ||$26,674 ||$45,726 ||0 ||$0 |
|Sewerage ||5 ||$15,766 ||$37,838 ||0 ||$0 |
|Parks and Recreation ||2 ||$5,429 ||$32,574 ||0 ||$0 |
|Water Supply ||4 ||$13,167 ||$39,501 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other and Unallocable ||0 ||$0 || ||2 ||$2,508 |
|Financial Administration ||4 ||$7,638 ||$22,914 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other Government Administration ||1 ||$4,479 ||$53,748 ||14 ||$8,898 |
|Judicial and Legal ||0 ||$0 || ||1 ||$1,844 |
|Police Protection - Officers ||14 ||$44,207 ||$37,891 ||4 ||$1,207 |
|Totals for Government ||49 ||$150,813 ||$36,933 ||21 ||$14,457 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Delphos:
- OHIO NORTHERN UNIVERSITY (about 37 miles; ADA, OH; Full-time enrollment: 3,161)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF FINDLAY (about 50 miles; FINDLAY, OH; FT enrollment: 3,508)
- INDIANA UNIVERSITY-PURDUE UNIVERSITY-FORT WAYNE (about 57 miles; FT WAYNE, IN; FT enrollment: 7,385)
- BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 61 miles; BOWLING GREEN, OH; FT enrollment: 16,537)
- WITTENBERG UNIVERSITY (about 73 miles; SPRINGFIELD, OH; FT enrollment: 2,197)
- OWENS COMMUNITY COLLEGE-TOLEDO CAMPUS (about 73 miles; TOLEDO, OH; FT enrollment: 7,809)
- WRIGHT STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 76 miles; DAYTON, OH; FT enrollment: 11,734)
Public high school in Delphos:
- JEFFERSON HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 333; Location: 901 WILDCAT LN; Grades: 07 - 12)
Private high school in Delphos:
- ST JOHN HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 314; Location: 515 EAST SECOND STREET; Grades: 9 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Delphos:
- FRANKLIN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 455; Location: 424 E 4TH ST; Grades: PK - 06)
- JEFFERSON MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 236; Location: 227 N JEFFERSON ST; Grades: 06 - 08)
- LANDECK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 116; Location: 14750 LANDECK RD; Grades: 01 - 06)
Private primary/middle schools in Delphos:
- ST JOHN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 718; Location: 110 N PIERCE STREET; Grades: KG - 8)
- CHRISTIAN HERITAGE ACADEMY (Students: 12; Location: 10430 ELIDA RD BOX 443; Grades: 1 - 11)
Library in Delphos:
- DELPHOS PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $601,095; Location: 309 W. 2ND ST.; 71,626 books; 1,402 audio materials; 1,849 video materials; 289 serial subscriptions)
Notable location: Delphos Water Works (A).
Churches in Delphos include: First Assembly of God Church (A), First Christian Union Church (B), First United Presbyterian Church (C), Saint John the Evangelist Catholic Church (D), Saint Peter Evangelical Lutheran Church (E), Trinity United Methodist Church (F).
Cemeteries: Westside Cemetery (1), Saint Johns Cemetery (2).
Parks in Delphos include: Stadium Park (1), Delphos City Park (2).
Post office: (A).
Delphos compared to Ohio state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Delphos:
- WOWO (1190 AM; 50 kW; FORT WAYNE, IN; Owner: PATHFINDER COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WFDF (910 AM; 50 kW; FLINT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WJR (760 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WCHB (1200 AM; 50 kW; TAYLOR, MI; Owner: RADIO ONE OF DETROIT, LLC)
- WDFN (1130 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WWJ (950 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WIMA (1150 AM; 1 kW; LIMA, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXYT (1270 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF DETROIT)
- WSAI (1530 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRFD (880 AM; daytime; 23 kW; COLUMBUS-WORTHINGTON, OH; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF OHIO, INC.)
- WOAP (1080 AM; 50 kW; OWOSSO, MI)
Strongest FM radio stations in Delphos:
- WDOH (107.1 FM; DELPHOS, OH; Owner: VOGEL ROACH CORPORATION)
- WIMT (102.1 FM; LIMA, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBCJ (88.1 FM; SPENCERVILLE, OH; Owner: TAYLOR UNIVERSITY BROADCASTING, INC)
- WMLX (103.3 FM; ST. MARYS, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBIE (91.5 FM; DELPHOS, OH; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- WLWD (93.9 FM; COLUMBUS GROVE, OH; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WFGF (93.1 FM; LIMA, OH; Owner: FOREVER OF OHIO, LLC)
- WZRX-FM (107.5 FM; FORT SHAWNEE, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WTGN (97.7 FM; LIMA, OH; Owner: ASSOCIATED CHRISTIAN BROADCASTERS)
- WGLE (90.7 FM; LIMA, OH; Owner: PUBLIC B/C FOUNDATION OF NW OHIO)
- WKKI (94.3 FM; CELINA, OH; Owner: SONSHINE CORP.)
- WZOQ (92.1 FM; WAPAKONETA, OH; Owner: FOREVER OF OHIO, LLC)
- WUZZ-FM (104.9 FM; LIMA, OH; Owner: FOREVER BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WBUK (106.3 FM; OTTAWA, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WCSM-FM (96.7 FM; CELINA, OH; Owner: HAYCO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WYSM (89.3 FM; LIMA, OH; Owner: SIDE BY SIDE, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Delphos:
- WTLW (Channel 44; LIMA, OH; Owner: AMERICAN CHRISTIAN TELEVISION SERVICES, INC.)
- WLMO-LP (Channel 65; LIMA, OH; Owner: METRO VIDEO PRODUCTIONS, INC.)
- WOHL-CA (Channel 25; LIMA, OH; Owner: TV-67, INC.)
- W61CZ (Channel 61; LIMA, OH; Owner: YONEIDE S. DINZEY)
- WLIO (Channel 35; LIMA, OH; Owner: LIMA COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- W55CH (Channel 55; HOUGHTON LAKE, MI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WBGU-TV (Channel 27; BOWLING GREEN, OH; Owner: BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WDFM-LP (Channel 19; DEFIANCE, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.