Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 13,931. Estimated population in July 2005: 13,395 (-3.8% change)
Males: 6,612 (47.5%), Females: 7,319 (52.5%)
Median resident age: 35.6 years
Median household income: $31,166 (year 2000)
Median house value: $62,100 (year 2000)
Fostoria, OH residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Fostoria:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (83.8%)
- Hispanic (7.9%)
- Black (5.7%)
- Other race (3.6%)
- Two or more races (2.7%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
Ancestries: German (33.3%), Irish (9.7%), English (7.7%), United States (6.6%), French (2.8%), Italian (2.4%).Ohio
Elevation: 780 feet
Land area: 7.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Fostoria
- High school or higher: 77.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.5%
- Unemployed: 6.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 20.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fostoria city
- Never married: 26.4%
- Now married: 47.2%
- Separated: 2.4%
- Widowed: 10.2%
- Divorced: 13.8%
2.0% Foreign born (1.1% Asia, 0.6% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: -804 (-5.5%).
Homes For Sale - List Of Homes For Sale -Realty New Homes, For Sale By Owner, MLS />
Home Buyers - Your Ohio Home Quickly. We Buy Homes In Any Condition! />
Apartments - thousands of OH listings. Apartment Hunting Tips & Resources. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: OH Toledo, (36.7 miles FastHomeOffer.com )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (296.7 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: OH (7.4 miles Arcadia, OH (7.6 miles Risingsun, West Millgrove, OH (7.9 miles) , OH (9.7 miles Bloomdale, Riegel, OH (10.0 miles New OH (10.6 miles Wayne, OH (11.5 miles Bradner, Bairdstown, OH (13.2 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2005: 38 buildings, average cost: $76,300
Latitude: 41.16 N, Longitude: 83.42 W
Area codes: 419, 567
Fostoria, Ohio business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (39.1%), Educational,health and social services (16.3%), Retail trade (10.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +681 (+4.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,865 (45.5%)
Average climate in Fostoria, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Fostoria-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Ohio state average. It is 55% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/11/1965, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 19.3 miles away from the Fostoria city center killed 13 people and injured 104 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 5/10/1973, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 5.0 miles away from the city center killed 6 people and injured 100 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospital/medical center in Fostoria:
- FOSTORIA CITY HOSPITAL (501 VAN BUREN ST)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Fostoria:
- MERCY HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; TIFFIN, OH)
- BLANCHARD VALLEY REGIONAL HEALTH CTR (about 19 miles; FINDLAY, OH)
- WOOD COUNTY HOSPITAL (about 24 miles; BOWLING GREEN, OH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Fostoria:
- TOLEDO EXPRESS (about 40 miles; TOLEDO, OH; ID: TOL)
- MANSFIELD LAHM REGIONAL (about 68 miles; MANSFIELD, OH; ID: MFD)
- DETROIT METROPOLITAN WAYNE COUNTY (about 72 miles; DETROIT, MI; ID: DTW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Fostoria:
- FOSTORIA METROPOLITAN (about 3 miles; FOSTORIA, OH; ID: FZI)
- SENECA COUNTY (about 16 miles; TIFFIN, OH; ID: 16G)
- PRIEBE (about 19 miles; FINDLAY, OH; ID: 7D5)
FOSTORIA (500 S. MAIN ST.). Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, call for taxi service.
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Police - Other ||2 ||$6,196 ||$37,176 ||0 ||$0 |
|Firefighters ||26 ||$95,888 ||$44,256 ||0 ||$0 |
|Streets and Highways ||8 ||$28,766 ||$43,149 ||0 ||$0 |
|Sewerage ||13 ||$57,949 ||$53,491 ||0 ||$0 |
|Parks and Recreation ||4 ||$13,810 ||$41,430 ||0 ||$0 |
|Water Supply ||18 ||$57,533 ||$38,355 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other and Unallocable ||0 ||$0 || ||2 ||$997 |
|Financial Administration ||6 ||$21,366 ||$42,732 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other Government Administration ||15 ||$29,763 ||$23,810 ||0 ||$0 |
|Judicial and Legal ||6 ||$32,367 ||$64,734 ||0 ||$0 |
|Police Protection - Officers ||28 ||$101,703 ||$43,587 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||126 ||$445,340 ||$42,413 ||2 ||$997 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fostoria:
- THE UNIVERSITY OF FINDLAY (about 19 miles; FINDLAY, OH; Full-time enrollment: 3,508)
- BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 23 miles; BOWLING GREEN, OH; FT enrollment: 16,537)
- UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO (about 38 miles; TOLEDO, OH; FT enrollment: 15,999)
- OWENS COMMUNITY COLLEGE-TOLEDO CAMPUS (about 38 miles; TOLEDO, OH; FT enrollment: 7,809)
- OHIO NORTHERN UNIVERSITY (about 39 miles; ADA, OH; FT enrollment: 3,161)
- EASTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY (about 75 miles; YPSILANTI, MI; FT enrollment: 17,476)
- ASHLAND UNIVERSITY (about 79 miles; ASHLAND, OH; FT enrollment: 4,404)
Public high school in Fostoria:
- FOSTORIA HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 705; Location: 1001 PARK AVE; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Fostoria:
- ST WENDELIN HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 226; Location: 533 N COUNTYLINE ST; Grades: 9 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Fostoria:
- FOSTORIA MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 531; Location: 1202 H L FORD DR; Grades: 05 - 08)
- RILEY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 439; Location: 1324 WALNUT ST; Grades: PK - 05)
- LONGFELLOW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 376; Location: 619 SANDUSKY ST; Grades: PK - 01)
- FIELD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 288; Location: 127 W 6TH ST; Grades: 02 - 05)
- LAKOTA JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 208; Location: 8351 W COUNTY ROAD 28; Grades: 07 - 08)
Private primary/middle school in Fostoria:
- ST WENDELIN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 449; Location: PO BOX 836 300 N WOOD ST; Grades: PK - 8)
Library in Fostoria:
- KAUBISCH MEMORIAL PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $947,553; Location: 205 PERRY ST.; 75,911 books; 3,938 audio materials; 3,698 video materials; 316 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Fostoria: Fostoria Sewage Disposal Plant (A), Fostoria Country Club (B), Sportsman Park (C), Fostoria Area Historical Museum (D), Fostoria Municipal Building (E), Kaubisch Memorial Public Library (F), Glass Heritage Gallery (G).
Churches in Fostoria include: High Street United Methodist Church (A), Hope Lutheran Church (B), House of Prayer (C), Bethel Baptist Church (D), Bethel Evangelical Lutheran Church (E), Pilgrim Holiness Church (F), Faith Tabernacle Pentecostal Church of God (G), Revival Center (H).
Cemeteries: Fountain Cemetery (1), Saint Wendelin Cemetery (2).
Reservoirs: Mosier Lake (A), Mottram Lake (B), Daugherty Lake (C), Lamberjack Lake (D).
Post office: (A).
Fostoria compared to Ohio state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Fostoria:
- WFOB (1430 AM; 1 kW; FOSTORIA, OH; Owner: TCB HOLDINGS, INC./ C/O ROPPE CORPOR)
- WFDF (910 AM; 50 kW; FLINT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WJR (760 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WDFN (1130 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCHB (1200 AM; 50 kW; TAYLOR, MI; Owner: RADIO ONE OF DETROIT, LLC)
- WWJ (950 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WXYT (1270 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF DETROIT)
- WKNR (850 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSPD (1370 AM; 5 kW; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRFD (880 AM; daytime; 23 kW; COLUMBUS-WORTHINGTON, OH; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF OHIO, INC.)
- WTAM (1100 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Fostoria:
- WBVI (96.7 FM; FOSTORIA, OH; Owner: TCB HOLDINGS, INC./ C/O ROPPE CORPOR)
- WPFX-FM (107.7 FM; NORTH BALTIMORE, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WCKY-FM (103.7 FM; TIFFIN, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WGTE-FM (91.3 FM; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: THE PUBLIC B/C FOUNDATION OF NW OHIO)
- WKXA-FM (100.5 FM; FINDLAY, OH; Owner: BLANCHARD RIVER BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WJZE (97.3 FM; OAK HARBOR, OH; Owner: RASP BROADCASTING ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WRVF (101.5 FM; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WIMX (95.7 FM; GIBSONBURG, OH; Owner: RIVERSIDE BROADCASTING, INC)
- WVKS (92.5 FM; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WRQN (93.5 FM; BOWLING GREEN, OH; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WXML (90.1 FM; UPPER SANDUSKY, OH; Owner: KAYSER B/CAST MINISTRIES, INC.)
- W254CD (98.7 FM; FINDLAY, OH; Owner: ASSOCIATED CHRISTIAN B/CASTERS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Fostoria:
- WLQP-LP (Channel 18; LIMA, OH; Owner: METRO VIDEO PRODUCTIONS, INC.)
- WTOL (Channel 11; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: LIBCO, INC.)
- W09CG (Channel 9; FINDLAY, OH; Owner: NATIONAL MINORITY T.V., INC.)
- WNWO-TV (Channel 24; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- WUPW (Channel 36; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: WUPW BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WBGU-TV (Channel 27; BOWLING GREEN, OH; Owner: BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WGTE-TV (Channel 30; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: THE PUBLIC BROADCASTING FOUNDATION OF NW OHIO)
- WTVG (Channel 13; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: WTVG, INC.)
- WFND-LP (Channel 22; FINDLAY, OH; Owner: METRO VIDEO PRODUCTIONS, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.