Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,487. Estimated population in July 2005: 7,821 (+4.5% change)
Males: 3,621 (48.4%), Females: 3,866 (51.6%)
Median resident age: 32.4 years
Median household income: $46,107 (year 2000)
Median house value: $104,500 (year 2000)
Harrison, OH residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Harrison:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.8%)
- Two or more races (0.9%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
- Hispanic (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (36.3%), Irish (14.7%), United States (10.7%), English (10.6%), Scottish (2.9%), Italian (2.5%).Ohio
Elevation: 528 feet
Land area: 3.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Harrison
- High school or higher: 78.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.5%
- Unemployed: 3.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 25.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Harrison city
- Never married: 24.0%
- Now married: 57.9%
- Separated: 2.1%
- Widowed: 6.9%
- Divorced: 9.0%
0.5% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +3 (+0.0%).
Real Estate - Current Home Listings, MLS, Houses For Sale & More In MI. Free! />
county foreclosure - for Half Price. 600,000 pre- foreclosure listings. Try it Free! />
MLS Search - Search by Property Type, Location & More. Find a Home Now! />
for Homes - Real Estate Listings Search. View Properties in Arkansas. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: OH Hamilton, (19.0 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: OH Cincinnati, (22.4 miles pop. 331,285).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (266.3 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Harrison, IN (1.1 miles West IN (4.8 miles Bright, Valley, IN (6.8 miles Hidden OH (7.1 miles Grandview, OH (7.7 miles Cleves, Bend, OH (8.5 miles North IN (10.0 miles Greendale, OH (10.4 miles Addyston,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2005: 121 buildings, average cost: $143,700
Latitude: 39.26 N, Longitude: 84.80 W
Area code: 513
Harrison, Ohio business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (18.0%), Retail trade (16.7%), Manufacturing (14.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,887 (+25.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 929 (25.0%)
Crime in Harrison by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||1 ||0 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||13.4 ||0.0 ||53.4 |
|Robberies ||5 ||3 ||3 |
| per 100,000 ||66.8 ||40.1 ||40.1 |
|Assaults ||0 ||2 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||26.7 ||13.4 |
|Burglaries ||6 ||11 ||29 |
| per 100,000 ||80.1 ||146.9 ||387.3 |
|Thefts ||354 ||250 ||354 |
| per 100,000 ||4728.2 ||3339.1 ||4728.2 |
|Auto thefts ||9 ||6 ||11 |
| per 100,000 ||120.2 ||80.1 ||146.9 |
| ||229.7 ||167.6 ||264.1 |
Average climate in Harrison, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Harrison-area historical tornado activity is above Ohio state average. It is 108% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1974, a category 5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 12.3 miles away from the Harrison city center killed 3 people and injured 210 people.
On 6/2/1990, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 8.4 miles away from the city center injured 37 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Kevin McDonald - College basketball player (Morehead State Eagles), Matt Bachman - College football player (Miami (OHIO) RedHawks).
Hospitals/medical centers near Harrison:
- COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH CENTER INC (about 10 miles; LAWRENCEBURG, IN)
- DEARBORN COUNTY HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; LAWRENCEBURG, IN)
- MERCY FRANCISCAN HOSPITAL - MT AIRY (about 17 miles; CINCINNATI, OH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Harrison:
- CINCINNATI/NORTHERN KENTUCKY INTERNATIONAL (about 19 miles; COVINGTON/CINCINNATI, OH, KY; ID: CVG)
- CINCINNATI MUNI AIRPORT LUNKEN FIELD (about 29 miles; CINCINNATI, OH; ID: LUK)
- JAMES M COX DAYTON INTL (about 60 miles; DAYTON, OH; ID: DAY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Harrison:
- CINCINNATI WEST (about 3 miles; HARRISON, OH; ID: I67)
- ACTION AIRPARK (about 10 miles; HARDENSTOWN, IN; ID: I38)
- MIAMI UNIVERSITY (about 17 miles; OXFORD, OH; ID: OXD)
Amtrak station near Harrison:
- 20 miles: HAMILTON (M. L. KING BLVD AT HENRY ST.). Services: public payphones, free short-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Local government website:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Harrison:
- MIAMI UNIVERSITY-OXFORD (about 18 miles; OXFORD, OH; Full-time enrollment: 15,704)
- CINCINNATI STATE TECHNICAL AND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 20 miles; CINCINNATI, OH; FT enrollment: 3,972)
- UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI-MAIN CAMPUS (about 20 miles; CINCINNATI, OH; FT enrollment: 22,355)
- XAVIER UNIVERSITY (about 25 miles; CINCINNATI, OH; FT enrollment: 4,977)
- UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI-RAYMOND WALTERS COLLEGE (about 29 miles; BLUE ASH, OH; FT enrollment: 2,266)
- NORTHERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY (about 37 miles; HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, KY; FT enrollment: 9,668)
- WRIGHT STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 51 miles; DAYTON, OH; FT enrollment: 11,734)
Public high school in Harrison:
- WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,341; Location: 9860 WEST RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Harrison:
- HARRISON MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 680; Location: 9830 WEST RD; Grades: 07 - 08)
- HARRISON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 600; Location: 600 E BROADWAY ST; Grades: PK - 06)
- WHITEWATER VALLEY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 511; Location: 10800 CAMPBELL RD; Grades: PK - 06)
- CROSBY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 313; Location: 8382 NEW HAVEN RD; Grades: PK - 06)
Private primary/middle schools in Harrison:
- ST JOHN THE BAPTIST (Students: 451; Location: 508 PARK AVE; Grades: KG - 8)
- HARRISON CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 134; Location: 949 HARRISON AVE; Grades: PK - 6)
- CHRIST CENTERED SCHOOL (Students: 121; Location: 220 SUNSET AVENUE; Grades: PK - 8)
Notable location: Colonial Industrial Park (A).
Shopping Centers: Crossroads Plaza Shopping Center (1), Tall Oaks Shopping Center (2).
Cemetery: Harrison Park Cemetery (1).
Creek: Kolb Creek (A).
Park in Harrison: Othneil Looker Park (1).
Post office: (A).
Harrison compared to Ohio state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Harrison:
- WSAI (1530 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCKY (1360 AM; 5 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBOB (1160 AM; 5 kW; FLORENCE, KY; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKRC (550 AM; 5 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCNW (1560 AM; daytime; 5 kW; FAIRFIELD, OH)
- WCIN (1480 AM; 5 kW; CINCINNATI, OH)
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WNOP (740 AM; 1 kW; NEWPORT, KY; Owner: SACRED HEART RADIO, INC.)
- WIBC (1070 AM; 50 kW; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WOWO (1190 AM; 50 kW; FORT WAYNE, IN; Owner: PATHFINDER COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WONE (980 AM; 5 kW; DAYTON, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Harrison:
- WNLT (104.3 FM; HARRISON, OH; Owner: VERNON R. BALDWIN, INC.)
- WJYC (90.1 FM; DELHI HILLS, OH; Owner: LIFETALK RADIO, INC.)
- WGRR (103.5 FM; HAMILTON, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WMOJ (94.9 FM; FAIRFIELD, OH; Owner: WVAE LICO, INC.)
- WOFX-FM (92.5 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WEBN (102.7 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WVMX (94.1 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WRRM (98.5 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: WRRM LICO, INC)
- WGUC (90.9 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: CINCINNATI CLASSICAL PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- WUBE-FM (105.1 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WKRQ (101.9 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WKFS (107.1 FM; MILFORD, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAKW (93.3 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: PILLAR OF FIRE)
- WVXU (91.7 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: XAVIER UNIVERSITY)
- WIZF (100.9 FM; ERLANGER, KY; Owner: BLUE CHIP BROADCASTING LICENSES II, LTD.)
- WMUB (88.5 FM; OXFORD, OH; Owner: THE PRES.& TRUSTEES OF MIAMI UNIV.)
- WOXY (97.7 FM; OXFORD, OH; Owner: BALOGH BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WSCH (99.3 FM; AURORA, IN; Owner: COLUMBUS RADIO, INC.)
- WYGY (96.5 FM; LEBANON, OH; Owner: WVAE LICO, INC.)
- WHSS (89.5 FM; HAMILTON, OH; Owner: HAMILTON SCHOOL DISTRICT)
TV broadcast stations around Harrison:
- WPTO (Channel 14; OXFORD, OH; Owner: GREATER DAYTON PUBLIC TELEVISION, INC.)
- WLWT (Channel 5; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: OHIO/OKLAHOMA HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC)
- WXIX-TV (Channel 19; NEWPORT, KY; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- WCPO-TV (Channel 9; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: SCRIPPS HOWARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKOI (Channel 43; RICHMOND, IN; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING OF INDIANA, INC.)
- WSTR-TV (Channel 64; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: WSTR LICENSEE, INC.)
- WCET (Channel 48; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: THE GREATER CINCINNATI TV EDUC'L. FOUNDATION)
- WKRC-TV (Channel 12; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS CO.)
- WBQC-CA (Channel 25; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: ELLIOTT B. BLOCK)
- WOTH-LP (Channel 35; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: ELLIOTT B. BLOCK)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.