Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 17,503. Estimated population in July 2005: 17,789 (+1.6% change)
Males: 8,616 (49.2%), Females: 8,887 (50.8%)
Median resident age: 30.5 years
Median household income: $34,842 (year 2000)
Median house value: $91,500 (year 2000)
Painesville, OH residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Painesville:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (71.4%)
- Black (12.9%)
- Hispanic (12.9%)
- Other race (6.5%)
- Two or more races (2.9%)
- American Indian (0.9%)
Ancestries: German (18.6%), Irish (13.7%), English (10.5%), Italian (9.3%), Hungarian (4.5%), United States (4.4%).Ohio
Elevation: 677 feet
Land area: 6.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Painesville
- High school or higher: 74.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.3%
- Unemployed: 6.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Painesville city
- Never married: 29.7%
- Now married: 48.6%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 7.3%
- Divorced: 12.5%
10.1% Foreign born (9.2% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +1,840 (+11.7%).
| Auction / Low Minimum Bid 44 acres 18000 SF Secluded Estate /> |
County MT New Homes - just listed Homes, Townhomes, Condos and Real Estate for Sale. />
County Real Estate - condos & lots for sale. Local community & school info. />
the Entire MLS - Homes in IL, Addresses, Photos, Free Home Value OnLine />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: OH Mentor, (6.7 miles pop. 50,278).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: OH Cleveland, (33.3 miles pop. 478,403).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (436.1 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: River, OH (2.4 miles Grand Harbor, OH Fairport (2.5 miles OH Mentor, (6.7 miles Hills, OH (7.3 miles Kirtland OH Mentor-on-the-Lake, (7.9 miles OH (8.0 miles Perry, Perry, OH (10.3 miles North OH Chardon, (10.4 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 17 buildings, average cost: $67,600
- 1997: 14 buildings, average cost: $61,600
- 1998: 17 buildings, average cost: $72,900
- 1999: 12 buildings, average cost: $84,300
- 2000: 11 buildings, average cost: $81,400
- 2001: 12 buildings, average cost: $86,800
- 2002: 20 buildings, average cost: $90,500
- 2003: 37 buildings, average cost: $104,000
- 2005: 111 buildings, average cost: $121,800
Latitude: 41.72 N, Longitude: 81.25 W
Area code: 440
Painesville, Ohio business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (25.4%), Educational,health and social services (15.7%), Retail trade (12.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,077 (+6.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,717 (21.6%)
Average climate in Painesville, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Painesville-area historical tornado activity is below Ohio state average. It is 17% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/31/1985, a category 5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 36.8 miles away from the Painesville city center killed 18 people and injured 310 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 6/8/1953, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 35.8 miles away from the city center killed 17 people and injured 379 people.
Birthplace of: Jason Short - 2005 NFL player (Philadelphia Eagles, born: Jul 15, 1978), Chris Jacquemain - College football player (Akron Zips), Mark Kent - College basketball player (Valparaiso Crusaders).
Hospital/medical center in Painesville:
- LAKE HOSPITAL SYSTEM INC (10 EAST WASHINGTON ST)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Painesville:
- REHABILITATION HOSPITAL AT HEATHER HIL (about 11 miles; CHARDON, OH)
- UNIV HOSP HLTH SYSTEM GEAUGA REG HOSP (about 11 miles; CHARDON, OH)
- LAURELWOOD HOSPITAL (about 13 miles; WILLOUGHBY, OH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Painesville:
- CUYAHOGA COUNTY (about 21 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; ID: CGF)
- BURKE LAKEFRONT (about 34 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; ID: BKL)
- CLEVELAND-HOPKINS INTL (about 47 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; ID: CLE)
Other public-use airports nearest to Painesville:
- CONCORD AIRPARK (about 6 miles; PAINESVILLE, OH; ID: 2G1)
- WILLOUGHBY LOST NATION MUNI (about 10 miles; WILLOUGHBY, OH; ID: LNN)
- GEAUGA COUNTY (about 25 miles; MIDDLEFIELD, OH; ID: 7G8)
Local government website:
College/University in Painesville:
- LAKE ERIE COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 578; Location: 391 W WASHINGTON ST; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.lec.edu; Offers Master's degree)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Painesville:
- LAKELAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 13 miles; KIRTLAND, OH; Full-time enrollment: 4,119)
- JOHN CARROLL UNIVERSITY (about 27 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; FT enrollment: 3,861)
- CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY (about 29 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; FT enrollment: 7,729)
- CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY (about 34 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; FT enrollment: 11,000)
- CUYAHOGA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT (about 34 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; FT enrollment: 10,927)
- KENT STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 39 miles; KENT, OH; FT enrollment: 18,677)
- UNIVERSITY OF AKRON MAIN CAMPUS (about 48 miles; AKRON, OH; FT enrollment: 16,801)
Public high schools in Painesville:
- RIVERSIDE JR/SR HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,767; Location: 585 RIVERSIDE DR; Grades: 08 - 12)
- HARVEY HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 639; Location: 167 W WASHINGTON ST; Grades: 09 - 12)
- AUBURN VOCATIONAL (Location: 8140 AUBURN RD; Grades: 10 - 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Painesville:
- HENRY F LAMUTH MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 717; Location: 6700 AUBURN RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- RUSSELL F HOBART MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 595; Location: 200 W WALNUT AVE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- MADISON AVENUE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 392; Location: 845 MADISON AVE; Grades: PK - 05)
- CEDARBROOK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 382; Location: 350 CEDARBROOK DR; Grades: KG - 05)
- HALE ROAD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 380; Location: 56 HALE RD; Grades: KG - 05)
- MELRIDGE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 330; Location: 6689 MELRIDGE DR; Grades: KG - 05)
- LEROY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 305; Location: 13613 PAINESVILLE WARREN RD; Grades: KG - 05)
- BUCKEYE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 299; Location: 175 BUCKEYE RD; Grades: KG - 05)
- CLYDE C HADDEN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 298; Location: 1800 MENTOR AVE; Grades: KG - 05)
- LATHROP ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 298; Location: 61 ROOSEVELT DR; Grades: KG - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Painesville:
- PHILLIPS OSBORNE SCHOOL (Students: 316; Location: 150 GILLETTE STREET; Grades: PK - 8)
- ST MARY SCHOOL (Students: 289; Location: 268 NORTH STATE STREET; Grades: KG - 8)
- OUR SHEPHERD LUTHERAN SCHOOL (Students: 210; Location: 508 MENTOR AVE; Grades: KG - 8)
- PAINESVILLE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 127; Location: 6235 CHESTNUT STREET; Grades: KG - 7)
Library in Painesville:
- MORLEY LIBRARY (Operating income: $2,919,904; Location: 184 PHELPS ST.; 161,593 books; 9,932 audio materials; 9,577 video materials; 193 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Painesville: Inner Crib Light (A), Casement Golf Club (B), Painesville Industrial Park (C), South Hall (D), Bentley Building (E), Lincoln Commons (F), Fire Station Number 1 (G), Saint Johns Home (H), Ritter Hall (I), Avery Hall (J), Garfield Center (K), Painesville City Hall (L), Helen Rockwell Morley Memorial Music Hall (M), Lake County Courthouse (N), Lake County Jail (O), College Hall (P), Murray Library (Q).
Shopping Center: New Market Mall Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Painesville include: Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses (A), Mount Olive Baptist Church (B), Painesville United Methodist Church (C), First Baptist Church (D), First Church of Christ Scientist (E), First Congregational Church (F), Saint James Church (G), Calvary Baptist Church (H).
Cemeteries: Evergreen Cemetery (1), Riverside Cemetery (2).
Creek: Red Creek (A).
Park in Painesville: Victoria Place Park (1).
Post office: (A).
Painesville compared to Ohio state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Painesville:
- WBKC (1460 AM; 1 kW; PAINESVILLE, OH)
- WKNR (850 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTAM (1100 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHK (1220 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WATJ (1560 AM; daytime; 1 kW; CHARDON, OH)
- WWMK (1260 AM; 10 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WFUN (970 AM; 5 kW; ASHTABULA, OH; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WWVA (1170 AM; 53 kW; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KDKA (1020 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WJR (760 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WHBC (1480 AM; 15 kW; CANTON, OH; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WHLO (640 AM; 5 kW; AKRON, OH; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCUE (1150 AM; 5 kW; CUYAHOGA FALLS, OH; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Painesville:
- WENZ (107.9 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WKKY (104.7 FM; GENEVA, OH; Owner: MUSIC X-PRESS B/CNG CORP. OF NE OHIO)
- WKSV (89.1 FM; THOMPSON, OH; Owner: KENT STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WMJI (105.7 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WFHM-FM (95.5 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: SCA LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WQAL (104.1 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WDOK (102.1 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WMVX (106.5 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTM (92.3 FM; CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WKHR (91.5 FM; BAINBRIDGE, OH; Owner: KENSTON LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- WNCX (98.5 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OF CLEVELAND INC.)
- WCVJ (90.9 FM; JEFFERSON, OH; Owner: AGAPE SCHOOL, INC.)
- WJCU (88.7 FM; UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS, OH; Owner: JOHN CARROLL UNIVERSITY)
TV broadcast stations around Painesville:
- WXOX-LP (Channel 65; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: VENTURE TECHNOLOGIES GROUP, LLC)
- W53AX (Channel 53; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- W51BI (Channel 51; KIRTLAND, OH; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WKYC-TV (Channel 3; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: WKYC-TV, INC.)
- WOIO (Channel 19; SHAKER HEIGHTS, OH; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- WBNX-TV (Channel 55; AKRON, OH; Owner: WINSTON BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- W35AX (Channel 35; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: MEDIA-COM TELEVISION, INC.)
- WQHS-TV (Channel 61; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: UNIVISION CLEVELAND LLC)
- WRAP-CA (Channel 32; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: COMMERCIAL BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WUAB (Channel 43; LORAIN, OH; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- WJW (Channel 8; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: WJW LICENSE, INC.)
- W63CT (Channel 63; EASTLAKE, ETC., OH; Owner: IDEASTREAM)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.