Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 10,249. Estimated population in July 2005: 12,624 (+23.2% change)
Males: 5,013 (48.9%), Females: 5,236 (51.1%)
Median resident age: 34.3 years
Median household income: $51,684 (year 2000)
Median house value: $132,500 (year 2000)
Pataskala, OH residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Pataskala:
- White Non-Hispanic (94.1%)
- Black (3.0%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- Hispanic (1.0%)
- American Indian (0.8%)
- Other race (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (26.4%), Irish (16.9%), English (12.2%), United States (9.9%), Italian (4.7%), French (3.3%).Ohio
Elevation: 1005 feet
Land area: 28.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Pataskala
- High school or higher: 86.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.0%
- Unemployed: 3.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 25.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Pataskala city
- Never married: 19.9%
- Now married: 61.5%
- Separated: 1.4%
- Widowed: 5.1%
- Divorced: 12.1%
1.2% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +2,770 (+37.0%).
For Real Estate? - Local Experts Focusing On Warren County Ohio Area Can Help! />
Real Estate - Home Listings, View Open Houses & More. Search for Free Now! />
homes in Ohio - free sales help for $995 You'll save thousands with NextHome />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: OH Columbus, (20.2 miles pop. 711,470).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (365.3 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Trails, OH (3.7 miles Beechwood OH (7.5 miles Kirkersville, OH (7.6 miles Reynoldsburg, Alexandria, OH (8.6 miles) , OH (8.6 miles Pickerington, Albany, OH (10.1 miles New OH (10.5 miles Johnstown, Brice, OH (10.8 miles) .
Latitude: 40.00 N, Longitude: 82.70 W
Area code: 740
Pataskala, Ohio business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (14.5%), Retail trade (14.0%), Manufacturing (13.1%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,319 (-22.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 632 (11.9%)
Crime in Pataskala (2003):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 2 rapes (18.9 per 100,000)
- 4 robberies (37.9 per 100,000)
- 5 assaults (47.3 per 100,000)
- 71 burglaries (671.8 per 100,000)
- 181 thefts (1712.7 per 100,000)
- 11 auto thefts (104.1 per 100,000) crime index = 157.0 (higher means more crime, US average = 321.8)
Average climate in Pataskala, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Pataskala-area historical tornado activity is near Ohio state average. It is 25% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 2/22/1971, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 9.4 miles away from the Pataskala city center injured 7 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 5/31/1985, a category 3 tornado 12.0 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 20 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Pataskala:
- PARKSIDE BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE INC (about 13 miles; COLUMBUS, OH)
- ST ANNS HOSPITAL OF COLUMBUS (about 17 miles; WESTERVILLE, OH)
- BARIATRIC CARE CENTER OF OHIO (about 17 miles; GROVEPORT, OH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Pataskala:
- PORT COLUMBUS INTL (about 13 miles; COLUMBUS, OH; ID: CMH)
- RICKENBACKER INTERNATIONAL (about 21 miles; COLUMBUS, OH; ID: LCK)
- OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY (about 26 miles; COLUMBUS, OH; ID: OSU)
Other public-use airports nearest to Pataskala:
- MILLER FARM LANDING STRIP (about 12 miles; BALTIMORE, OH; ID: 7B4)
- NEWARK-HEATH (about 18 miles; NEWARK, OH; ID: VTA)
- FAIRFIELD COUNTY (about 18 miles; LANCASTER, OH; ID: LHQ)
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Judicial and Legal ||2 ||$4,441 ||$26,646 ||0 ||$0 |
|Police Protection - Officers ||17 ||$51,318 ||$36,224 ||0 ||$0 |
|Financial Administration ||1 ||$3,708 ||$44,496 ||0 ||$0 |
|Police - Other ||0 ||$0 || ||1 ||$859 |
|Streets and Highways ||7 ||$20,360 ||$34,902 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other Government Administration ||13 ||$22,667 ||$20,923 ||0 ||$0 |
|Sewerage ||4 ||$11,004 ||$33,012 ||0 ||$0 |
|Parks and Recreation ||0 ||$0 || ||1 ||$443 |
|Water Supply ||4 ||$11,004 ||$33,012 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||48 ||$124,502 ||$31,125 ||2 ||$1,302 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Pataskala:
- DENISON UNIVERSITY (about 14 miles; GRANVILLE, OH; Full-time enrollment: 2,101)
- CAPITAL UNIVERSITY (about 17 miles; COLUMBUS, OH; FT enrollment: 3,187)
- DEVRY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 17 miles; COLUMBUS, OH; FT enrollment: 2,999)
- OTTERBEIN COLLEGE (about 17 miles; WESTERVILLE, OH; FT enrollment: 2,226)
- COLUMBUS STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 22 miles; COLUMBUS, OH; FT enrollment: 10,583)
- FRANKLIN UNIVERSITY (about 22 miles; COLUMBUS, OH; FT enrollment: 3,048)
- OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 23 miles; COLUMBUS, OH; FT enrollment: 42,666)
Public high schools in Pataskala:
- WATKINS MEMORIAL HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,037; Location: 8868 WATKINS RD SW; Grades: 09 - 12)
- LICKING HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 805; Location: 4000 MINK ST SW; Grades: 07 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Pataskala:
- WATKINS MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 879; Location: 8808 WATKINS RD SW; Grades: 06 - 08)
- PATASKALA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 470; Location: 395 S HIGH ST; Grades: 01 - 05)
Library in Pataskala:
- PATASKALA PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $693,122; Location: 101 S. VINE ST.; 70,608 books; 4,149 audio materials; 4,168 video materials; 57 serial subscriptions)
Notable location: Pataskala Town Hall (A).
Churches in Pataskala include: Bethel Baptist Church (A), Pataskala United Methodist Church (B), First United Presbyterian Church of Pataskala (C), Summit Station Freewill Baptist Church (D).
Cemeteries: Wickliff Cemetery (1), Swisher Cemetery (2), Moreland Cemetery (3), Pataskala Cemetery (4).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Muddy Fork (A), Mile Run (B).
Post offices: Summit Station Post Office (A), Pataskala Post Office (B).
Pataskala compared to Ohio state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Population density significantly below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Pataskala:
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WRFD (880 AM; daytime; 23 kW; COLUMBUS-WORTHINGTON, OH; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF OHIO, INC.)
- WBNS (1460 AM; 5 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: RADIOHIO, INCORPORATED)
- WOSU (820 AM; 5 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WHTH (790 AM; 1 kW; HEATH, OH; Owner: RUNNYMEDE, INC.)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WKNR (850 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTAM (1100 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHK (1220 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WWVA (1170 AM; 53 kW; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WJR (760 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WDLR (1550 AM; 4 kW; DELAWARE, OH; Owner: THE FIFTEEN FIFTY CORPORATION)
- WFDF (910 AM; 50 kW; FLINT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Pataskala:
- WCVO (104.9 FM; GAHANNA, OH; Owner: CHRISTIAN VOICE OF CENTRAL OHIO)
- W201AK (88.1 FM; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: THE CEDARVILLE UNIVERSITY)
- WOSU-FM (89.7 FM; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WNKO (101.7 FM; NEWARK, OH; Owner: RUNNYMEDE, INC.)
- WHOK-FM (95.5 FM; LANCASTER, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- WBZX (99.7 FM; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC)
- WUFM (88.7 FM; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: SPIRIT COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WBNS-FM (97.1 FM; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: RADIO OHIO, INC.)
- WCOL-FM (92.3 FM; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WXMG (98.9 FM; UPPER ARLINGTON, OH; Owner: BLUE CHIP BROADCASTING LICENSES, LTD)
- WLVQ (96.3 FM; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WSMZ (103.1 FM; JOHNSTOWN, OH; Owner: STOP 26- RIVERBEND, INC.)
- WSNY (94.7 FM; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: FRANKLIN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WNCI (97.9 FM; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WCBE (90.5 FM; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: BD.OF EDUC.,CITY SCH.DIST.,COLUMBUS)
- WFCB (93.3 FM; CHILLICOTHE, OH; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WFJX (105.7 FM; HILLIARD, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WJZA (103.5 FM; LANCASTER, OH; Owner: SKYWAY BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WCKX (107.5 FM; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: BLUE CHIP BROADCASTING LICENSES, LTD)
- WRVT (88.7 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
TV broadcast stations around Pataskala:
- WOSU-TV (Channel 34; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WSYX (Channel 6; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: WSYX LICENSEE, INC.)
- WBNS-TV (Channel 10; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: WBNS-TV, INC.)
- WTTE (Channel 28; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: COLUMBUS (WTTE-TV) LICENSEE, INC.)
- WCMH-TV (Channel 4; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: OUTLET BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WINJ-LP (Channel 8; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: THE NEW LIFE FELLOWSHIP OF CHURCHES)
- WCLL-LP (Channel 19; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: JONATHAN W. OWENS)
- WDEM-LP (Channel 17; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: TRIPLETT & ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WWHO (Channel 53; CHILLICOTHE, OH; Owner: UPN STATIONS GROUP INC.)
- WMFD-TV (Channel 68; MANSFIELD, OH; Owner: MID-STATE TELEVISION,INC.)
- WCPX-LP (Channel 48; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- W23BZ (Channel 23; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: NATIONAL MINORITY T.V., INC.)
- W43BZ (Channel 43; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- WSFJ-TV (Channel 51; NEWARK, OH; Owner: GUARDIAN VISION INTERNATIONAL, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.