Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,406. Estimated population in July 2005: 6,387 (-0.3% change)
Males: 3,075 (48.0%), Females: 3,331 (52.0%)
Median resident age: 36.9 years
Median household income: $43,776 (year 2000)
Median house value: $113,100 (year 2000)
Rossford, OH residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Rossford:
- White Non-Hispanic (95.3%)
- Hispanic (1.7%)
- Black (1.3%)
- Two or more races (0.9%)
Ancestries: German (34.9%), Polish (19.3%), Irish (11.7%), English (8.5%), Slovak (6.6%), French (5.5%).Ohio
Elevation: 620 feet
Land area: 4.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Rossford
- High school or higher: 89.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 21.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.0%
- Unemployed: 2.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 20.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Rossford city
- Never married: 24.7%
- Now married: 56.3%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 8.8%
- Divorced: 8.9%
3.3% Foreign born (2.5% Europe, 0.6% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +364 (+6.0%).
Foreclosures - Foreclosures low as $10k Search Free Today! />
Premier Hotel - Lodging Rooms Weddings Banquet Facility Groups Meetings />
OH Real Estate - properties and homes Meet Dianna Hosta, search MLS />
Ohio Real Estate - access to local home listings in Maumee, Ohio. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: OH Toledo, (5.0 miles pop. 313,619).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (283.0 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: OH (4.9 miles Northwood, OH Toledo, (5.0 miles OH Perrysburg, (5.2 miles OH (5.4 miles Walbridge, OH Maumee, (6.0 miles Hills, OH Ottawa (7.2 miles OH Oregon, (8.3 miles OH (9.9 miles Holland,
Latitude: 41.59 N, Longitude: 83.57 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 419
Rossford, Ohio business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (22.3%), Educational,health and social services (21.1%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,553 (-24.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 496 (15.0%)
Crime in Rossford by Year
|Type ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||1 ||1 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||15.6 ||15.6 ||31.2 |
|Robberies ||3 ||5 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||46.8 ||78.1 ||15.6 |
|Assaults ||2 ||2 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||31.2 ||31.2 ||62.4 |
|Burglaries ||41 ||34 ||32 |
| per 100,000 ||640.0 ||530.8 ||499.5 |
|Thefts ||207 ||227 ||204 |
| per 100,000 ||3231.3 ||3543.6 ||3184.5 |
|Auto thefts ||12 ||6 ||20 |
| per 100,000 ||187.3 ||93.7 ||312.2 |
| ||215.6 ||222.3 ||217.0 |
Average climate in Rossford, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Rossford-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Ohio state average. It is 67% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/11/1965, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 5.7 miles away from the Rossford city center killed 18 people and injured 236 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 6/8/1953, a category 4 tornado 12.9 miles away from the city center killed 4 people and injured 18 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Rossford:
- NORTHCOAST BEHAVIORAL HC-TOL (about 5 miles; TOLEDO, OH)
- RIVERSIDE MERCY HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; TOLEDO, OH)
- TOLEDO HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; TOLEDO, OH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Rossford:
- TOLEDO EXPRESS (about 17 miles; TOLEDO, OH; ID: TOL)
- WILLOW RUN (about 45 miles; DETROIT, MI; ID: YIP)
- DETROIT METROPOLITAN WAYNE COUNTY (about 45 miles; DETROIT, MI; ID: DTW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Rossford:
- SEAGATE HELISTOP (about 6 miles; TOLEDO, OH; ID: 6T2)
- METCALF FIELD (about 8 miles; TOLEDO, OH; ID: TDZ)
- TOLEDO SUBURBAN (about 12 miles; LAMBERTVILLE, MI; ID: DUH)
Amtrak station near Rossford:
- 4 miles: TOLEDO (415 EMERALD AVE.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Rossford:
- UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO (about 6 miles; TOLEDO, OH; Full-time enrollment: 15,999)
- OWENS COMMUNITY COLLEGE-TOLEDO CAMPUS (about 8 miles; TOLEDO, OH; FT enrollment: 7,809)
- BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 15 miles; BOWLING GREEN, OH; FT enrollment: 16,537)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF FINDLAY (about 39 miles; FINDLAY, OH; FT enrollment: 3,508)
- EASTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY (about 44 miles; YPSILANTI, MI; FT enrollment: 17,476)
- WASHTENAW COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 49 miles; ANN ARBOR, MI; FT enrollment: 5,436)
- UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN-ANN ARBOR (about 50 miles; ANN ARBOR, MI; FT enrollment: 35,684)
Public high school in Rossford:
- ROSSFORD HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 640; Location: 701 SUPERIOR ST; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Rossford:
- EAGLE POINT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 319; Location: 203 EAGLE POINT RD; Grades: KG - 06)
- ROSSFORD JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 314; Location: 651 SUPERIOR ST; Grades: 07 - 08)
- INDIAN HILLS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 282; Location: 401 GLENWOOD RD; Grades: PK - 06)
Private primary/middle school in Rossford:
- ALL SAINTS SCHOOL (Students: 286; Location: 630 LIME CITY RD; Grades: PK - 8)
Library in Rossford:
- ROSSFORD PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $740,795; Location: 720 DIXIE HIGHWAY; 65,531 books; 2,722 audio materials; 5,494 video materials; 177 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Rossford: Harris Yard (A), Rossford Public Library (B).
Churches in Rossford include: All Saints Catholic Church (A), Allen Chapel Church (B), Rossford First Baptist Church (C), Rossford United Methodist Church (D), Saint Michaels Ukrainian Church (E).
Cemetery: Eagle Point Cemetery (1).
Parks in Rossford include: Island View Park (1), Beech Street Park (2), Eagle Point Colony Historic District (3), Veterans Memorial Park (4).
Post office: (A).
Rossford compared to Ohio state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Rossford:
- WSPD (1370 AM; 5 kW; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WTOD (1560 AM; daytime; 5 kW; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WCWA (1230 AM; 1 kW; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WJYM (730 AM; 1 kW; BOWLING GREEN, OH; Owner: FAMILY WORSHIP CENTER CHURCH, INC.)
- WFDF (910 AM; 50 kW; FLINT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WJR (760 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WCHB (1200 AM; 50 kW; TAYLOR, MI; Owner: RADIO ONE OF DETROIT, LLC)
- WDFN (1130 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WLQR (1470 AM; 1 kW; TOLEDO, OH)
- WWJ (950 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WXYT (1270 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF DETROIT)
- WDMN (1520 AM; 1 kW; TOLEDO, OH)
- WTKA (1050 AM; 10 kW; ANN ARBOR, MI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Rossford:
- WVKS (92.5 FM; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WOTL (90.3 FM; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WWWM-FM (105.5 FM; SYLVANIA, OH; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WGTE-FM (91.3 FM; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: THE PUBLIC B/C FOUNDATION OF NW OHIO)
- WRVF (101.5 FM; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WKKO (99.9 FM; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WIOT (104.7 FM; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRQN (93.5 FM; BOWLING GREEN, OH; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WYSZ (89.3 FM; MAUMEE, OH; Owner: SIDE BY SIDE, INC.)
- WPOS-FM (102.3 FM; HOLLAND, OH; Owner: THE MAUMEE VALLEY BROADCASTING ASSN.)
- WXTS-FM (88.3 FM; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: BD OF ED TOLEDO CITY SCHOOL DIST)
- W264AK (100.7 FM; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- WTWR-FM (98.3 FM; LUNA PIER, MI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WIMX (95.7 FM; GIBSONBURG, OH; Owner: RIVERSIDE BROADCASTING, INC)
- WJZE (97.3 FM; OAK HARBOR, OH; Owner: RASP BROADCASTING ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WXQQ (96.9 FM; WAUSEON, OH; Owner: CORNERSTONE CHURCH, INC.)
- WRWK (106.5 FM; DELTA, OH; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WJUC (107.3 FM; SWANTON, OH; Owner: WELCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBGU (88.1 FM; BOWLING GREEN, OH; Owner: BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WXUT (88.3 FM; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO)
TV broadcast stations around Rossford:
- W59DC (Channel 59; HOUGHTON LAKE, MI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WUPW (Channel 36; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: WUPW BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WBTL-LP (Channel 34; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: VENTURE TECHNOLOGIES GROUP, LLC)
- W64BM (Channel 64; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- WNGT-LP (Channel 48; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: L & M VIDEO PRODUCTIONS, INC.)
- WTOL (Channel 11; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: LIBCO, INC.)
- WGTE-TV (Channel 30; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: THE PUBLIC BROADCASTING FOUNDATION OF NW OHIO)
- WNWO-TV (Channel 24; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- WTVG (Channel 13; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: WTVG, INC.)
- W22CO (Channel 22; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: NATIONAL MINORITY T.V., INC.)
- WBGU-TV (Channel 27; BOWLING GREEN, OH; Owner: BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WLMB (Channel 40; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: DOMINION BROADCASTING, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.