Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,599
Males: 3,559 (53.9%), Females: 3,040 (46.1%)
Median resident age: 44.7 years
Median household income: $51,217 (year 2000)
Median house value: $115,700 (year 2000)
Sandusky South, OH residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Sandusky South:
- White Non-Hispanic (87.3%)
- Black (9.5%)
- Two or more races (1.4%)
- Hispanic (1.2%)
- American Indian (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (39.3%), Irish (12.2%), English (10.4%), Italian (7.1%), Polish (5.0%), United States (5.0%).South, Ohio forum
Land area: 4.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Sandusky South
- High school or higher: 79.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.5%
- Unemployed: 2.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 14.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Sandusky South CDP
- Never married: 20.0%
- Now married: 58.7%
- Separated: 2.1%
- Widowed: 9.3%
- Divorced: 10.0%
1.9% Foreign born
Foreclosures - Foreclosures low as $10k Search Free Today! />
OH Real Estate - properties and homes Meet Dianna Hosta, search MLS />
New Home Search - guide to new homes & home builders. 1% buyer rebate program. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: OH Lorain, (35.7 miles pop. 68,652).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: OH Toledo, (63.3 miles pop. 313,619).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (344.2 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Lanes, OH (2.3 miles Fairview OH Sandusky, (2.4 miles OH (8.3 miles Castalia, OH Marblehead, (8.5 miles OH Huron, (8.5 miles View, OH (10.0 miles Bay OH Milan, (10.5 miles OH Monroeville, (12.1 miles
Latitude: 41.42 N, Longitude: 82.69 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (29.6%), Manufacturing (23.3%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (11.9%), Retail trade (10.3%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +291 (+4.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 383 (14.8%)
Average climate in Sandusky South, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Sandusky South-area historical tornado activity is near Ohio state average. It is 27% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/11/1965, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 32.8 miles away from the Sandusky South city center killed 18 people and injured 200 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 11/10/2002, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 19.6 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 2 people and caused $13 million in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Sandusky South:
- FIRELANDS REG MED CTR-MAIN CAMPUS (about 2 miles; SANDUSKY, OH)
- FIRELANDS REG MED CTR-SOUTH CAMPUS (about 2 miles; SANDUSKY, OH)
- FISHER TITUS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; NORWALK, OH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Sandusky South:
- LORAIN COUNTY REGIONAL (about 37 miles; LORAIN/ELYRIA, OH; ID: LPR)
- MANSFIELD LAHM REGIONAL (about 44 miles; MANSFIELD, OH; ID: MFD)
- CLEVELAND-HOPKINS INTL (about 60 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; ID: CLE)
Other public-use airports nearest to Sandusky South:
- GRIFFING SANDUSKY (about 3 miles; SANDUSKY, OH; ID: SKY)
- HINDE (about 7 miles; HURON, OH; ID: 88D)
- KELLEYS ISLAND LAND FLD (about 13 miles; KELLEYS ISLAND, OH; ID: 89D)
Amtrak station near Sandusky South:
- 3 miles: SANDUSKY (DEPOT ST. & HAYES AVE.). Services: public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, taxi stand.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Sandusky South:
- OBERLIN COLLEGE (about 34 miles; OBERLIN, OH; Full-time enrollment: 2,899)
- LORAIN COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 41 miles; ELYRIA, OH; FT enrollment: 4,008)
- ASHLAND UNIVERSITY (about 46 miles; ASHLAND, OH; FT enrollment: 4,404)
- BALDWIN-WALLACE COLLEGE (about 58 miles; BEREA, OH; FT enrollment: 3,849)
- UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO (about 66 miles; TOLEDO, OH; FT enrollment: 15,999)
- BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 67 miles; BOWLING GREEN, OH; FT enrollment: 16,537)
- WAYNE COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT (about 68 miles; DETROIT, MI; FT enrollment: 4,414)
Notable locations in Sandusky South: Erie County Fairgrounds (A), Erie County Farm (B), State Soldiers Home (C).
Shopping Center: Perkins Plaza Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Sandusky South include: Assembly of Jesus Christ Church (A), Meadowbrook Church (B), Meadowlawn Church of Christ (C), Resurrection Church (D), First Church of the Nazarene (E), Calvary Baptist Church (F), Victory Christian Center (G), Woodlawn Church (H).
Cemeteries: Jewish Cemetery (1), Sandusky Cemetery (2), Ohio Soldiers and Sailors Home Cemetery (3).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Sulphur Brook (A).
Sandusky South compared to Ohio state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Sandusky South:
- WLEC (1450 AM; 1 kW; SANDUSKY, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WJR (760 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WKNR (850 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDFN (1130 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WFDF (910 AM; 50 kW; FLINT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WCHB (1200 AM; 50 kW; TAYLOR, MI; Owner: RADIO ONE OF DETROIT, LLC)
- WHK (1220 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WWJ (950 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WTAM (1100 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXYT (1270 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF DETROIT)
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WLKR (1510 AM; daytime; 1 kW; NORWALK, OH; Owner: ELYRIA-LORAIN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WRFD (880 AM; daytime; 23 kW; COLUMBUS-WORTHINGTON, OH; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF OHIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Sandusky South:
- WCPZ (102.7 FM; SANDUSKY, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WGGN (97.7 FM; CASTALIA, OH; Owner: CHRISTIAN FAITH BROADCAST, INC.)
- W202AW (88.3 FM; SANDUSKY, OH; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WLKR-FM (95.3 FM; NORWALK, OH; Owner: ELYRIA-LORAIN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKFM (96.1 FM; HURON, OH; Owner: ELYRIA-LORAIN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WXKR (94.5 FM; PORT CLINTON, OH; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WFRO-FM (99.1 FM; FREMONT, OH; Owner: BAS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNRR (92.1 FM; BELLEVUE, OH; Owner: BELLEVUE COMMUNITY BROADCASTING, INC)
- WNZN (89.1 FM; LORAIN, OH; Owner: THE SPANISH CULTURAL NETWORK)
- WMJK (100.9 FM; CLYDE, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WVMS (89.5 FM; SANDUSKY, OH; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
TV broadcast stations around Sandusky South:
- WGGN-TV (Channel 52; SANDUSKY, OH; Owner: CHRISTIAN FAITH BROADCAST, INC.)
- W41AP (Channel 41; SANDUSKY, OH; Owner: REGISTER TV NEWS)
- WMFD-TV (Channel 68; MANSFIELD, OH; Owner: MID-STATE TELEVISION,INC.)
- WNWO-TV (Channel 24; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.