Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 13,524. Estimated population in July 2005: 13,466 (-0.4% change)
Males: 6,507 (48.1%), Females: 7,017 (51.9%)
Median resident age: 37.1 years
Median household income: $33,003 (year 2000)
Median house value: $80,800 (year 2000)
Washington, OH residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Washington:
- White Non-Hispanic (93.8%)
- Black (2.7%)
- Hispanic (1.4%)
- Two or more races (1.1%)
- Other race (0.7%)
- American Indian (0.5%)
- Japanese (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (19.0%), United States (17.9%), Irish (12.3%), English (9.5%), Italian (2.2%), Dutch (2.2%).Ohio forum
Land area: 6.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Washington
- High school or higher: 77.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.8%
- Unemployed: 5.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 24.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Washington city
- Never married: 22.3%
- Now married: 52.2%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 10.0%
- Divorced: 13.5%
1.3% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +512 (+3.9%).
in Stark County Ohio - jobs in and near Stark County, Canton & Massillon at StarkJobs.com />
Real Estate - NW Listings Search. Available homes only. See 124K photos, maps! />
Homes-Real Estate - Homes. Local market experts available. Call Us Today & Save Big />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: OH Springfield, (37.0 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: OH Columbus, (43.8 miles www.StarkJobs.com )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (332.3 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: OH (5.6 miles Bloomingburg, Milledgeville, OH (11.2 miles) , OH (11.6 miles Jeffersonville, Holland, OH (12.2 miles New Octa, OH (13.2 miles) , OH (13.2 miles Greenfield, OH (13.8 miles Midway, OH (14.1 miles Sabina,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 39 buildings, average cost: $93,400
- 1997: 23 buildings, average cost: $116,500
- 1998: 31 buildings, average cost: $94,300
- 1999: 38 buildings, average cost: $123,100
- 2000: 23 buildings, average cost: $139,400
- 2001: 26 buildings, average cost: $108,800
- 2002: 97 buildings, average cost: $77,100
- 2003: 44 buildings, average cost: $113,200
- 2004: 95 buildings, average cost: $91,500
Latitude: 39.54 N, Longitude: 83.44 W
Washington, Ohio business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (23.7%), Educational,health and social services (17.7%), Retail trade (14.3%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +250 (+1.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 3,026 (50.0%)
Average climate in Washington, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Washington-area historical tornado activity is near Ohio state average. It is 41% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1974, a category 5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 28.8 miles away from the Washington city center killed 36 people and injured 1150 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 11/16/1965, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 3.5 miles away from the city center injured 4 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Washington:
- FAYETTE COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 1 miles; WASHINGTON COURT HOUSE, OH)
- GREENFIELD AREA MEDICAL CENTER (about 14 miles; GREENFIELD, OH)
- MADISON COUNTY HOSPITAL INC (about 25 miles; LONDON, OH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Washington:
- AIRBORNE AIRPARK (about 26 miles; WILMINGTON, OH; ID: ILN)
- SPRINGFIELD-BECKLEY MUNI (about 35 miles; SPRINGFIELD, OH; ID: SGH)
- RICKENBACKER INTERNATIONAL (about 41 miles; COLUMBUS, OH; ID: LCK)
Other public-use airports nearest to Washington:
- FAYETTE COUNTY (about 3 miles; WASHINGTON COURT HOUSE, OH; ID: I23)
- HOLLISTER FIELD (about 20 miles; WILMINGTON, OH; ID: 2B6)
- BLOOM (about 22 miles; JAMESTOWN, OH; ID: 14I)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Washington:
- CEDARVILLE UNIVERSITY (about 29 miles; CEDARVILLE, OH; Full-time enrollment: 2,782)
- WITTENBERG UNIVERSITY (about 38 miles; SPRINGFIELD, OH; FT enrollment: 2,197)
- COLUMBUS STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 42 miles; COLUMBUS, OH; FT enrollment: 10,583)
- FRANKLIN UNIVERSITY (about 42 miles; COLUMBUS, OH; FT enrollment: 3,048)
- OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 44 miles; COLUMBUS, OH; FT enrollment: 42,666)
- CAPITAL UNIVERSITY (about 46 miles; COLUMBUS, OH; FT enrollment: 3,187)
- DEVRY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 46 miles; COLUMBUS, OH; FT enrollment: 2,999)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- The actual name of this city is Washington Court House, which is usually abbreviated as Washington C.H.
Notable locations in Washington: Washington Country Club (A), Fayette County Courthouse (B), Fayette County Law Library (C), Fayette County Museum (D), Carnegie Public Library (E).
Churches in Washington include: House of Prayer Holiness Church (A), McNair Memorial Presbyterian Church (B), Millwood Church of Christ (C), Northside Church of God (D), Pilgrim Holiness Church (E), Rodgers Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church (F), Saint Andrews Church (G), First Baptist Church (H).
Cemeteries: Washington Cemetery (1), Old Washington Cemetery (2), Saint Colmans Cemetery (3).
Reservoir: Washington Court House Reservoir (A).
Creek: East Fork Paint Creek (A).
Parks in Washington include: Gardner Athletic Field (1), Roszmann Field (2), Washington Court House Commercial Historic District (3), Washington Park (4), Christman Memorial Park (5), Eyman Park (6).
Post office: (A).
Washington compared to Ohio state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Washington:
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRFD (880 AM; daytime; 23 kW; COLUMBUS-WORTHINGTON, OH; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF OHIO, INC.)
- WSAI (1530 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WOSU (820 AM; 5 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WKNR (850 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WJR (760 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WONE (980 AM; 5 kW; DAYTON, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WFDF (910 AM; 50 kW; FLINT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WHIO (1290 AM; 5 kW; DAYTON, OH; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WBNS (1460 AM; 5 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: RADIOHIO, INCORPORATED)
- WGNZ (1110 AM; daytime; 3 kW; FAIRBORN, OH; Owner: L&D BROADCASTORS INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Washington:
- WCHO-FM (105.5 FM; WASHINGTON COURT HOU, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WVNU (97.5 FM; GREENFIELD, OH; Owner: SOUTHERN OHIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRVT (88.7 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- W201AK (88.1 FM; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: THE CEDARVILLE UNIVERSITY)
- WOSU-FM (89.7 FM; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WOHC (90.1 FM; CHILLICOTHE, OH; Owner: THE CEDARVILLE UNIVERSITY)
- WFCB (93.3 FM; CHILLICOTHE, OH; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WVXC (89.3 FM; CHILLICOTHE, OH; Owner: XAVIER UNIVERSITY)
- WKKJ (94.3 FM; CHILLICOTHE, OH; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WJYD (106.3 FM; LONDON, OH; Owner: BLUE CHIP BROADCASTING LICENSES, LTD)
TV broadcast stations around Washington:
- WWHO (Channel 53; CHILLICOTHE, OH; Owner: UPN STATIONS GROUP INC.)
- WBDT (Channel 26; SPRINGFIELD, OH; Owner: ACME TV LICENSES OF OHIO, LLC)
- WSYX (Channel 6; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: WSYX LICENSEE, INC.)
- WTTE (Channel 28; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: COLUMBUS (WTTE-TV) LICENSEE, INC.)
- WBNS-TV (Channel 10; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: WBNS-TV, INC.)
- WCMH-TV (Channel 4; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: OUTLET BROADCASTING, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.