Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 8,595. Estimated population in July 2005: 8,459 (-1.6% change)
Males: 4,107 (47.8%), Females: 4,488 (52.2%)
Median resident age: 42.9 years
Median household income: $47,493 (year 2000)
Median house value: $212,100 (year 2000)
Willoughby Hills, OH residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Willoughby Hills:
- White Non-Hispanic (88.3%)
- Black (6.5%)
- Asian Indian (1.8%)
- Two or more races (0.9%)
- Chinese (0.8%)
- Hispanic (0.7%)
Ancestries: German (21.4%), Italian (16.4%), Irish (15.2%), English (10.4%), Polish (6.1%), Hungarian (3.5%).Hills, Ohio
Elevation: 801 feet
Land area: 10.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Willoughby Hills
- High school or higher: 87.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 32.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.8%
- Unemployed: 3.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Willoughby Hills city
- Never married: 25.6%
- Now married: 54.6%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 7.5%
- Divorced: 11.0%
11.4% Foreign born (7.6% Europe, 3.1% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +138 (+1.6%).
Lakefront Sale - Lakefront properties starting at $149,900! />
County Home - Current Home Listings, MLS, Houses For Sale & More In FL. Free! />
MLS Search - Search by Property Type, Location & More. Find a Home Now! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: OH Euclid, (5.3 miles www.thepromenade-gpi.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: OH Cleveland, (17.2 miles pop. 478,403).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (428.9 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: OH (2.6 miles Wickliffe, OH (2.8 miles Mayfield, Heights, OH (3.2 miles Highland OH Willowick, (3.7 miles Hill, OH (4.2 miles Waite Mills, OH Gates (4.4 miles Heights, OH (4.7 miles Richmond OH Willoughby, (4.9 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2005: 35 buildings, average cost: $172,200
Latitude: 41.59 N, Longitude: 81.44 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 440
Willoughby Hills, Ohio business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (20.9%), Manufacturing (19.4%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (11.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,411 (-16.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 372 (8.5%)
Average climate in Willoughby Hills, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Willoughby Hills-area historical tornado activity is below Ohio state average. It is 8% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/31/1985, a category 5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 33.5 miles away from the Willoughby Hills city center killed 18 people and injured 310 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 6/8/1953, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 20.0 miles away from the city center killed 17 people and injured 379 people.
Hospitals/medical centers near Willoughby Hills:
- UHHS RICHMOND HEIGHTS HOSPITAL (about 4 miles; RICHMOND HEIGHTS, OH)
- LAURELWOOD HOSPITAL (about 4 miles; WILLOUGHBY, OH)
- MERIDIA HILLCREST HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; MAYFIELD HEIGHTS, OH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Willoughby Hills:
- CUYAHOGA COUNTY (about 4 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; ID: CGF)
- BURKE LAKEFRONT (about 18 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; ID: BKL)
- CLEVELAND-HOPKINS INTL (about 30 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; ID: CLE)
Other public-use airports nearest to Willoughby Hills:
- WILLOUGHBY LOST NATION MUNI (about 8 miles; WILLOUGHBY, OH; ID: LNN)
- CONCORD AIRPARK (about 19 miles; PAINESVILLE, OH; ID: 2G1)
- MILLS (about 28 miles; MANTUA, OH; ID: 7E3)
Amtrak station near Willoughby Hills:
- 19 miles: CLEVELAND (200 CLEVELAND MEMORIAL SHOREWAY). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, paid long-term parking, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Parks and Recreation ||1 ||$3,919 ||$47,028 ||0 ||$0 |
|Fire - Other ||0 ||$0 || ||1 ||$925 |
|Police - Other ||7 ||$21,046 ||$36,078 ||3 ||$4,067 |
|Streets and Highways ||10 ||$45,637 ||$54,764 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other Government Administration ||1 ||$3,469 ||$41,628 ||11 ||$13,598 |
|Judicial and Legal ||1 ||$3,691 ||$44,292 ||4 ||$8,252 |
|Police Protection - Officers ||19 ||$91,015 ||$57,483 ||9 ||$19,700 |
|Financial Administration ||4 ||$14,245 ||$42,735 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other and Unallocable ||2 ||$7,953 ||$47,718 ||3 ||$5,141 |
|Firefighters ||12 ||$57,639 ||$57,639 ||24 ||$33,938 |
|Totals for Government ||57 ||$248,615 ||$52,340 ||55 ||$85,622 |College/University in Willoughby Hills:
- BRYANT AND STRATTON COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 119; Location: 27557 CHARDON RD; Private, for-profit; Website: www.bryantstratton.edu)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Willoughby Hills:
- LAKELAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 4 miles; KIRTLAND, OH; Full-time enrollment: 4,119)
- JOHN CARROLL UNIVERSITY (about 10 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; FT enrollment: 3,861)
- CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY (about 13 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; FT enrollment: 7,729)
- CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY (about 18 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; FT enrollment: 11,000)
- CUYAHOGA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT (about 18 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; FT enrollment: 10,927)
- BALDWIN-WALLACE COLLEGE (about 33 miles; BEREA, OH; FT enrollment: 3,849)
- KENT STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 34 miles; KENT, OH; FT enrollment: 18,677)
Notable locations in Willoughby Hills: Manakiki Country Club (A), Old River Farm Reserved Picnic Area (B), River Road Camp (C), Airport Greens Golf Course (D), Squires Castle (E), Willoughby Hills City Hall (F).
Shopping Center: Loehmans Plaza Shopping Center (1).
Church in Willoughby Hills: Willoughby Hills United Methodist Church (A).
Cemeteries: Willoughby Ridge Cemetery (1), Chardon Road Cemetery (2), Maple Grove Cemetery (3).
Lake: Oxbow Lagoon (A).
Parks in Willoughby Hills include: Saint Joseph Park (1), Hach-Otis Sanctuary State Nature Preserve (2).
Willoughby Hills compared to Ohio state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- House age below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Willoughby Hills:
- WKNR (850 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTAM (1100 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHK (1220 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WELW (1330 AM; 1 kW; WILLOUGHBY, OH)
- WWMK (1260 AM; 10 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WRMR (1420 AM; 5 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CLEVELAND CLASSICAL RADIO, LLC)
- WCUE (1150 AM; 5 kW; CUYAHOGA FALLS, OH; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WERE (1300 AM; 5 kW; CLEVELAND, OH)
- WHLO (640 AM; 5 kW; AKRON, OH; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WJMO (1490 AM; 1 kW; CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, OH; Owner: BLUE CHIP BROADCASTING LICENSES, LTD.)
- WHBC (1480 AM; 15 kW; CANTON, OH; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WTOU (1350 AM; 5 kW; AKRON, OH)
- WJR (760 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Willoughby Hills:
- WENZ (107.9 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WFHM-FM (95.5 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: SCA LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WXTM (92.3 FM; CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WJCU (88.7 FM; UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS, OH; Owner: JOHN CARROLL UNIVERSITY)
- WMJI (105.7 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WDOK (102.1 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WQAL (104.1 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WMVX (106.5 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRUW-FM (91.1 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY)
- WNCX (98.5 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OF CLEVELAND INC.)
- WKHR (91.5 FM; BAINBRIDGE, OH; Owner: KENSTON LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- WMMS (100.7 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WCRF-FM (103.3 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
- WZAK (93.1 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WAKS (96.5 FM; AKRON, OH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCPN (90.3 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: IDEASTREAM)
- WKSU-FM (89.7 FM; KENT, OH; Owner: KENT STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WONE-FM (97.5 FM; AKRON, OH; Owner: RUBBER CITY RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- WGAR-FM (99.5 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WQMX (94.9 FM; MEDINA, OH; Owner: RUBBER CITY RADIO GROUP, INC)
TV broadcast stations around Willoughby Hills:
- WXOX-LP (Channel 65; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: VENTURE TECHNOLOGIES GROUP, LLC)
- W53AX (Channel 53; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WKYC-TV (Channel 3; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: WKYC-TV, INC.)
- WOIO (Channel 19; SHAKER HEIGHTS, OH; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- WBNX-TV (Channel 55; AKRON, OH; Owner: WINSTON BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WRAP-CA (Channel 32; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: COMMERCIAL BROADCASTING CORP.)
- W35AX (Channel 35; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: MEDIA-COM TELEVISION, INC.)
- WQHS-TV (Channel 61; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: UNIVISION CLEVELAND LLC)
- WEWS-TV (Channel 5; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: SCRIPPS HOWARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- W51BI (Channel 51; KIRTLAND, OH; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WUAB (Channel 43; LORAIN, OH; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- WJW (Channel 8; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: WJW LICENSE, INC.)
- WVIZ (Channel 25; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: IDEASTREAM)
- WVPX (Channel 23; AKRON, OH; Owner: PAXSON AKRON LICENSE, INC.)
- WEAO (Channel 49; AKRON, OH; Owner: NORTHEASTERN EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION OF OHIO, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.