Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 14,361. Estimated population in July 2005: 14,004 (-2.5% change)
Males: 6,873 (47.9%), Females: 7,488 (52.1%)
Median resident age: 40.9 years
Median household income: $44,107 (year 2000)
Median house value: $110,000 (year 2000)
Willowick, OH residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Willowick:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.2%)
- Black (0.7%)
- Hispanic (0.7%)
- Two or more races (0.7%)
Ancestries: German (23.9%), Italian (19.4%), Irish (17.7%), Polish (12.0%), English (8.9%), Slovak (5.6%).Ohio
Elevation: 622 feet
Land area: 2.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Willowick
- High school or higher: 84.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.9%
- Unemployed: 4.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Willowick city
- Never married: 21.3%
- Now married: 55.5%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 12.1%
- Divorced: 9.9%
4.6% Foreign born (3.4% Europe, 0.9% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: -953 (-6.2%).
County Home - Current Home Listings, MLS, Houses For Sale & More In FL. Free! />
County Real Estate - condos & lots for sale. Local community & school info. />
MLS Search - Search by Property Type, Location & More. Find a Home Now! />
Loansยฎ - a $150K mortgage for only $745 per month. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: OH Euclid, (4.4 miles pop. 52,717).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: OH Cleveland, (17.4 miles pop. 478,403).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (427.0 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: OH (1.8 miles Wickliffe, Lakeline, OH (1.9 miles) , OH (2.7 miles Timberlake, OH (2.9 miles Eastlake, Hills, OH Willoughby (3.7 miles OH Willoughby, (4.2 miles OH Euclid, (4.4 miles Hill, OH (5.7 miles Waite
Single-family new house construction building permits:
Latitude: 41.64 N, Longitude: 81.47 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 440
Willowick, Ohio business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (23.6%), Educational,health and social services (16.6%), Retail trade (13.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -4,779 (-33.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 645 (9.3%)
Crime in Willowick by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||1 ||1 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||7.0 ||7.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Robberies ||4 ||5 ||1 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||27.9 ||34.8 ||7.0 ||27.9 |
|Assaults ||1 ||11 ||9 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||7.0 ||76.6 ||62.7 ||13.9 |
|Burglaries ||40 ||57 ||20 ||20 |
| per 100,000 ||278.5 ||396.9 ||139.3 ||139.3 |
|Thefts ||181 ||174 ||150 ||155 |
| per 100,000 ||1260.4 ||1211.6 ||1044.5 ||1079.3 |
|Auto thefts ||14 ||34 ||12 ||21 |
| per 100,000 ||97.5 ||236.8 ||83.6 ||146.2 |
| ||90.2 ||123.7 ||72.8 ||75.8 |
Average climate in Willowick, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Willowick-area historical tornado activity is below Ohio state average. It is 13% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/8/1953, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 19.7 miles away from the Willowick city center killed 17 people and injured 379 people.
On 5/31/1985, a category 5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 37.2 miles away from the city center killed 18 people and injured 310 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Willowick:
- LAURELWOOD HOSPITAL (about 5 miles; WILLOUGHBY, OH)
- UHHS RICHMOND HEIGHTS HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; RICHMOND HEIGHTS, OH)
- MERIDIA EUCLID HOSPITAL (about 7 miles; EUCLID, OH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Willowick:
- CUYAHOGA COUNTY (about 6 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; ID: CGF)
- BURKE LAKEFRONT (about 17 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; ID: BKL)
- CLEVELAND-HOPKINS INTL (about 30 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; ID: CLE)
Other public-use airports nearest to Willowick:
- WILLOUGHBY LOST NATION MUNI (about 7 miles; WILLOUGHBY, OH; ID: LNN)
- CONCORD AIRPARK (about 20 miles; PAINESVILLE, OH; ID: 2G1)
- MILLS (about 32 miles; MANTUA, OH; ID: 7E3)
Amtrak station near Willowick:
- 19 miles: CLEVELAND (200 CLEVELAND MEMORIAL SHOREWAY). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, paid long-term parking, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Willowick:
- LAKELAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 5 miles; KIRTLAND, OH; Full-time enrollment: 4,119)
- JOHN CARROLL UNIVERSITY (about 12 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; FT enrollment: 3,861)
- CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY (about 14 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; FT enrollment: 7,729)
- CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY (about 18 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; FT enrollment: 11,000)
- CUYAHOGA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT (about 18 miles; CLEVELAND, OH; FT enrollment: 10,927)
- BALDWIN-WALLACE COLLEGE (about 33 miles; BEREA, OH; FT enrollment: 3,849)
- KENT STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 38 miles; KENT, OH; FT enrollment: 18,677)
Public primary/middle schools in Willowick:
- ROYALVIEW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 844; Location: 31500 ROYALVIEW DR; Grades: PK - 05)
- WILLOWICK MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 766; Location: 31500 ROYALVIEW DR; Grades: 05 - 08)
Shopping Center: Shoregate Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Willowick include: Bethel Lutheran Church (A), Erieside Church (B), First Baptist Church of Willowick (C), Shoregate Church (D).
Parks in Willowick include: Manry Park (1), Dudley Park (2).
Willowick compared to Ohio state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Willowick:
- WKNR (850 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTAM (1100 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHK (1220 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WELW (1330 AM; 1 kW; WILLOUGHBY, OH)
- WWMK (1260 AM; 10 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WRMR (1420 AM; 5 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CLEVELAND CLASSICAL RADIO, LLC)
- WERE (1300 AM; 5 kW; CLEVELAND, OH)
- WCUE (1150 AM; 5 kW; CUYAHOGA FALLS, OH; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WHLO (640 AM; 5 kW; AKRON, OH; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WJMO (1490 AM; 1 kW; CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, OH; Owner: BLUE CHIP BROADCASTING LICENSES, LTD.)
- WJR (760 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WHBC (1480 AM; 15 kW; CANTON, OH; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WTOU (1350 AM; 5 kW; AKRON, OH)
Strongest FM radio stations in Willowick:
- WENZ (107.9 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WFHM-FM (95.5 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: SCA LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WXTM (92.3 FM; CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WMJI (105.7 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WDOK (102.1 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WQAL (104.1 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WMVX (106.5 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WJCU (88.7 FM; UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS, OH; Owner: JOHN CARROLL UNIVERSITY)
- WRUW-FM (91.1 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY)
- WNCX (98.5 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OF CLEVELAND INC.)
- WMMS (100.7 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WKHR (91.5 FM; BAINBRIDGE, OH; Owner: KENSTON LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- WCRF-FM (103.3 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
- WZAK (93.1 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WCPN (90.3 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: IDEASTREAM)
- WGAR-FM (99.5 FM; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WKSU-FM (89.7 FM; KENT, OH; Owner: KENT STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WAKS (96.5 FM; AKRON, OH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WQMX (94.9 FM; MEDINA, OH; Owner: RUBBER CITY RADIO GROUP, INC)
- WONE-FM (97.5 FM; AKRON, OH; Owner: RUBBER CITY RADIO GROUP, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Willowick:
- WXOX-LP (Channel 65; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: VENTURE TECHNOLOGIES GROUP, LLC)
- W53AX (Channel 53; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WKYC-TV (Channel 3; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: WKYC-TV, INC.)
- WRAP-CA (Channel 32; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: COMMERCIAL BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WOIO (Channel 19; SHAKER HEIGHTS, OH; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- WBNX-TV (Channel 55; AKRON, OH; Owner: WINSTON BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- W35AX (Channel 35; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: MEDIA-COM TELEVISION, INC.)
- WQHS-TV (Channel 61; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: UNIVISION CLEVELAND LLC)
- WEWS-TV (Channel 5; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: SCRIPPS HOWARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WUAB (Channel 43; LORAIN, OH; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- WJW (Channel 8; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: WJW LICENSE, INC.)
- W51BI (Channel 51; KIRTLAND, OH; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WVIZ (Channel 25; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: IDEASTREAM)
- WVPX (Channel 23; AKRON, OH; Owner: PAXSON AKRON LICENSE, INC.)
- WEAO (Channel 49; AKRON, OH; Owner: NORTHEASTERN EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION OF OHIO, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.