Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 25,586. Estimated population in July 2005: 25,253 (-1.3% change)
Males: 11,781 (46.0%), Females: 13,805 (54.0%)
Median resident age: 34.8 years
Median household income: $26,642 (year 2000)
Median house value: $60,600 (year 2000)
Zanesville, OH residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Zanesville:
- White Non-Hispanic (85.0%)
- Black (10.8%)
- Two or more races (2.7%)
- American Indian (1.3%)
- Hispanic (0.8%)
Ancestries: United States (15.2%), German (14.7%), Irish (10.5%), English (7.5%), Italian (2.3%), Dutch (1.4%).Ohio
Elevation: 710 feet
Land area: 11.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Zanesville
- High school or higher: 73.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.2%
- Unemployed: 7.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Zanesville city
- Never married: 25.5%
- Now married: 46.4%
- Separated: 2.7%
- Widowed: 9.6%
- Divorced: 15.8%
0.9% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -1,667 (-6.1%).
Ohio Homes - for real estate listings, agents and advice on buying a home. />
Homes For Sale - BR, 1 BA home in great location for sale in Zanesville, Ohio. />
Zanesville, OH - Ankle Problems, Neuromas Request an appointment online! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: OH Columbus, (67.4 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (410.8 miles www.HarmonHomes.com )
Nearest cities: Zanesville, OH (2.8 miles North Zanesville, OH South (3.1 miles Grove, OH (3.2 miles Pleasant OH (9.2 miles Philo, OH Roseville, (10.6 miles Fultonham, OH (10.9 miles) , OH Dresden, (12.1 miles Adamsville, OH (12.3 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 21 buildings, average cost: $57,400
- 1998: 8 buildings, average cost: $75,000
- 1999: 12 buildings, average cost: $95,200
- 2000: 11 buildings, average cost: $171,600
- 2001: 15 buildings, average cost: $168,600
- 2002: 5 buildings, average cost: $68,600
- 2003: 10 buildings, average cost: $160,700
- 2004: 29 buildings, average cost: $104,200
- 2005: 1 building, cost: $165,000
Latitude: 39.95 N, Longitude: 82.01 W
Area code: 740
Zanesville, Ohio business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (24.3%), Educational,health and social services (23.4%), Retail trade (13.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +8,288 (+32.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 5,827 (56.2%)
Crime in Zanesville by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||4 ||1 ||5 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||15.6 ||3.9 ||19.5 ||7.8 |
|Rapes ||12 ||25 ||19 ||16 |
| per 100,000 ||46.9 ||97.7 ||74.3 ||62.5 |
|Robberies ||55 ||64 ||51 ||49 |
| per 100,000 ||215.0 ||250.1 ||199.3 ||191.5 |
|Assaults ||137 ||57 ||35 ||33 |
| per 100,000 ||535.4 ||222.8 ||136.8 ||129.0 |
|Burglaries ||363 ||383 ||350 ||292 |
| per 100,000 ||1418.7 ||1496.9 ||1367.9 ||1141.2 |
|Thefts ||1,761 ||1,729 ||1,494 ||1,259 |
| per 100,000 ||6882.7 ||6757.6 ||5839.1 ||4920.7 |
|Auto thefts ||93 ||99 ||84 ||87 |
| per 100,000 ||363.5 ||386.9 ||328.3 ||340.0 |
| ||609.7 ||568.6 ||492.0 ||420.0 |
Average climate in Zanesville, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Zanesville-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Ohio state average. It is 6% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/31/1985, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 21.2 miles away from the Zanesville city center killed one person and injured 20 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 5/10/1973, a category 3 tornado 21.9 miles away from the city center injured 8 people and caused between $500 and $5000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Jay Payton - 2005 Major League Baseball player (Oakland Athletics, born: Nov 22, 1972), Kevin Martin - NBA player (Sacramento Kings, born: Feb 1, 1983), Thomas Townsend Brown - (1905-1985), scientist, Tom Gleeton - PGA Tour Golf player (born: 8/25/56), Zach Sowers - College basketball player (Akron Zips).
Hospital/medical center in Zanesville:
- GENESIS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM (2951 MAPLE AVENUE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Zanesville:
- COSHOCTON COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 25 miles; COSHOCTON, OH)
- LICKING MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 29 miles; NEWARK, OH)
- CAMBRIDGE CAMPUS (about 30 miles; CAMBRIDGE, OH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Zanesville:
- MID-OHIO VALLEY REGIONAL (about 59 miles; PARKERSBURG, WV; ID: PKB)
- PORT COLUMBUS INTL (about 61 miles; COLUMBUS, OH; ID: CMH)
- RICKENBACKER INTERNATIONAL (about 64 miles; COLUMBUS, OH; ID: LCK)
Other public-use airports nearest to Zanesville:
- PARR (about 4 miles; ZANESVILLE, OH; ID: 42I)
- ZANESVILLE MUNI (about 9 miles; ZANESVILLE, OH; ID: ZZV)
- CROOKSVILLE (about 16 miles; CROOKSVILLE, OH; ID: I84)
ZANESVILLE (375 FAIRBANKS ST.) - Bus Station
Colleges/Universities in Zanesville:
- MUSKINGUM AREA TECHNICAL COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 1,268; Location: 1555 NEWARK RD; Public; Website: www.matc.tec.oh.us)
- OHIO UNIVERSITY-ZANESVILLE BRANCH (FT enrollment: 1,114; Location: 1425 NEWARK RD; Public; Website: www.ohiou.edu)
- MID-EAST OHIO VOCATIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICT ADULT ED (FT enrollment: 80; Location: 400 RICHARDS RD; Public; Website: www.mid-east.k12.oh.us)
- VALLEY BEAUTY SCHOOL (Location: 627 MAIN ST; Private, for-profit)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Zanesville:
- DENISON UNIVERSITY (about 37 miles; GRANVILLE, OH; Full-time enrollment: 2,101)
- HOCKING TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 38 miles; NELSONVILLE, OH; FT enrollment: 4,050)
- OHIO UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 44 miles; ATHENS, OH; FT enrollment: 18,721)
- WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY AT PARKERSBURG (about 58 miles; PARKERSBURG, WV; FT enrollment: 2,306)
- CAPITAL UNIVERSITY (about 64 miles; COLUMBUS, OH; FT enrollment: 3,187)
- DEVRY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 64 miles; COLUMBUS, OH; FT enrollment: 2,999)
- OTTERBEIN COLLEGE (about 64 miles; WESTERVILLE, OH; FT enrollment: 2,226)
Public high schools in Zanesville:
- ZANESVILLE HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,121; Location: 1701 BLUE AVE; Grades: 09 - 12)
- MAYSVILLE HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 675; Location: 3725 PANTHER DRIVE; Grades: 09 - 12)
- WEST MUSKINGUM HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 567; Location: 200 KIMES RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- FOXFIRE ALTERNATIVE (Students: 55; Location: 2805 PINKERTON LN; Grades: 10 - 12)
Private high schools in Zanesville:
- BISHOP ROSECRANS HIGH SCH (Students: 249; Location: 1040 EAST MAIN STREET; Grades: 9 - 12)
- MUSKINGUM CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 110; Location: 3129 E PIKE; Grades: KG - 12)
- ZANESVILLE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 104; Location: 2400 CHANDLERSVILLE ROAD; Grades: KG - 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Zanesville:
- MAYSVILLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 1,068; Location: 3850 PANTHER DR; Grades: PK - 05)
- MAYSVILLE MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 522; Location: 3725 PANTHER DRIVE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- WILSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 491; Location: 1063 SUPERIOR ST; Grades: KG - 06)
- WEST MUSKINGUM MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 462; Location: 100 KIMES RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- WESTVIEW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 461; Location: 2256 DRESDEN RD; Grades: KG - 06)
- GENERAL RUFUS PUTNAM COMMUNITY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 365; Location: 920 MOXAHALA AVE; Grades: PK - 06)
- CLEVELAND MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 348; Location: 714 PERSHING RD; Grades: 07 - 08)
- ROOSEVELT MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 328; Location: 1275 ROOSEVELT AVE; Grades: 07 - 08)
- MUNSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 305; Location: 109 BRIGHTON BLVD; Grades: KG - 06)
- MCINTIRE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 293; Location: 1007 MCINTIRE AVE; Grades: PK - 06)
Private primary/middle schools in Zanesville:
- ST NICHOLAS SCHOOL (Students: 288; Location: 1030 EAST MAIN STREET; Grades: KG - 8)
- ST THOMAS AQUINAS SCHOOL (Students: 247; Location: 139 NORTH FIFTH STREET; Grades: KG - 8)
- ZANESVILLE 7TH DAY ADVENT ELEM (Students: 14; Location: 824 W TAYLOR ST; Grades: 2 - 8)
Library in Zanesville:
- MUSKINGUM COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM (Operating income: $3,560,442; Location: 220 N. FIFTH ST.; 294,725 books; 17,526 audio materials; 11,979 video materials; 436 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Zanesville: Zanesville Country Club (A), Zanesville Industrial Park (B), Zanesville City Hall (C), Zanesville Art Center (D), John McIntire Public Library (E), Muskingum County Law Library (F), Muskingum County Courthouse (G).
Shopping Centers: Country Fair Shopping Center (1), Colony Centre Shopping Center (2), Colony Court Shopping Center (3), Colony Square Mall Shopping Center (4), Buchanan Square Shopping Center (5), Sunrise Shopping Center (6).
Churches in Zanesville include: Highland Community United Presbyterian Church (A), Immanuel United Church of Christ (B), Apostolic Christian Church (C), Apostolic Church of God (D), Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses (E), Market Street Baptist Church (F), North Side Church of the Nazarene (G), North Terrace Church of Christ (H).
Cemeteries: Zanesville Memorial Park (1), Woodlawn Cemetery (2), Saint Thomas Cemetery (3), Moxahala Cemetery (4), Greenwood Cemetery (5).
Reservoir: Muskingum River Lock and Dam Number (A).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Timber Run (A), Licking River (B), Mill Run (C), Chaps Run (D).
Parks in Zanesville include: Putnam Hill Park (1), Putnam Historic District (2), Putnam Landing Park (3), Dixon Park (4), McIntire Terrace Historic District (5), Brighton-Drydon Historic District (6), Calvert Park (7), Jaycee Riverside Park (8), Chaps Run Park (9).
Post office: (A).
Zanesville compared to Ohio state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Zanesville:
- WHIZ (1240 AM; 1 kW; ZANESVILLE, OH; Owner: SOUTHEASTERN OHIO BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC.)
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WWVA (1170 AM; 53 kW; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKNR (850 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRFD (880 AM; daytime; 23 kW; COLUMBUS-WORTHINGTON, OH; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF OHIO, INC.)
- WTAM (1100 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHK (1220 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KDKA (1020 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WJR (760 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WFDF (910 AM; 50 kW; FLINT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WBRJ (910 AM; 5 kW; MARIETTA, OH; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBGS (1030 AM; daytime; 10 kW; POINT PLEASANT, WV; Owner: BIG RIVER RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Zanesville:
- WHIZ-FM (102.5 FM; ZANESVILLE, OH; Owner: SOUTHEASTERN OHIO BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC.)
- WWJM (106.3 FM; NEW LEXINGTON, OH; Owner: PERRY COUNTY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WOUZ-FM (90.1 FM; ZANESVILLE, OH; Owner: OHIO UNIVERSITY)
- WYBZ (107.3 FM; CROOKSVILLE, OH; Owner: Y BRIDGE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCVZ (92.7 FM; SOUTH ZANESVILLE, OH; Owner: CHRISTIAN VOICE OF CENTRAL OHIO, INC)
- WJIC (91.7 FM; ZANESVILLE, OH; Owner: VCY/AMERICA, INC.)
- WJAW-FM (100.9 FM; MCCONNELSVILLE, OH; Owner: QUIET RADIO INC. D/B/A WJAW RADIO)
- W233AK (94.5 FM; ZANESVILLE, OH; Owner: CHRISTIAN VOICE OF CENTRAL OHIO, INC)
- WTNS-FM (99.3 FM; COSHOCTON, OH; Owner: COSHOCTON BROADCASTING CO.)
- WILE-FM (97.7 FM; BYESVILLE, OH; Owner: AVC COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCMJ (96.7 FM; CAMBRIDGE, OH; Owner: AVC COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCLT-FM (100.3 FM; NEWARK, OH; Owner: WCLT RADIO, INC.)
- W280CY (103.9 FM; MCCONNELSVILLE, OH; Owner: BELPRE EDUCATION BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
TV broadcast stations around Zanesville:
- WHIZ-TV (Channel 18; ZANESVILLE, OH; Owner: SOUTHEASTERN OHIO TELEVISION SYSTEM)
- W16BT (Channel 16; ZANESVILLE, OH; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.