Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 12,156. Estimated population in July 2005: 11,894 (-2.2% change)
Males: 5,913 (48.6%), Females: 6,243 (51.4%)
Median resident age: 39.3 years
Median household income: $35,430 (year 2000)
Median house value: $103,800 (year 2000)
City of The Dalles, OR residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in City of The Dalles:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (84.5%)
- Hispanic (10.5%)
- Other race (6.2%)
- Two or more races (2.6%)
- American Indian (2.1%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (0.8%)
Ancestries: German (20.8%), English (13.9%), Irish (12.2%), Norwegian (5.8%), United States (5.7%), French (5.1%).
New! of The Dalles, Oregon forum
Land area: 5.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in City of The Dalles
- High school or higher: 83.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.2%
- Unemployed: 8.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 14.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in City of The Dalles city
- Never married: 18.2%
- Now married: 57.9%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 8.9%
- Divorced: 13.8%
6.8% Foreign born (5.0% Latin America, 0.7% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: +1,005 (+9.0%).
Real Estate Search - Real Estate Listings Homes, Land & Property Sale />
a Home in The Dalles - the The Dalles MLS View Current Listings for Free! aff />
Estate - local listings in MLS New listings emailed daily! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: WA Yakima, (82.2 miles pop. 71,845).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: OR Portland, (100.3 miles pop. 529,121).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (819.4 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: WA Dallesport, (1.9 miles OR (3.2 miles Chenoweth, Rowena, OR (7.9 miles) , WA Lyle, (9.5 miles OR (10.9 miles Dufur, WA (14.9 miles Klickitat, OR Mosier, (15.7 miles WA Wishram, (15.9 miles
Latitude: 45.60 N, Longitude: 121.18 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 509
City of The Dalles, Oregon business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (23.5%), Retail trade (17.6%), Manufacturing (10.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,763 (+14.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 3,735 (70.7%)
Average climate in City of The Dalles, Oregon
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near City of The Dalles:
- MID-COLUMBIA MEDICAL CENTER (about 1 miles; THE DALLES, OR)
- SKYLINE HOSPITAL (about 24 miles; WHITE SALMON, WA)
- PROVIDENCE HOOD RIVER MEMORIAL HOSP (about 25 miles; HOOD RIVER, OR)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to City of The Dalles:
- YAKIMA AIR TERMINAL/MCALLISTER FIELD (about 81 miles; YAKIMA, WA; ID: YKM)
- ROBERTS FIELD (about 93 miles; REDMOND, OR; ID: RDM)
- PORTLAND INTL (about 97 miles; PORTLAND, OR; ID: PDX)
Other public-use airports nearest to City of The Dalles:
- COLUMBIA GORGE REGIONAL/THE DALLES MUNI (about 2 miles; THE DALLES, OR; ID: DLS)
- HOOD RIVER (about 25 miles; HOOD RIVER, OR; ID: 4S2)
- GOLDENDALE (about 29 miles; GOLDENDALE, WA; ID: S20)
Amtrak stations near City of The Dalles:
- 1 miles: THE DALLES (201 E. FEDERAL ST.) - Bus Station. Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
- 16 miles: WISHRAM (WEST END OF RAILROAD AVE.). Services: partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking.
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Local Libraries ||5 ||$12,852 ||$30,844 ||1 ||$1,019 |
|Other and Unallocable ||0 ||$0 || ||2 ||$3,962 |
|Police - Other ||2 ||$4,655 ||$27,930 ||1 ||$200 |
|Judicial and Legal ||3 ||$9,634 ||$38,536 ||0 ||$0 |
|Police Protection - Officers ||18 ||$64,646 ||$43,097 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other Government Administration ||6 ||$22,827 ||$45,654 ||0 ||$0 |
|Financial Administration ||3 ||$9,707 ||$38,828 ||0 ||$0 |
|Streets and Highways ||15 ||$45,581 ||$36,464 ||0 ||$0 |
|Airports ||1 ||$3,779 ||$45,348 ||0 ||$0 |
|Sewerage ||4 ||$11,937 ||$35,811 ||0 ||$0 |
|Water Supply ||17 ||$48,346 ||$34,126 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||74 ||$233,964 ||$37,940 ||4 ||$5,181 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to City of The Dalles:
- YAKIMA VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 83 miles; YAKIMA, WA; Full-time enrollment: 2,906)
- PORTLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 83 miles; Portland, OR; FT enrollment: 12,132)
- MT HOOD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 87 miles; GRESHAM, OR; FT enrollment: 4,867)
- CLACKAMAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 99 miles; OREGON CITY, OR; FT enrollment: 3,446)
- CLARK COLLEGE (about 103 miles; VANCOUVER, WA; FT enrollment: 5,106)
- CENTRAL OREGON COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 105 miles; BEND, OR; FT enrollment: 2,274)
- LEWIS AND CLARK COLLEGE (about 106 miles; PORTLAND, OR; FT enrollment: 2,795)
| || |
Notable locations in City of The Dalles: Lewis and Clark Memorial (A), The Dalles Substation (B).
Cemeteries: Masonic Cemetery (1), Pioneer Cemetery (2), GAR Cemetery (3), Independent Order of Odd Fellows Cemetery (4), Saint Peters Cemetery (5).
Reservoir: Sorosis Reservoir (A).
Creek: Threemile Creek (A).
Parks in City of The Dalles include: Thompson Park (1), Seufert County Park (2), Sorosis Park (3), Howe Park (4).
Post office: (A).
City of The Dalles compared to Oregon state average:
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in City of The Dalles:
- KODL (1440 AM; 5 kW; THE DALLES, OR; Owner: LARSON-WYNN, INC.)
- KACI (1300 AM; 1 kW; THE DALLES, OR; Owner: COLUMBIA GORGE BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KXL (750 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- KPOJ (620 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KPAM (860 AM; 50 kW; TROUTDALE, OR; Owner: PAMPLIN BROADCASTING-OREGON, INC.)
- KOTK (1080 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: FISHER BROADCASTING - PORTLAND RADIO, L.L.C.)
- KEX (1190 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KKAD (1550 AM; 50 kW; VANCOUVER, WA; Owner: PAMPLIN BROADCASTING-WASHINGTON, INC)
- KKSN (1520 AM; 50 kW; OREGON CITY, OR; Owner: ENTERCOM PORTLAND LICENSE, LLC)
- KIRO (710 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: ENTERCOM SEATTLE LICENSE, LLC)
- KTTH (770 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: ENTERCOM SEATTLE LICENSE, LLC)
- KJR (950 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA)
- KGNW (820 AM; 50 kW; BURIEN-SEATTLE, WA; Owner: INSPIRATION MEDIA, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in City of The Dalles:
- KMSW (92.7 FM; THE DALLES, OR; Owner: M.S.W. COMMUNICATIONS, L.L.C..)
- KACI-FM (97.7 FM; THE DALLES, OR; Owner: COLUMBIA GORGE BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KMCQ (104.5 FM; THE DALLES, OR; Owner: MID-COLUMBIA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K215CR (90.9 FM; THE DALLES, OR; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- K256AC (99.1 FM; THE DALLES, OR; Owner: CATHOLIC BROADCASTING NORTHWEST, INC)
- KYYT (102.3 FM; GOLDENDALE, WA; Owner: HAYSTACK BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KQHR (90.1 FM; HOOD RIVER, OR; Owner: KBPS PUBLIC RADIO FOUNDATION)
- KBNO-FM (89.3 FM; WHITE SALMON, WA; Owner: WORLD RADIO NETWORK, INC.)
- KLVP-FM (88.7 FM; CHERRYVILLE, OR; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KZRI (90.3 FM; WELCHES, OR; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- K205EG (88.9 FM; THE DALLES, OR; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K274AU (102.7 FM; THE DALLES, OR; Owner: HAYSTACK BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around City of The Dalles:
- K61BX (Channel 61; THE DALLES, OR; Owner: FISHER BROADCASTING - PORTLAND TV, L.L.C.)
- K64BK (Channel 64; THE DALLES, OR; Owner: EMMIS TELEVISION LICENSE CORPORATION)
- K69AH (Channel 69; THE DALLES, OR; Owner: MEREDITH CORPORATION)
- K59EK (Channel 59; THE DALLES, OR; Owner: KING BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- K66AH (Channel 66; THE DALLES, ETC., OR; Owner: OREGON PUBLIC BROADCASTING)
- KRHP-LP (Channel 14; THE DALLES, OR; Owner: ROBERT H. PETTITT)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.