Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,470. Estimated population in July 2005: 6,445 (-0.4% change)
Males: 3,107 (48.0%), Females: 3,363 (52.0%)
Median resident age: 31.7 years
Median household income: $28,365 (year 2000)
Median house value: $79,500 (year 2000)
Milton-Freewater, OR residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Milton-Freewater:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (65.8%)
- Hispanic (31.8%)
- Other race (20.8%)
- Two or more races (2.9%)
- American Indian (1.4%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (1.2%)
Ancestries: German (16.3%), Irish (8.6%), United States (8.0%), English (6.7%), Scottish (2.8%), French (2.6%).Oregon
Elevation: 1033 feet
Land area: 1.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Milton-Freewater
- High school or higher: 69.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.7%
- Unemployed: 14.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 19.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Milton-Freewater city
- Never married: 22.0%
- Now married: 57.6%
- Separated: 3.0%
- Widowed: 6.4%
- Divorced: 11.1%
16.6% Foreign born (15.7% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +771 (+13.5%).
Estate - local listings in MLS New listings emailed daily! />
Walla Land for Sale - acres with water rights, 360 degree views, great investment. />
Real Estate Search - Real Estate Listings Homes, Land & Property Sale />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: WA Kennewick, (55.9 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: OR Portland, (293.4 miles pop. 529,121).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (819.6 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Place, WA College (7.5 miles WA (8.7 miles Garrett, OR Weston, (8.8 miles Walla, WA Walla (9.8 miles Walla East, WA (10.3 miles Walla OR (10.9 miles Athena, OR Adams, (16.7 miles Helix, OR (19.3 miles) .
Latitude: 45.94 N, Longitude: 118.39 W
Area code: 541
Milton-Freewater, Oregon business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (23.2%), Manufacturing (18.9%).
Crime in Milton-Freewater (2001):
- 1 murder (15.2 per 100,000)
- 1 rape (15.2 per 100,000)
- 3 robberies (45.7 per 100,000)
- 3 assaults (45.7 per 100,000)
- 61 burglaries (928.9 per 100,000)
- 174 thefts (2649.6 per 100,000)
- 10 auto thefts (152.3 per 100,000) crime index = 230.8 (higher means more crime, US average = 330.8)
Crime in Milton-Freewater (2004):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 5 rapes (76.7 per 100,000)
- 2 robberies (30.7 per 100,000)
- 9 assaults (138.0 per 100,000)
- 85 burglaries (1303.7 per 100,000)
- 248 thefts (3803.7 per 100,000)
- 24 auto thefts (368.1 per 100,000) crime index = 343.0 (higher means more crime, US average = 315.1)
Average climate in Milton-Freewater, Oregon
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Milton-Freewater:
- ST MARY MEDICAL CENTER (about 10 miles; WALLA WALLA, WA)
- WALLA WALLA GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; WALLA WALLA, WA)
- EASTERN OREGON PSYCHIATRIC CENTER (about 34 miles; PENDLETON, OR)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Milton-Freewater:
- WALLA WALLA REGIONAL (about 13 miles; WALLA WALLA, WA; ID: ALW)
- EASTERN OREGON REGIONAL AT PENDLETON (about 36 miles; PENDLETON, OR; ID: PDT)
- TRI-CITIES (about 55 miles; PASCO, WA; ID: PSC)
Other public-use airports nearest to Milton-Freewater:
- MARTIN FIELD (about 7 miles; COLLEGE PLACE, WA; ID: S95)
- LOWER MONUMENTAL STATE (about 44 miles; KAHLOTUS, WA; ID: W09)
- LITTLE GOOSE LOCK AND DAM (about 52 miles; STARBUCK, WA; ID: 16W)
Local government website:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Milton-Freewater:
- WALLA WALLA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 10 miles; WALLA WALLA, WA; Full-time enrollment: 2,812)
- EASTERN OREGON UNIVERSITY (about 48 miles; LA GRANDE, OR; FT enrollment: 2,192)
- COLUMBIA BASIN COLLEGE (about 54 miles; PASCO, WA; FT enrollment: 3,529)
- WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY (about 81 miles; PULLMAN, WA; FT enrollment: 18,110)
- LEWIS-CLARK STATE COLLEGE (about 103 miles; LEWISTON, ID; FT enrollment: 2,213)
- EASTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY (about 119 miles; CHENEY, WA; FT enrollment: 7,852)
- SPOKANE FALLS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 133 miles; SPOKANE, WA; FT enrollment: 6,284)
Public high school in Milton-Freewater:
- MCLOUGHLIN HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 470; Location: 120 S MAIN ST; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Milton-Freewater:
- CENTRAL MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 440; Location: 306 SW 2ND AVE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- GROVE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 353; Location: 129 SE 15TH ST; Grades: KG - 02)
- FREEWATER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 322; Location: 17 NW 8TH AVE; Grades: 03 - 05)
- FERNDALE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 316; Location: 53445 W FERNDALE RD; Grades: KG - 06)
Library in Milton-Freewater:
- MILTON-FREEWATER PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $128,611; Location: 815 SOUTH MAIN STREET; 33,712 books; 2,382 audio materials; 789 video materials; 93 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Milton-Freewater: W. W. V. Ry. Crossing (A), Milton Substation (B).
River: Little Walla Walla River (A).
Parks in Milton-Freewater include: Richard A Yantis Memorial Park (1), Milton Park (2).
Post office: (A).
Milton-Freewater compared to Oregon state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Milton-Freewater:
- KUJ (1420 AM; 5 kW; WALLA WALLA, WA; Owner: ALEXANDRA COMMUNICATIONS)
- KGDC (1320 AM; 1 kW; WALLA WALLA, WA; Owner: BRIDGE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KTEL (1490 AM; 1 kW; WALLA WALLA, WA; Owner: WW2, L.L.C.)
- KUMA (1290 AM; 5 kW; PENDLETON, OR; Owner: ROUND-UP RADIO, INC.)
- KTBI (810 AM; daytime; 50 kW; EPHRATA, WA; Owner: TACOMA BROADCASTERS, INCORPORATED)
- KFLD (870 AM; 10 kW; PASCO, WA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KONA (610 AM; 5 kW; KENNEWICK-RICHLAND-P, WA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KQQQ (1150 AM; 25 kW; PULLMAN, WA; Owner: RADIO PALOUSE, INC.)
- KGA (1510 AM; 50 kW; SPOKANE, WA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KWEI (1260 AM; 50 kW; WEISER, ID; Owner: TREASURE VALLEY BROADCASTING CO.)
- KALE (960 AM; 5 kW; RICHLAND, WA; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KXLY (920 AM; 20 kW; SPOKANE, WA; Owner: SPOKANE RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Milton-Freewater:
- KRKL (93.3 FM; WALLA WALLA, WA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KHSS (100.7 FM; WALLA WALLA, WA; Owner: TWO HEARTS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KWHT (103.5 FM; PENDLETON, OR; Owner: KSRV, INC.)
- KNLT (95.7 FM; WALLA WALLA, WA; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- KWWS (89.7 FM; WALLA WALLA, WA; Owner: WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KGTS (91.3 FM; COLLEGE PLACE, WA; Owner: WALLA WALLA COLLEGE)
- KOLW (97.9 FM; MILTON-FREEWATER, OR; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KLRF (88.5 FM; MILTON-FREEWATER, OR; Owner: LIFETALK RADIO, INC.)
- KZZM (101.9 FM; WESTON, OR; Owner: BUTTERFIELD BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KUJ-FM (99.1 FM; WALLA WALLA, WA; Owner: ALEXANDRA COMMUNICATIONS)
- KUBQ (98.7 FM; LA GRANDE, OR; Owner: GRANDE RADIO, INC.)
- KUMA-FM (107.7 FM; PENDLETON, OR; Owner: ROUND-UP RADIO, INC.)
- KZHR (92.5 FM; DAYTON, WA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KONA-FM (105.3 FM; KENNEWICK, WA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Milton-Freewater:
- K28FT (Channel 28; WALLA WALLA, WA; Owner: BLUE MOUNTAIN BROADCASTING ASSOCIATION)
- K14HT (Channel 14; WALLA WALLA, ETC., WA; Owner: APPLE VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KAZW-TV (Channel 9; WALLA WALLA, WA; Owner: CASA OF WASHINGTON, LLC)
- K36EW (Channel 36; COLLEGE PLACE, WA; Owner: BLUE MOUNTAIN BROADCASTING ASSOCIATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.