Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,395. Estimated population in July 2005: 6,161 (-3.7% change)
Males: 2,952 (46.2%), Females: 3,443 (53.8%)
Median resident age: 36.8 years
Median household income: $33,216 (year 2000)
Median house value: $98,000 (year 2000)
Bellefonte, PA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Bellefonte:
- White Non-Hispanic (96.9%)
- Black (0.9%)
- Two or more races (0.8%)
- Hispanic (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (24.1%), Irish (12.0%), United States (11.3%), Italian (8.7%), English (8.3%), Polish (3.4%).
New! Pennsylvania forum
Elevation: 809 feet
Land area: 1.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Bellefonte
- High school or higher: 84.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 24.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.2%
- Unemployed: 6.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bellefonte borough
- Never married: 23.6%
- Now married: 55.2%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 9.1%
- Divorced: 10.7%
1.4% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +28 (+0.4%).
a House in PA - Real Estate Agents Compete for your Business. Free - Easy />
Real Estate Homes - List Of Homes For Sale Demographic Property Seach />
PA Homes - Immediate Online Access to Thousands of Local Home Listings />
PA Homes - list of foreclosures, fixer uppers and estate sales save 1000s />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MD Frederick, (105.8 miles www.e-agent.com/Somerset )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MD Baltimore, (136.7 miles pop. 651,154).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (191.5 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: PA (2.2 miles Milesburg, Gap, PA (3.9 miles Pleasant PA (6.5 miles Zion, PA Unionville, (7.0 miles PA (7.0 miles Houserville, PA (7.8 miles Lemont, Hall, PA (7.9 miles Centre PA Boalsburg, (9.2 miles
Latitude: 40.91 N, Longitude: 77.77 W
Area code: 814
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (26.1%), Manufacturing (17.5%), Retail trade (16.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +388 (+6.1%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 660 (22.6%)
Crime in Bellefonte by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||0 ||1 ||4 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||15.6 ||62.5 ||15.6 |
|Robberies ||1 ||1 ||0 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||15.6 ||15.6 ||0.0 ||31.3 |
|Assaults ||2 ||5 ||9 ||3 |
| per 100,000 ||31.3 ||78.2 ||140.7 ||46.9 |
|Burglaries ||11 ||11 ||7 ||11 |
| per 100,000 ||172.0 ||172.0 ||109.5 ||172.0 |
|Thefts ||145 ||126 ||112 ||146 |
| per 100,000 ||2267.4 ||1970.3 ||1751.4 ||2283.0 |
|Auto thefts ||1 ||4 ||1 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||15.6 ||62.5 ||15.6 ||15.6 |
| ||114.9 ||122.4 ||132.1 ||129.6 |
Average climate in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Bellefonte-area historical tornado activity is below Pennsylvania state average. It is 45% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/31/1985, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 37.7 miles away from the Bellefonte city center caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 7/29/1976, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 39.9 miles away from the city center caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: George Grey Barnard - (1863-1938).
Hospitals/medical centers near Bellefonte:
- HEALTHSOUTH NITTANY VALLEY REHAB (about 1 miles; PLEASANT GAP, PA)
- MEADOWS PSYCHIATRIC CENTER (about 9 miles; CENTRE HALL, PA)
- CENTRE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; STATE COLLEGE, PA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Bellefonte:
- UNIVERSITY PARK (about 7 miles; STATE COLLEGE, PA; ID: UNV)
- ALTOONA-BLAIR COUNTY (about 58 miles; ALTOONA, PA; ID: AOO)
- WILLIAMSPORT RGNL (about 64 miles; WILLIAMSPORT, PA; ID: IPT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Bellefonte:
- BELLEFONTE (about 3 miles; BELLEFONTE, PA; ID: N96)
- RIDGE SOARING (about 9 miles; UNIONVILLE, PA; ID: 79N)
- CENTRE AIRPARK (about 12 miles; CENTRE HALL, PA; ID: N16)
Local government website:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Bellefonte:
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 10 miles; UNIVERSITY PARK, PA; Full-time enrollment: 38,248)
- LOCK HAVEN UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 29 miles; LOCK HAVEN, PA; FT enrollment: 3,738)
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY-PENN STATE ALTOONA (about 51 miles; ALTOONA, PA; FT enrollment: 3,516)
- PENNSYLVANIA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 58 miles; WILLIAMSPORT, PA; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- BUCKNELL UNIVERSITY (about 60 miles; LEWISBURG, PA; FT enrollment: 3,534)
- SHIPPENSBURG UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 63 miles; SHIPPENSBURG, PA; FT enrollment: 6,330)
- DICKINSON COLLEGE (about 63 miles; CARLISLE, PA; FT enrollment: 2,098)
Public high school in Bellefonte:
- BELLEFONTE AREA HS (Students: 958; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Bellefonte:
- CENTRE COUNTY CHRISTIAN ACAD (Students: 154; Location: 100 HERTZLER DRIVE; Grades: PK - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Bellefonte:
- BELLEFONTE AREA MS (Students: 806; Grades: 06 - 08)
- BELLEFONTE EL SCH (Students: 484; Grades: KG - 05)
- MARION-WALKER EL SCH (Students: 303; Grades: KG - 05)
- BENNER EL SCH (Students: 202; Grades: KG - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Bellefonte:
- ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST CATHOLI (Students: 219; Location: 116 EAST BISHOP STREET; Grades: PK - 8)
- SUNNY MEADOW PAROCHIAL SCHOOL (Students: 21; Location: 3770 JACKSONVILLE ROAD; Grades: 1 - 8)
Library in Bellefonte:
- CENTRE CO LIB & HIST MUSEUM (Operating income: $1,446,135; Location: 203 NORTH ALLEGHENY ST; 126,598 books; 5,284 audio materials; 16,531 video materials; 241 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Cemeteries: Union Cemetery (1), Saint Johns Cemetery (2).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Logan Branch (A), Buffalo Run (B).
Bellefonte compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Bellefonte:
- WBLF (970 AM; 1 kW; BELLEFONTE, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WIEZ (670 AM; daytime; 5 kW; LEWISTOWN, PA; Owner: FIRST MEDIA RADIO, LLC)
- WMAJ (1450 AM; 1 kW; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: FOREVER BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WRSC (1390 AM; 2 kW; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WPHB (1260 AM; 5 kW; PHILIPSBURG, PA)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WHUN (1150 AM; 5 kW; HUNTINGDON, PA; Owner: MEGAHERTZ LICENSES, LLC)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WKOK (1070 AM; 10 kW; SUNBURY, PA; Owner: SUNBURY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bellefonte:
- WOWY (98.7 FM; PLEASANT GAP, PA; Owner: FOREVER BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WBHV (103.1 FM; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: FOREVER BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WBUS (93.7 FM; BOALSBURG, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WTLR (89.9 FM; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: CENTRAL PENNSYLIA CHRISTIAN INST)
- WZWW (95.3 FM; BELLEFONTE, PA; Owner: FIRST MEDIA RADIO, LLC)
- WPSU-FM (91.5 FM; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WGMR (101.1 FM; TYRONE, PA; Owner: CARY H. SIMPSON DBA ALLEGHENY MOUNTAIN NETWORK)
- WLTS (94.5 FM; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF PA, LLC)
- W270AG (101.9 FM; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: SALT & LIGHT MEDIA MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WJHT (107.9 FM; PORT MATILDA, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WQJU (107.1 FM; MIFFLINTOWN, PA; Owner: CENTRAL PA CHRISTIAN INSTITUTE, INC.)
- WJRC (90.9 FM; LEWISTOWN, PA; Owner: SALT AND LIGHT MEDIA MINISTRIES, INC)
- WLAK (103.5 FM; HUNTINGDON, PA; Owner: FIRST MEDIA RADIO, LLC)
- WCHX (105.5 FM; LEWISTOWN, PA; Owner: MIFFLIN COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WVNW (96.7 FM; BURNHAM, PA; Owner: WVNW, INC.)
- WXMJ (99.5 FM; MOUNT UNION, PA; Owner: MEGAHERTZ LICENSES, LLC)
- WUBZ-FM (105.9 FM; PHILIPSBURG, PA; Owner: MOSHANNON VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WQWK (97.1 FM; UNIVERSITY PARK, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WQBR (99.9 FM; AVIS, PA; Owner: MAXIMUM IMPACT COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WJUN-FM (92.5 FM; MEXICO, PA; Owner: STARVIEW MEDIA, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Bellefonte:
- W59AI (Channel 59; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: PEAK MEDIA OF PA LICENSEE LLC)
- W13BY (Channel 13; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: GEORGE W. KIMBLE)
- WHVL-LP (Channel 29; STATE COLLEGE, ETC., PA; Owner: CHANNEL COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W36BE (Channel 36; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: NEW YORK TIMES MANAGEMENT SERVICES)
- W39BE (Channel 39; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: NEW YORK TIMES MANAGEMENT SERVICES)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.