Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 9,923. Estimated population in July 2005: 9,810 (-1.1% change)
Males: 4,718 (47.5%), Females: 5,205 (52.5%)
Median resident age: 36.3 years
Median household income: $35,378 (year 2000)
Median house value: $90,100 (year 2000)
Bristol, PA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Bristol:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (78.0%)
- Hispanic (11.5%)
- Black (8.8%)
- Other race (4.5%)
- Two or more races (2.7%)
- American Indian (0.5%)
Ancestries: Irish (28.1%), Italian (26.9%), German (16.9%), English (6.7%), Polish (6.0%), United States (2.7%).Pennsylvania
Elevation: 20 feet
Land area: 1.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Bristol
- High school or higher: 73.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.4%
- Unemployed: 7.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bristol borough
- Never married: 33.8%
- Now married: 42.2%
- Separated: 3.4%
- Widowed: 9.3%
- Divorced: 11.3%
3.3% Foreign born (1.9% Latin America, 0.6% Europe, 0.4% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: -498 (-4.8%).
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: PA (3.5 miles Levittown, pop. 53,966).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: PA Philadelphia, (21.4 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: NJ (2.1 miles Burlington, PA (3.3 miles Croydon, PA (3.5 miles Levittown, PA (3.7 miles Tullytown, NJ (4.0 miles Florence-Roebling, PA (4.7 miles Hulmeville, Hills, PA Fairless (5.2 miles NJ (5.5 miles Beverly,
Latitude: 40.10 N, Longitude: 74.85 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 609
Bristol, Pennsylvania business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (20.5%), Manufacturing (18.7%), Retail trade (13.3%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,346 (+13.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,061 (23.6%)
Crime in Bristol by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||2 ||1 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||20.2 ||10.1 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||2 ||1 ||2 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||20.2 ||10.1 ||20.2 ||10.1 |
|Robberies ||16 ||14 ||13 ||26 |
| per 100,000 ||161.2 ||141.1 ||131.0 ||262.0 |
|Assaults ||27 ||54 ||38 ||18 |
| per 100,000 ||272.1 ||544.2 ||382.9 ||181.4 |
|Burglaries ||29 ||59 ||58 ||45 |
| per 100,000 ||292.3 ||594.6 ||584.5 ||453.5 |
|Thefts ||245 ||168 ||304 ||319 |
| per 100,000 ||2469.0 ||1693.0 ||3063.6 ||3214.8 |
|Auto thefts ||29 ||32 ||28 ||46 |
| per 100,000 ||292.3 ||322.5 ||282.2 ||463.6 |
| ||273.6 ||300.4 ||310.0 ||316.3 |
Average climate in Bristol, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Bristol-area historical tornado activity is near Pennsylvania state average. It is 1% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/18/1990, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 26.6 miles away from the Bristol city center injured 8 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 5/31/1998, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 7.0 miles away from the city center caused $2 million in damages.
Birthplace of: Joe McEwing - 2005 Major League Baseball player (Kansas City Royals, born: Oct 19, 1972), Poul Anderson - (1926-2001), science fiction writer, Todd Weiner - 2005 NFL player (Atlanta Falcons, born: Sep 16, 1975), Daniel Bursch - astronaut.
Main business address for: STONEMOR PARTNERS LP (SERVICES-PERSONAL SERVICES), JONES APPAREL GROUP INC (WOMEN'S, MISSES', AND JUNIORS OUTERWEAR).
Hospital/medical center in Bristol:
- TEMPLE LOWER BUCKS HOSPITAL (501 BATH ROAD)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Bristol:
- ZURBRUGG MEM HOSP - RANCOCAS VALLEY (about 6 miles; WILLINGBORO, NJ)
- ST MARY MEDICAL CENTER (about 7 miles; LANGHORNE, PA)
- MEMORIAL HOSPITAL-BURLINGTON COUNTY (about 9 miles; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Bristol:
- TRENTON MERCER (about 12 miles; TRENTON, NJ; ID: TTN)
- MC GUIRE AFB (about 20 miles; WRIGHTSTOWN, NJ; ID: WRI)
- PHILADELPHIA INTL (about 32 miles; PHILADELPHIA, PA; ID: PHL)
Other public-use airports nearest to Bristol:
- TOTAL RF (about 7 miles; BENSALEM, PA; ID: 00A)
- NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA (about 11 miles; PHILADELPHIA, PA; ID: PNE)
- SOUTH JERSEY REGIONAL (about 12 miles; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; ID: VAY)
Amtrak station near Bristol:
- 11 miles: TRENTON (72 S. CLINTON AVE.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, car rental agency, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Sewerage ||6 ||$22,761 ||$45,522 ||0 ||$0 |
|Streets and Highways ||7 ||$28,261 ||$48,447 ||1 ||$1,355 |
|Police - Other ||1 ||$2,821 ||$33,852 ||11 ||$9,655 |
|Police Protection - Officers ||10 ||$43,218 ||$51,861 ||8 ||$12,915 |
|Other Government Administration ||2 ||$8,127 ||$48,762 ||2 ||$2,883 |
|Financial Administration ||2 ||$9,155 ||$54,930 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||28 ||$114,343 ||$49,004 ||22 ||$26,809 |College/University in Bristol:
- PENNCO TECH (Full-time enrollment: 325; Location: 3815 OTTER ST; Private, for-profit)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Bristol:
- THOMAS EDISON STATE COLLEGE (about 10 miles; TRENTON, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 3,277)
- THE COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY (about 12 miles; Ewing, NJ; FT enrollment: 6,176)
- BUCKS COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 12 miles; NEWTOWN, PA; FT enrollment: 4,840)
- RIDER UNIVERSITY (about 15 miles; LAWRENCEVILLE, NJ; FT enrollment: 4,201)
- BURLINGTON COUNTY COLLEGE (about 17 miles; PEMBERTON, NJ; FT enrollment: 3,751)
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY-PENN STATE ABINGTON (about 20 miles; ABINGTON, PA; FT enrollment: 2,598)
- LA SALLE UNIVERSITY (about 21 miles; PHILADELPHIA, PA; FT enrollment: 4,176)
Public high school in Bristol:
- BRISTOL HS (Students: 401; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Bristol:
- ROOSEVELT MS (Students: 683; Grades: 06 - 08)
- SNYDER-GIROTTI EL SCH (Students: 668; Grades: PK - 06)
- LAFAYETTE EL SCH (Students: 336; Grades: KG - 05)
- BRISTOL MS (Students: 212; Grades: 07 - 08)
Private primary/middle schools in Bristol:
- ST MARK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 210; Location: 1024 RADCLIFFE STREET; Grades: KG - 8)
- ST ANN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 203; Location: 418 JEFFERSON AVENUE; Grades: KG - 8)
- LOWER BUCKS CHILDRENS CENTER (Students: 60; Location: 501 BATH RD; Grades: PK - KG)
- RADCLIFFE LEARNING CENTER (Students: 53; Location: 1101 RADCLIFFE ST; Grades: PK - KG)
- KINDERCARE LEARNING CTR (Students: 15; Location: 525 NEW RODGERS RD; Grades: KG - KG)
Notable locations in Bristol: Golf Farm Golf Course (A), Bristol Commerce Park (B), Bristol Station (C).
Reservoir: Silver Lake (A).
Bristol compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Bristol:
- WPHT (1210 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WIFI (1460 AM; 5 kW; FLORENCE, NJ; Owner: REAL LIFE BROADCASTING)
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- KYW (1060 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WZZD (990 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WPEN (950 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: GREATER PHILADELPHIA RADIO, INC.)
- WNWR (1540 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBUD (1260 AM; 5 kW; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: MILLENNIUM CENTRAL NEW JERSEY LICENSE HOLDCO, LLC)
- WHWH (1350 AM; 10 kW; PRINCETON, NJ; Owner: MULTICULTURAL RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WTTM (1680 AM; 10 kW; PRINCETON, NJ; Owner: MULTICULTURAL RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WIMG (1300 AM; 3 kW; EWING, NJ; Owner: MORRIS B/C COMPANY OF N. J. INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bristol:
- WTHK (94.5 FM; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: NASSAU BROADCASTING II, L.L.C.)
- WKXW-FM (101.5 FM; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: MILLENNIUM CENTRAL NEW JERSEY LICENSE HOLDCO, LLC)
- WNJT-FM (88.1 FM; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BRD/CST AUTHORITY)
- WPST (97.5 FM; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: NASSAU BROADCASTING II, L.L.C.)
- WPRB (103.3 FM; PRINCETON, NJ; Owner: PRINCETON BROADCASTING SERVICE, INC.)
- WMGK (102.9 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: GREATER PHILADELPHIA RADIO, INC.)
- WMWX (95.7 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: GREATER PHILADELPHIA RADIO, INC.)
- WOGL (98.1 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- W236AF (95.1 FM; BURLINGTON, NJ; Owner: BURLINGTON COUNTY COLLEGE)
- WMMR (93.3 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBEB (101.1 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: WEAZ-FM RADIO, INC.)
- WRTI (90.1 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: TEMPLE UNIV. OF THE COMMONWEALTH, ET)
- WSNI-FM (104.5 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WPHI-FM (103.9 FM; JENKINTOWN, PA; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WLBS (91.7 FM; BRISTOL, PA; Owner: BUX-MONT EDUCATIONAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
- WJJZ (106.1 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WHYY-FM (90.9 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: WHYY, INC.)
- WXTU (92.5 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: WXTU LICENSE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WXPN (88.5 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: TRUSTEES OF THE UNIVERSITY OF PENNA.)
- WYSP (94.1 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Bristol:
- WNJT (Channel 52; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- KYW-TV (Channel 3; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WUVP (Channel 65; VINELAND, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION PHILADELPHIA LLC)
- WPHL-TV (Channel 17; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
- WPSG (Channel 57; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: VIACOM STATIONS GROUP OF PHILADELPHIA INC.)
- WPVI-TV (Channel 6; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WPPX (Channel 61; WILMINGTON, DE; Owner: PAXSON PHILADELPHIA LICENSE, INC.)
- WWJT-LP (Channel 7; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: PHILADELPHIA TELEVISION NETWORK, INC)
- WCAU (Channel 10; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: NBC SUBSIDIARY (WCAU-TV), L.P.)
- WNJN (Channel 50; MONTCLAIR, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC B/CNG AUTHORITY)
- WELL-LP (Channel 8; WILLOW GROVE, ETC., PA; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WGTW (Channel 48; BURLINGTON, NJ; Owner: BRUNSON COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WYBE (Channel 35; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INDEPENDENCE PUBLIC MEDIA OF PHILADELPHIA, INC.)
- WHYY-TV (Channel 12; WILMINGTON, DE; Owner: WHYY, INC.)
- WNJS (Channel 23; CAMDEN, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- WTXF-TV (Channel 29; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: FOX TV STATIONS OF PHILADELPHIA)
- WPSJ-LP (Channel 8; HAMMONTON, ETC., NJ; Owner: ENGLE BROADCASTING)
- WMCN-TV (Channel 53; ATLANTIC CITY, NJ; Owner: LENFEST BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WPHA-LP (Channel 63; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: COMMERCIAL BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WFPA-CA (Channel 28; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- W25AW (Channel 25; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: WZBN TV, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.