Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 8,389. Estimated population in July 2005: 8,149 (-2.9% change)
Males: 3,855 (46.0%), Females: 4,534 (54.0%)
Median resident age: 40.0 years
Median household income: $32,589 (year 2000)
Median house value: $72,500 (year 2000)
Carnegie, PA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Carnegie:
- White Non-Hispanic (90.7%)
- Black (5.6%)
- Two or more races (1.4%)
- Hispanic (1.0%)
- Asian Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (28.1%), Irish (20.9%), Italian (19.8%), Polish (15.1%), English (6.9%), Ukrainian (4.2%).
New! Pennsylvania forum
Elevation: 770 feet
Land area: 1.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Carnegie
- High school or higher: 81.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.7%
- Unemployed: 6.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Carnegie borough
- Never married: 34.5%
- Now married: 42.7%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 11.2%
- Divorced: 9.7%
3.4% Foreign born (2.8% Europe, 0.4% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: -808 (-8.8%).
Pa Real Estate - View Hundreds of PA Homes Search the Newtown PA mls />
Real Estate - Current & Local Home Listings. Find Real Estate In PA. Free! />
Real Estate Homes - List Of Homes For Sale Demographic Property Seach />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: PA Pittsburgh, (7.9 miles www.e-agent.biz )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (340.7 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Farms, PA (1.0 miles Rosslyn PA (1.1 miles Heidelberg, Township, PA (1.2 miles Scott Village, PA (1.7 miles Pennsbury PA (1.9 miles Thornburg, PA (2.3 miles Crafton, Tree, PA (2.6 miles Green PA (3.0 miles Ingram,
Latitude: 40.41 N, Longitude: 80.09 W
Carnegie, Pennsylvania business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (17.6%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (11.3%), Manufacturing (11.0%), Retail trade (10.9%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (10.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +332 (+4.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 518 (12.5%)
Crime in Carnegie by Year
|Type ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||0 ||2 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||23.8 ||0.0 |
|Robberies ||13 ||8 ||8 |
| per 100,000 ||155.0 ||95.4 ||95.4 |
|Assaults ||6 ||15 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||71.5 ||178.8 ||47.7 |
|Burglaries ||31 ||47 ||27 |
| per 100,000 ||369.5 ||560.3 ||321.9 |
|Thefts ||165 ||174 ||174 |
| per 100,000 ||1966.9 ||2074.1 ||2074.1 |
|Auto thefts ||25 ||21 ||24 |
| per 100,000 ||298.0 ||250.3 ||286.1 |
| ||189.2 ||216.1 ||166.5 |
Average climate in Carnegie, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Carnegie-area historical tornado activity is near Pennsylvania state average. It is 8% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/3/1980, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 29.7 miles away from the Carnegie city center injured 140 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 8/3/1963, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 15.4 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and injured 70 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Steve Profeta - College basketball player (St. Francis (PA) Red Flash).
Hospitals/medical centers near Carnegie:
- ST CLAIR MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 3 miles; PITTSBURGH, PA)
- MAYVIEW STATE HOSPITAL (about 5 miles; BRIDGEVILLE, PA)
- OHIO VALLEY GENL HOSP (about 5 miles; MCKEES ROCKS, PA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Carnegie:
- PITTSBURGH INTERNATIONAL (about 11 miles; PITTSBURGH, PA; ID: PIT)
- ALLEGHENY COUNTY (about 13 miles; PITTSBURGH, PA; ID: AGC)
- ARNOLD PALMER REGIONAL (about 49 miles; LATROBE, PA; ID: LBE)
Other public-use airports nearest to Carnegie:
- FINLEYVILLE AIRPARK (about 14 miles; FINLEYVILLE, PA; ID: G05)
- BANDEL (about 20 miles; EIGHTY FOUR, PA; ID: 22D)
- LAKEHILL (about 21 miles; MARS, PA; ID: P09)
Amtrak station near Carnegie:
- 7 miles: PITTSBURGH (1100 LIBERTY AVE.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, ATM, free short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Police - Other ||3 ||$6,153 ||$24,612 ||5 ||$1,497 |
|Streets and Highways ||9 ||$25,897 ||$34,529 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other Government Administration ||6 ||$14,194 ||$28,388 ||0 ||$0 |
|Police Protection - Officers ||13 ||$55,372 ||$51,112 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||31 ||$101,616 ||$39,335 ||5 ||$1,497 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Carnegie:
- UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH-MAIN CAMPUS (about 5 miles; PITTSBURGH, PA; Full-time enrollment: 22,930)
- DUQUESNE UNIVERSITY (about 5 miles; PITTSBURGH, PA; FT enrollment: 8,199)
- COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF ALLEGHENY COUNTY (about 6 miles; PITTSBURGH, PA; FT enrollment: 9,058)
- POINT PARK COLLEGE (about 8 miles; PITTSBURGH, PA; FT enrollment: 2,189)
- ART INSTITUTE PITTSBURGH (about 8 miles; PITTSBURGH, PA; FT enrollment: 2,246)
- ROBERT MORRIS COLLEGE (about 10 miles; MOON TOWNSHIP, PA; FT enrollment: 3,426)
- CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY (about 10 miles; PITTSBURGH, PA; FT enrollment: 7,903)
Public high school in Carnegie:
- CARLYNTON JSHS (Students: 829; Grades: 07 - 12)
Public primary/middle school in Carnegie:
- CARNEGIE EL SCH (Students: 433; Grades: KG - 06)
Private primary/middle school in Carnegie:
- ST ELIZABETH ANN SETON (Students: 126; Location: 316 THIRD AVENUE; Grades: PK - 8)
Libraries in Carnegie:
- SCOTT TOWNSHIP PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $246,331; Location: 301 LINDSAY ROAD; 13,270 books; 343 audio materials; 452 video materials; 35 serial subscriptions)
- ANDREW CARNEGIE FREE LIBRARY (Operating income: $195,435; Location: 300 BEECHWOOD AVE; 34,562 books; 630 audio materials; 580 video materials; 75 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Campbells Run (A).
Park in Carnegie: Carnegle Park (1).
Carnegie compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Carnegie:
- WZUM (1590 AM; 4 kW; CARNEGIE, PA; Owner: HORVATH BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- KDKA (1020 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WPIT (730 AM; 5 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WWCS (540 AM; 5 kW; CANONSBURG, PA; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBGG (970 AM; 5 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WEAE (1250 AM; 5 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- KQV (1410 AM; 5 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: CALVARY, INC.)
- WPTT (1360 AM; 5 kW; MCKEESPORT, PA; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF NEVADA)
- WJAS (1320 AM; 6 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORP. OF NEVADA)
- WWVA (1170 AM; 53 kW; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WAMO (860 AM; 1 kW; MILLVALE, PA; Owner: SHERIDAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WPGR (1510 AM; 5 kW; MONROEVILLE, PA; Owner: MCL/ MCM- INC.)
- WKHB (620 AM; 6 kW; IRWIN, PA; Owner: BROADCAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Carnegie:
- WSHH (99.7 FM; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: RENDA B/CING CORP. OF NEVADA)
- WBZZ (93.7 FM; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- WWSW-FM (94.5 FM; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WLTJ (92.9 FM; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: WPNT, INC.)
- WDVE (102.5 FM; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WDSY-FM (107.9 FM; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- WJJJ (104.7 FM; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WDUQ (90.5 FM; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: DUQUESNE UNIVERSITY)
- WQED-FM (89.3 FM; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: WQED MULTIMEDIA)
- WORD-FM (101.5 FM; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WKST-FM (96.1 FM; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WOGI (98.3 FM; DUQUESNE, PA; Owner: KEYMARKET LICENSES, LLC)
- WPTS-FM (92.1 FM; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: UNIV. OF PITTSBURGH COMMONWEALTH SYS)
- WRRK (96.9 FM; BRADDOCK, PA; Owner: WPNT INC)
- WXDX-FM (105.9 FM; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WZPT (100.7 FM; NEW KENSINGTON, PA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- WYEP-FM (91.3 FM; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: PITTSBURGH COMM. B/CING. CORP.)
- WOGF (104.3 FM; EAST LIVERPOOL, OH; Owner: KEYMARKET LICENSES, LLC)
- WJPA-FM (95.3 FM; WASHINGTON, PA; Owner: WASHINGTON BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WOGH (103.5 FM; BURGETTSTOWN, PA; Owner: KEYMARKET LICENSES, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Carnegie:
- WPXI (Channel 11; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: WPXI-TV HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KDKA-TV (Channel 2; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WBGN-LP (Channel 59; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: BRUNO GOODWORTH NETWORK, INC.)
- WPTG-LP (Channel 69; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: ABACUS TELEVISION)
- WQEX (Channel 16; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: WQED MULTIMEDIA)
- WPGH-TV (Channel 53; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: WPGH LICENSEE, LLC)
- W63AU (Channel 63; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: THE BON-TELE NETWORK, INC.)
- WBPA-LP (Channel 29; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: VENTURE TECHNOLOGIES GROUP, LLC)
- W65CG (Channel 65; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WQED (Channel 13; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: WQED MULTIMEDIA)
- W61CC (Channel 61; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: THE VIDEOHOUSE, INC.)
- WIIC-LP (Channel 29; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: ABACUS TELEVISION)
- WBYD-CA (Channel 35; JOHNSTOWN, PA; Owner: BENJAMIN PEREZ)
- WTOV-TV (Channel 9; STEUBENVILLE, OH; Owner: WTOV-TV HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WTAE-TV (Channel 4; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: WTAE HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC. (CA CORP.))
- WPCB-TV (Channel 40; GREENSBURG, PA; Owner: CORNERSTONE TELEVISION, INC.)
- WCWB (Channel 22; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: WCWB LICENSEE, LLC)
- W66BQ (Channel 66; BEAVER, PA; Owner: BRUNO-GOODWORTH NETWORK, INC.)
- W20AN (Channel 20; WASHINGTON, PA; Owner: TURNPIKE TELEVISION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.