Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,834. Estimated population in July 2005: 6,548 (-4.2% change)
Males: 3,207 (46.9%), Females: 3,627 (53.1%)
Median resident age: 36.5 years
Median household income: $30,967 (year 2000)
Median house value: $55,100 (year 2000)
Corry, PA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Corry:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.8%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- Hispanic (0.9%)
- American Indian (0.8%)
Ancestries: German (23.7%), Irish (12.8%), English (11.3%), United States (10.6%), Polish (9.1%), Swedish (5.2%).
New! Pennsylvania forum
Elevation: 1428 feet
Land area: 6.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Corry
- High school or higher: 79.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.4%
- Unemployed: 8.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Corry city
- Never married: 23.6%
- Now married: 54.0%
- Separated: 2.6%
- Widowed: 10.0%
- Divorced: 9.9%
0.7% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -353 (-4.9%).
a House in PA - Real Estate Agents Compete for your Business. Free - Easy />
in Erie PA - Apartment Search at Rent.com. Report Your Lease To Us & Get $100! />
Real Estate Homes - List Of Homes For Sale Demographic Property Seach />
Pa Hotels - Price Guarantee on OrbitzSaver Hotels. Book Now! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: PA Erie, (32.7 miles pop. 103,717).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY Buffalo, (86.9 miles pop. 292,648).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (336.4 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: NY (6.7 miles Clymer, PA (7.3 miles Elgin, PA Spartansburg, (7.8 miles Bear Lake, PA (10.4 miles) , Creek, NY (10.8 miles French PA (12.8 miles Wattsburg, City, PA (14.2 miles Union NY (14.6 miles Mina,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 2 buildings, average cost: $37,500
- 1997: 3 buildings, average cost: $78,300
- 1998: 4 buildings, average cost: $56,700
- 1999: 4 buildings, average cost: $120,000
- 2000: 9 buildings, average cost: $105,800
- 2001: 4 buildings, average cost: $66,000
- 2002: 4 buildings, average cost: $66,000
- 2003: 4 buildings, average cost: $66,000
- 2004: 5 buildings, average cost: $66,000
- 2005: 1 building, cost: $73,900
Latitude: 41.92 N, Longitude: 79.64 W
Area code: 814
Corry, Pennsylvania business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (37.1%), Educational,health and social services (19.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,187 (+32.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,856 (65.9%)
Crime in Corry by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||6 ||7 ||4 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||87.8 ||102.4 ||58.5 ||0.0 |
|Robberies ||2 ||2 ||2 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||29.3 ||29.3 ||29.3 ||14.6 |
|Assaults ||12 ||34 ||39 ||40 |
| per 100,000 ||175.6 ||497.5 ||570.7 ||585.3 |
|Burglaries ||23 ||24 ||23 ||17 |
| per 100,000 ||336.6 ||351.2 ||336.6 ||248.8 |
|Thefts ||91 ||96 ||61 ||97 |
| per 100,000 ||1331.6 ||1404.7 ||892.6 ||1419.4 |
|Auto thefts ||6 ||2 ||7 ||5 |
| per 100,000 ||87.8 ||29.3 ||102.4 ||73.2 |
| ||162.9 ||232.4 ||213.8 ||201.5 |
Average climate in Corry, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Corry-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Pennsylvania state average. It is 14% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/31/1985, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 16.9 miles away from the Corry city center .
On 5/31/1985, a category 4 tornado 26.0 miles away from the city center killed 7 people and injured 30 people.
Hospital/medical center in Corry:
- CORRY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (612 W SMITH ST)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Corry:
- TITUSVILLE HOSP (about 22 miles; TITUSVILLE, PA)
- WESTFIELD MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 29 miles; WESTFIELD, NY)
- WOMANS CHRISTIAN ASSOC HOSPITAL (about 30 miles; JAMESTOWN, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Corry:
- CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY/JAMESTOWN (about 32 miles; JAMESTOWN, NY; ID: JHW)
- ERIE INTL/TOM RIDGE FIELD (about 38 miles; ERIE, PA; ID: ERI)
- VENANGO REGIONAL (about 42 miles; FRANKLIN, PA; ID: FKL)
Other public-use airports nearest to Corry:
- CORRY-LAWRENCE (about 2 miles; CORRY, PA; ID: 8G2)
- PRATT'S EASTERN DIVIDE (about 16 miles; SHERMAN, NY; ID: D88)
- ERIE COUNTY (about 17 miles; WATTSBURG, PA; ID: 3G1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Corry:
- NORTHWEST PENNSYLVANIA TECHNICAL INSTITUTE (about 29 miles; ERIE, PA; Full-time enrollment: 3,304)
- JAMESTOWN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 30 miles; JAMESTOWN, NY; FT enrollment: 2,662)
- EDINBORO UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 35 miles; EDINBORO, PA; FT enrollment: 6,631)
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIV-PENN ST ERIE-BEHREND COLL (about 35 miles; ERIE, PA; FT enrollment: 3,481)
- MERCYHURST COLLEGE (about 35 miles; ERIE, PA; FT enrollment: 2,824)
- GANNON UNIVERSITY (about 35 miles; ERIE, PA; FT enrollment: 2,766)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT FREDONIA (about 41 miles; FREDONIA, NY; FT enrollment: 4,758)
Public high school in Corry:
- CORRY AREA MS/HS (Students: 1,208; Grades: 07 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Corry:
- WRIGHT EL SCH (Students: 306; Grades: KG - 06)
- COLUMBUS EL SCH (Students: 281; Grades: KG - 06)
- CONCORD EL SCH (Students: 276; Grades: KG - 06)
- CONELWAY EL SCH (Students: 276; Grades: KG - 06)
- CORRY AREA MS (Grades: N - N )
Private primary/middle school in Corry:
- ST THOMAS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 167; Location: 229 WEST WASHINGTON ST; Grades: PK - 8)
Library in Corry:
- CORRY PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $234,504; Location: 117 W WASHINGTON ST; 47,780 books; 792 audio materials; 1,012 video materials; 121 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Notable locations in Corry: Corry Country Club (A), North Hills Municipal Golf Course (B).
Cemetery: Pine Grove Cemetery (1).
Creek: Bear Creek (A).
Park in Corry: Mead Park (1).
Corry compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Corry:
- WWCB (1370 AM; 1 kW; CORRY, PA; Owner: CORRY COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WWKB (1520 AM; 50 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- KDKA (1020 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WFNN (1330 AM; 5 kW; ERIE, PA; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WRIE (1260 AM; 5 kW; ERIE, PA; Owner: REGENT LICENSEE OF ERIE, INC.)
- WNAE (1310 AM; 5 kW; WARREN, PA; Owner: KINZUA BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKNR (850 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTAM (1100 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WWVA (1170 AM; 53 kW; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WHK (1220 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHAM (1180 AM; 50 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WTIV (1230 AM; 1 kW; TITUSVILLE, PA; Owner: FOREVER BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WGR (550 AM; 5 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Corry:
- WCTL (106.3 FM; UNION CITY, PA; Owner: INSPIRATION TIME, INC.)
- WRKT (100.9 FM; NORTH EAST, PA; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WKZA (106.9 FM; LAKEWOOD, NY; Owner: CROSS COUNTRY COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WWSE (93.3 FM; JAMESTOWN, NY; Owner: MEDIA ONE GROUP, LLC)
- WRTS (103.7 FM; ERIE, PA; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WMCE (88.5 FM; ERIE, PA; Owner: MERCYHURST COLLEGE)
- WXKC (99.9 FM; ERIE, PA; Owner: REGENT LICENSEE OF ERIE, INC.)
- WUBJ (88.1 FM; JAMESTOWN, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- WFGO (94.7 FM; ERIE, PA; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WQHZ (102.3 FM; ERIE, PA; Owner: REGENT LICENSEE OF ERIE, INC.)
- WBKX (96.5 FM; FREDONIA, NY; Owner: CHADWICK BAY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXXO (104.5 FM; CAMBRIDGE SPRINGS, PA; Owner: FOREVER BROADCASTING, LLC)
- W205BA (88.9 FM; JAMESTOWN, NY; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WQLN-FM (91.3 FM; ERIE, PA; Owner: PUBLIC B/C OF NW PENN. INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Corry:
- WICU-TV (Channel 12; ERIE, PA; Owner: SJL OF PENNSYLVANIA, INC.)
- WJET-TV (Channel 24; ERIE, PA; Owner: NEXSTAR BROADCASTING OF ERIE, L.L.C.)
- WSEE-TV (Channel 35; ERIE, PA; Owner: INITIAL BROADCASTING OF PENNSYLVANIA LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- WQLN (Channel 54; ERIE, PA; Owner: PUBLIC B/C OF NW PENN. INC.)
- WFXP (Channel 66; ERIE, PA; Owner: MISSION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNYB (Channel 26; JAMESTOWN, NY; Owner: FAITH BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- W46BA (Channel 46; JAMESTOWN, NY; Owner: WESTERN NEW YORK PUBLIC B/CING.ASSN.)
- W62AD (Channel 62; CLYMER, NY; Owner: WESTERN NEW YORK PUBLIC B/CING.ASSN.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.