Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 8,123. Estimated population in July 2005: 7,838 (-3.5% change)
Males: 3,784 (46.6%), Females: 4,339 (53.4%)
Median resident age: 38.5 years
Median household income: $27,748 (year 2000)
Median house value: $54,000 (year 2000)
DuBois, PA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in DuBois:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.8%)
- Two or more races (0.8%)
Ancestries: German (26.9%), Italian (15.9%), Irish (11.1%), Polish (9.1%), English (8.9%), United States (6.0%).
New! Pennsylvania forum
Land area: 3.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in DuBois
- High school or higher: 86.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.0%
- Unemployed: 5.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 15.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in DuBois city
- Never married: 26.1%
- Now married: 48.5%
- Separated: 2.6%
- Widowed: 12.2%
- Divorced: 10.7%
1.1% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -248 (-3.0%).
Real Estate Homes - List Of Homes For Sale Demographic Property Seach />
a House in PA - Real Estate Agents Compete for your Business. Free - Easy />
Pa Hotels - From $71. See ORBITZ Low Price Guarantee. Book Now! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: PA Pittsburgh, (95.8 miles pop. 334,563).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (260.4 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: PA (1.1 miles Sandy, Creek, PA (3.3 miles Falls Lake, PA Treasure (4.3 miles PA (6.3 miles Sykesville, PA (6.9 miles Troutville, PA (8.8 miles Reynoldsville, PA (9.0 miles Brockway, Run, PA (13.1 miles Big
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 14 buildings, average cost: $64,100
- 1997: 6 buildings, average cost: $84,500
- 1998: 5 buildings, average cost: $102,400
- 1999: 1 building, cost: $103,000
- 2000: 6 buildings, average cost: $96,300
- 2001: 7 buildings, average cost: $96,300
- 2002: 11 buildings, average cost: $62,200
- 2003: 6 buildings, average cost: $137,900
- 2004: 9 buildings, average cost: $123,400
- 2005: 15 buildings, average cost: $133,500
Latitude: 41.12 N, Longitude: 78.76 W
DuBois, Pennsylvania business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (21.1%), Retail trade (18.2%), Manufacturing (15.2%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (10.8%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +5,374 (+66.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,879 (52.2%)
Average climate in DuBois, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
DuBois-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Pennsylvania state average. It is 30% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/31/1985, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 7.5 miles away from the DuBois city center caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 5/31/1985, a category 4 tornado 25.6 miles away from the city center killed 7 people and injured 30 people.
Birthplace of: Sparky Lyle.
Hospital/medical center in DuBois:
- DUBOIS REGNL MED CNTR (PO BOX 447 MAPLE AVE & 100 HOSP AV)
Other hospitals/medical centers near DuBois:
- PUNXSUTAWNEY AREA HOSPITAL (about 19 miles; PUNXSUTAWNEY, PA)
- BROOKVILLE HOSPITAL (about 22 miles; BROOKVILLE, PA)
- CLEARFIELD HOSP (about 24 miles; CLEARFIELD, PA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to DuBois:
- DU BOIS-JEFFERSON COUNTY (about 9 miles; DU BOIS, PA; ID: DUJ)
- BRADFORD REGIONAL (about 48 miles; BRADFORD, PA; ID: BFD)
- JOHN MURTHA JOHNSTOWN-CAMBRIA CO (about 57 miles; JOHNSTOWN, PA; ID: JST)
Other public-use airports nearest to DuBois:
- PUNXSUTAWNEY MUNI (about 16 miles; PUNXSUTAWNEY, PA; ID: N35)
- CLEARFIELD-LAWRENCE (about 26 miles; CLEARFIELD, PA; ID: FIG)
- ST MARYS MUNI (about 27 miles; ST MARYS, PA; ID: OYM)
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Financial Administration ||5 ||$7,811 ||$18,746 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other Government Administration ||4 ||$12,049 ||$36,147 ||0 ||$0 |
|Police Protection - Officers ||10 ||$38,045 ||$45,654 ||3 ||$5,367 |
|Police - Other ||4 ||$9,799 ||$29,397 ||9 ||$3,219 |
|Streets and Highways ||9 ||$24,947 ||$33,262 ||0 ||$0 |
|Solid Waste Management ||1 ||$3,144 ||$37,728 ||0 ||$0 |
|Sewerage ||9 ||$27,192 ||$36,256 ||0 ||$0 |
|Water Supply ||13 ||$38,734 ||$35,754 ||0 ||$0 |
|Parks and Recreation ||1 ||$3,011 ||$36,132 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||56 ||$164,733 ||$35,299 ||12 ||$8,586 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to DuBois:
- INDIANA UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA-MAIN CAMPUS (about 42 miles; INDIANA, PA; Full-time enrollment: 12,307)
- CLARION UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 43 miles; CLARION, PA; FT enrollment: 5,690)
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY-PENN STATE ALTOONA (about 48 miles; ALTOONA, PA; FT enrollment: 3,516)
- UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH-JOHNSTOWN (about 58 miles; JOHNSTOWN, PA; FT enrollment: 2,851)
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 66 miles; UNIVERSITY PARK, PA; FT enrollment: 38,248)
- JAMESTOWN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 75 miles; JAMESTOWN, NY; FT enrollment: 2,662)
- SAINT BONAVENTURE UNIVERSITY (about 80 miles; ST BONAVENTURE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,538)
Library in DuBois:
- DUBOIS PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $253,991; Location: 31 S BRADY ST; 46,742 books; 2,118 audio materials; 1,059 video materials; 129 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Churches in DuBois include: Saint Michaels Church (A), Bethany Church (B).
Cemeteries: Rumbarger Cemetery (1), Saint Catherines Cemetery (2).
Lake: Juniata Lake (A).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Reisinger Run (A), Clear Run (B), Pentz Run (C), Beaver Run (D), Juniata Run (E).
DuBois compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in DuBois:
- WCED (1420 AM; 5 kW; DU BOIS, PA; Owner: VOX ALLEGANY, LLC)
- WECZ (1540 AM; daytime; 5 kW; PUNXSUTAWNEY, PA)
- KDKA (1020 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCPA (900 AM; 3 kW; CLEARFIELD, PA; Owner: CLEARFIELD BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- WCCS (1160 AM; 10 kW; HOMER CITY, PA; Owner: RENDA RADIO, INC.)
- WLYE (850 AM; 10 kW; JOHNSTOWN, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF JOHNSTOWN, INC.)
- WWKB (1520 AM; 50 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WPHB (1260 AM; 5 kW; PHILIPSBURG, PA)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WHAM (1180 AM; 50 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WWVA (1170 AM; 53 kW; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WVSC (990 AM; 10 kW; SOMERSET, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF JOHNSTOWN, INC.)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in DuBois:
- W221BD (92.1 FM; DU BOIS, PA; Owner: THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WOWQ (102.1 FM; DU BOIS, PA; Owner: FIRST MEDIA RADIO, LLC)
- WDBA (107.3 FM; DU BOIS, PA; Owner: DU BOIS AREA BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WOKW (102.9 FM; CURWENSVILLE, PA; Owner: RAYMARK BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WQYX (93.1 FM; CLEARFIELD, PA; Owner: CLEARFIELD BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- WDSN (106.5 FM; REYNOLDSVILLE, PA; Owner: PRIORITY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WJNG (100.5 FM; JOHNSONBURG, PA; Owner: STRATTAN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKBI-FM (93.9 FM; ST. MARYS, PA; Owner: THE ELK-CAMERON BROADCASTING CO.)
- WDDH (97.5 FM; ST. MARYS, PA; Owner: LAUREL MEDIA, INC.)
- WMAJ-FM (104.9 FM; HOLLIDAYSBURG, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF PA, LLC)
- WMKX (105.5 FM; BROOKVILLE, PA; Owner: STRATTAN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WYTR (103.3 FM; BROOKVILLE, PA; Owner: RENDA RADIO, INC.)
- W294AE (106.7 FM; ALTOONA, PA; Owner: THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WPSB (90.1 FM; KANE, PA; Owner: THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WPRR (100.1 FM; ALTOONA, PA; Owner: VITAL LICENSES, LLC)
- WFGY (98.1 FM; ALTOONA, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF PA, LLC)
- WKYE-FM1 (95.5 FM; JOHNSTOWN, PA; Owner: WINSTON RADIO CORPORATION)
- WALY (103.9 FM; BELLWOOD, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF JOHNSTOWN, INC.)
- WPCL (97.3 FM; NORTHERN CAMBRIA, PA; Owner: HE'S ALIVE INCORPORATED)
- WPXZ-FM (104.1 FM; PUNXSUTAWNEY, PA; Owner: RENDA RADIO, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around DuBois:
- WPSX-TV (Channel 3; CLEARFIELD, PA; Owner: THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.