Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 8,782
Males: 4,056 (46.2%), Females: 4,726 (53.8%)
Median resident age: 46.1 years
Median household income: $48,689 (year 2000)
Median house value: $114,300 (year 2000)
East York, PA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in East York:
- White Non-Hispanic (93.7%)
- Black (1.5%)
- Hispanic (1.3%)
- Asian Indian (0.8%)
- Two or more races (0.7%)
- Other race (0.6%)
- Vietnamese (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (39.9%), Irish (13.6%), English (10.0%), United States (7.0%), Italian (5.8%), Polish (3.8%).
New! York, Pennsylvania forum
Elevation: 400 feet
Land area: 2.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in East York
- High school or higher: 86.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 29.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 9.3%
- Unemployed: 3.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 19.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in East York CDP
- Never married: 17.8%
- Now married: 62.4%
- Separated: 0.4%
- Widowed: 10.2%
- Divorced: 9.2%
3.8% Foreign born (2.0% Asia, 1.5% Europe).
Real Estate - Source For PA Real Estate. View Listings & More Here Today! />
PA Foreclosure - 1000s of Dollars, Free list of Foreclosure, Fixer & Distress Homes />
Real Estate - Current & Local Home Listings. Find Real Estate In PA. Free! />
Housing & Rentals - student housing Furnished Bedrooms Blairsville, PA />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: PA Lancaster, (26.1 miles www.PAForeclosureHomes.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MD Baltimore, (45.9 miles pop. 651,154).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (105.3 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: View, PA (1.9 miles Valley PA (2.5 miles Stonybrook-Wilshire, Manor-Yorklyn, PA (2.6 miles Springetts Run-Queens Gate, PA (2.7 miles Tyler PA (3.5 miles York, York, PA (3.7 miles North PA (3.9 miles Spry, PA (4.0 miles Grantley,
Latitude: 39.97 N, Longitude: 76.68 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 717
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (20.3%), Educational,health and social services (19.2%), Retail trade (12.8%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,659 (+30.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 611 (15.0%)
Average climate in East York, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
East York-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Pennsylvania state average. It is 38% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/5/1952, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 3.2 miles away from the East York city center injured 4 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 7/14/2004, a category 3 tornado 22.6 miles away from the city center caused $18 million in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near East York:
- MEMORIAL HOSPITAL YORK (about 3 miles; YORK, PA)
- YORK HOSPITAL (about 7 miles; YORK, PA)
- HEALTHSOUTH REHABILITATION HOSP YORK (about 7 miles; YORK, PA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to East York:
- HARRISBURG INTERNATIONAL (about 16 miles; HARRISBURG, PA; ID: MDT)
- LANCASTER (about 30 miles; LANCASTER, PA; ID: LNS)
- BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON INTL (about 56 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: BWI)
Other public-use airports nearest to East York:
- DONEGAL SPRINGS AIRPARK (about 12 miles; MOUNT JOY/MARIETTA, PA; ID: N71)
- SHOESTRING AVIATION AIRFIELD (about 14 miles; STEWARTSTOWN, PA; ID: 0P2)
- YORK (about 14 miles; YORK, PA; ID: THV)
Amtrak stations near East York:
- 14 miles: ELIZABETHTOWN (WILSON AVE.). Services: public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
- 16 miles: MOUNT JOY (DELTA & HENRY STS.). Services: public payphones, free short-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to East York:
- YORK COLLEGE PENNSYLVANIA (about 7 miles; YORK, PA; Full-time enrollment: 4,541)
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY-PENN ST HARRISBURG (about 17 miles; MIDDLETOWN, PA; FT enrollment: 2,064)
- MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 23 miles; MILLERSVILLE, PA; FT enrollment: 6,384)
- MESSIAH COLLEGE (about 26 miles; GRANTHAM, PA; FT enrollment: 2,761)
- HARRISBURG AREA COMMUNITY COLLEGE-HARRISBURG (about 27 miles; HARRISBURG, PA; FT enrollment: 4,653)
- WESTERN MARYLAND COLLEGE (about 36 miles; WESTMINSTER, MD; FT enrollment: 2,245)
- MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 37 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 5,564)
| || |
Notable location: Tilden (A).
Shopping Centers: York Mall (1), York County Shopping Center (2), Village Green Shopping Center (3), Haines Acres Shopping Center (4).
Churches in East York include: Saint Johns Church (A), Longstown Church (B).
East York compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in East York:
- WSBA (910 AM; 5 kW; YORK, PA; Owner: WSBA LICO, INC.)
- WQXA (1250 AM; 1 kW; YORK, PA)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WOYK (1350 AM; 5 kW; YORK, PA; Owner: WOYK, INC.)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WWLG (1370 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: M-10 BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTHM (1440 AM; 1 kW; RED LION, PA; Owner: PIONEER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WHP (580 AM; 5 kW; HARRISBURG, PA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in East York:
- WQXA-FM (105.7 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WROZ (101.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WARM-FM (103.3 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: WSBA LICO, INC.)
- WSOX (96.1 FM; RED LION, PA; Owner: LANCASTER-YORK BROADCASTING, LLC)
- W220BX (91.9 FM; MARIETTA, PA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- WHBO (92.7 FM; STARVIEW, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCAT-FM (106.7 FM; HERSHEY, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WYCR (98.5 FM; YORK-HANOVER, PA; Owner: RADIO HANOVER, INC.)
- WGTY (107.7 FM; GETTYSBURG, PA; Owner: TIMES AND NEWS PUBLISHING COMPANY)
- WITF-FM (89.5 FM; HARRISBURG, PA; Owner: WITF, INC.)
- WTPA (93.5 FM; MECHANICSBURG, PA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WLAN-FM (96.9 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- W214AC (90.7 FM; YORK, ETC., PA; Owner: TEMPLE UNIVERSITY, ETC.)
- WRVV (97.3 FM; HARRISBURG, PA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- W204AG (88.7 FM; YORK, ETC., PA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WHKF (99.3 FM; HARRISBURG, PA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WDAC (94.5 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WDAC RADIO COMPANY)
- WWMX (106.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WIOV-FM (105.1 FM; EPHRATA, PA; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF LANCASTER, INC.)
- WNNK-FM (104.1 FM; HARRISBURG, PA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
TV broadcast stations around East York:
- WPMT (Channel 43; YORK, PA; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
- WGAL (Channel 8; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WGAL HEARST-ARGYLE TELEVISION, INC.)
- W23AY (Channel 23; YORK, PA; Owner: WIRELESS CABLE TV OF PA, INC.)
- WGCB-TV (Channel 49; RED LION, PA; Owner: RED LION BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WLYH-TV (Channel 15; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: TELEVISION STATION GROUP LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- WMPB (Channel 67; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WBAL-TV (Channel 11; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WBAL HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC. (CA CORP.))
- WMAR-TV (Channel 2; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: SCRIPPS HOWARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBFF (Channel 45; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CHESAPEAKE TELEVISION LICENSEE, LLC)
- WNUV (Channel 54; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE (WNUV-TV) LICENSEE, INC.)
- WITF-TV (Channel 33; HARRISBURG, PA; Owner: WITF, INC.)
- WJZ-TV (Channel 13; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WHTM-TV (Channel 27; HARRISBURG, PA; Owner: HARRISBURG TELEVISION, INC.)
- WHP-TV (Channel 21; HARRISBURG, PA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.