Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 8,994. Estimated population in July 2005: 8,654 (-3.8% change)
Males: 4,211 (46.8%), Females: 4,783 (53.2%)
Median resident age: 41.5 years
Median household income: $33,268 (year 2000)
Median house value: $77,200 (year 2000)
Latrobe, PA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Latrobe:
- White Non-Hispanic (98.5%)
Ancestries: German (30.5%), Italian (19.8%), Irish (16.2%), Polish (9.6%), Slovak (7.9%), English (7.2%).
New! Pennsylvania forum
Elevation: 1020 feet
Land area: 2.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Latrobe
- High school or higher: 86.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.9%
- Unemployed: 4.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 19.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Latrobe city
- Never married: 23.9%
- Now married: 52.7%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 11.4%
- Divorced: 10.0%
0.8% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -493 (-5.2%).
Real Estate- - featured real estate listings, condos, land, and homes for sale. />
Real Estate Broomall - Source For PA Real Estate. View Listings & More Here Today! />
Homes - Your New Home - View Floor Plans & Elevations - Request Info! />
Real Estate - free for homes in Livermore Community & school info. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: PA Pittsburgh, (41.9 miles www.khov.com )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (291.9 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: PA (1.4 miles McChesneytown-Loyalhanna, Heights, PA (1.5 miles Lawson PA (2.6 miles Youngstown, PA (5.6 miles Derry, Alexandria, PA (6.4 miles New PA (6.9 miles Crabtree, PA (10.4 miles Calumet-Norvelt, PA Ligonier, (11.0 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2000: 0 buildings
- 2001: 1 building, cost: $75,000
- 2002: 0 buildings
- 2003: 1 building, cost: $70,000
- 2004: 4 buildings, average cost: $86,400
- 2005: 0 buildings
Latitude: 40.31 N, Longitude: 79.38 W
Area code: 724
Latrobe, Pennsylvania business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (23.5%), Manufacturing (21.1%), Retail trade (14.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +5,925 (+65.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,534 (40.2%)
Crime in Latrobe (2004):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 2 rapes (22.8 per 100,000)
- 3 robberies (34.2 per 100,000)
- 27 assaults (307.7 per 100,000)
- 22 burglaries (250.7 per 100,000)
- 182 thefts (2073.8 per 100,000)
- 12 auto thefts (136.7 per 100,000) crime index = 187.7 (higher means more crime, US average = 315.1)
Average climate in Latrobe, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Latrobe-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Pennsylvania state average. It is 15% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/3/1980, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 20.1 miles away from the Latrobe city center injured 140 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 6/2/1998, a category 4 tornado 21.4 miles away from the city center injured 5 people and caused $6 million in damages.
Birthplace of: Fred Rogers - (1928-2003), Presbyterian minister known for "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" children's television show.
Main business address for: COMMERCIAL NATIONAL FINANCIAL CORP /PA (STATE COMMERCIAL BANKS), KENNAMETAL INC (MACHINE TOOLS, METAL CUTTING TYPES).
Hospital/medical center in Latrobe:
- LATROBE AREA HOSPITAL (121 WEST 2ND AVENUE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Latrobe:
- SELECT SPECIALTY HOSPITAL OF GREENSBRG (about 12 miles; GREENSBURG, PA)
- WESTMORELAND REGIONAL HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; GREENSBURG, PA)
- TORRANCE STATE HOSP (about 13 miles; TORRANCE, PA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Latrobe:
- ARNOLD PALMER REGIONAL (about 4 miles; LATROBE, PA; ID: LBE)
- ALLEGHENY COUNTY (about 38 miles; PITTSBURGH, PA; ID: AGC)
- JOHN MURTHA JOHNSTOWN-CAMBRIA CO (about 38 miles; JOHNSTOWN, PA; ID: JST)
Other public-use airports nearest to Latrobe:
- GREENSBURG JEANNETTE REGIONAL (about 16 miles; JEANNETTE, PA; ID: 5G8)
- MOUNT PLEASANT/SCOTTDALE (about 19 miles; MOUNT PLEASANT, PA; ID: P45)
- W.P.H.S. (about 19 miles; MOUNT PLEASANT, PA; ID: P99)
LATROBE (329 KCKINLEY AVE.). Services: enclosed waiting area, public payphones, full-service food facilities, call for taxi service.
Colleges/Universities in Latrobe:
- SAINT VINCENT COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 1,141; Location: 300 FRASER PURCHASE RD; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.stvincent.edu)
- SAINT VINCENT SEMINARY (FT enrollment: 91; Location: 300 FRASER PURCHASE RD; Private, not-for-profit; Website: benedictine.stvincent.edu/seminary; Offers Master's degree)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Latrobe:
- WESTMORELAND COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 15 miles; YOUNGWOOD, PA; Full-time enrollment: 3,223)
- INDIANA UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA-MAIN CAMPUS (about 29 miles; INDIANA, PA; FT enrollment: 12,307)
- UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH-JOHNSTOWN (about 36 miles; JOHNSTOWN, PA; FT enrollment: 2,851)
- CALIFORNIA UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 40 miles; CALIFORNIA, PA; FT enrollment: 5,183)
- CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY (about 41 miles; PITTSBURGH, PA; FT enrollment: 7,903)
- ART INSTITUTE PITTSBURGH (about 43 miles; PITTSBURGH, PA; FT enrollment: 2,246)
- POINT PARK COLLEGE (about 44 miles; PITTSBURGH, PA; FT enrollment: 2,189)
Public high school in Latrobe:
- GREATER LATROBE SHS (Students: 1,039; Grades: 10 - 12)
Private high school in Latrobe:
- BIBLE BAPTIST CHRST ACADEMY (Students: 41; Location: RD 5 BOX 133; Grades: KG - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Latrobe:
- GREATER LATROBE JHS (Students: 1,111; Grades: 07 - 09)
- LATROBE EL SCH (Students: 850; Grades: KG - 06)
- BAGGALEY EL SCH (Students: 681; Grades: KG - 06)
- RIDGEVIEW ACADEMY CS (Students: 218; Grades: 06 - 12)
- LOYALHANNA EL SCH (Students: 131; Grades: PK - 01)
- EASTERN WESTMORELAND CTC (Grades: 00 - 00)
Private primary/middle schools in Latrobe:
- CHRIST THE DIVINE TEACHER SCHO (Students: 349; Location: 323 CHESTNUT STREET; Grades: KG - 8)
- NEW HORIZONS SCHOOL (Students: 63; Location: 310 LIGONIERE; Grades: PK - KG)
Library in Latrobe:
- ADAMS MEMORIAL LIBRARY (Operating income: $788,129; Location: 1112 LIGONIER ST; 116,281 books; 3,788 audio materials; 794 video materials; 211 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Church in Latrobe: Calvary Temple (A).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Monastery Run (A), Unity Run (B), Ninemile Run (C).
Park in Latrobe: Legion-Kenner Park (1).
Latrobe compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Latrobe:
- WQTW (1570 AM; 1 kW; LATROBE, PA; Owner: L. STANLEY WALL)
- WCNS (1480 AM; 1 kW; LATROBE, PA; Owner: LONGO MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- KDKA (1020 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WKHB (620 AM; 6 kW; IRWIN, PA; Owner: BROADCAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCCS (1160 AM; 10 kW; HOMER CITY, PA; Owner: RENDA RADIO, INC.)
- WVSC (990 AM; 10 kW; SOMERSET, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF JOHNSTOWN, INC.)
- WAVL (910 AM; 5 kW; APOLLO, PA; Owner: EVANGEL HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY OF GOD)
- WLYE (850 AM; 10 kW; JOHNSTOWN, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF JOHNSTOWN, INC.)
- WYSN (1330 AM; 5 kW; SOMERSET, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WWVA (1170 AM; 53 kW; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WPIT (730 AM; 5 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WJAS (1320 AM; 6 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORP. OF NEVADA)
- WKTW (1530 AM; daytime; 1 kW; JEANNETTE, PA; Owner: BROADCAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Latrobe:
- WQEJ (89.7 FM; JOHNSTOWN, PA; Owner: WQED MULTIMEDIA)
- WFRJ (88.9 FM; JOHNSTOWN, PA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WKYE (95.5 FM; JOHNSTOWN, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF JOHNSTOWN, INC.)
- WQKK (92.1 FM; JOHNSTOWN, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WLSW (103.9 FM; SCOTTDALE, PA; Owner: L. STANLEY WALL)
- WOGG (94.9 FM; OLIVER, PA; Owner: KEYMARKET LICENSES, LLC)
- WSSZ (107.1 FM; GREENSBURG, PA; Owner: MCL/MCM-INC.)
- WLCY (106.3 FM; BLAIRSVILLE, PA; Owner: LONGO MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WVPM (90.9 FM; MORGANTOWN, WV; Owner: WEST VIRGINIA EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- WZPT (100.7 FM; NEW KENSINGTON, PA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- WQZS (93.3 FM; MEYERSDALE, PA; Owner: ROGER WAHL)
- WUZY (97.7 FM; SOMERSET, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF JOHNSTOWN,INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Latrobe:
- WTAE-TV (Channel 4; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: WTAE HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC. (CA CORP.))
- WCWB (Channel 22; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: WCWB LICENSEE, LLC)
- WLLS-LP (Channel 49; INDIANA, PA; Owner: LARRY L. SCHRECONGOST)
- WPCB-TV (Channel 40; GREENSBURG, PA; Owner: CORNERSTONE TELEVISION, INC.)
- WNPA (Channel 19; JEANNETTE, PA; Owner: VIACOM STATIONS GROUP OF PITTSBURGH INC.)
- W56CG (Channel 56; GREENSBURG, PA; Owner: TURNPIKE TELEVISION)
- W65CG (Channel 65; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WBGN-LP (Channel 59; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: BRUNO GOODWORTH NETWORK, INC.)
- WPTG-LP (Channel 69; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: ABACUS TELEVISION)
- WWCP-TV (Channel 8; JOHNSTOWN, PA; Owner: PEAK MEDIA OF PA LICENSEE LLC)
- WQVC-CA (Channel 28; GREENSBURG, PA; Owner: ABACUS TELEVISION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.