Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,625
Males: 3,269 (49.3%), Females: 3,356 (50.7%)
Median resident age: 36.4 years
Median household income: $47,869 (year 2000)
Median house value: $133,100 (year 2000)
Leacock-Leola-Bareville, PA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Leacock-Leola-Bareville:
- White Non-Hispanic (88.5%)
- Hispanic (4.0%)
- Other Asian (1.9%)
- Two or more races (1.6%)
- Black (1.5%)
- Other race (1.4%)
- Vietnamese (1.3%)
- Chinese (0.9%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
Ancestries: German (35.0%), Irish (10.5%), United States (8.4%), Italian (7.3%), English (3.9%), Swiss (3.2%).
New! Pennsylvania forum
Land area: 6.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Leacock-Leola-Bareville
- High school or higher: 77.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 19.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.1%
- Unemployed: 2.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 18.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Leacock-Leola-Bareville CDP
- Never married: 22.5%
- Now married: 62.0%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 4.5%
- Divorced: 9.0%
7.5% Foreign born (4.3% Asia, 1.6% Latin America, 1.1% Europe).
PA Real Estate - Help From A Local Expert, Scout Neighborhoods, Mortgages & More />
Real Estate - Source For PA Real Estate. View Listings & More Here Today! />
Homes - Your New Home - View Floor Plans & Elevations - Request Info! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: PA Lancaster, (8.9 miles www.TotalMove.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MD Baltimore, (61.7 miles pop. 651,154).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (71.7 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: PA (4.8 miles Akron, PA (5.8 miles Rothsville, PA Ephrata, (6.3 miles Holland, PA (6.7 miles New PA (6.9 miles Paradise, PA Strasburg, (7.4 miles PA Lancaster, (8.9 miles PA Lititz, (9.3 miles
Latitude: 40.09 N, Longitude: 76.18 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 717
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (26.1%), Retail trade (14.2%), Educational,health and social services (11.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,500 (+22.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 803 (24.4%)
Average climate in Leacock-Leola-Bareville, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Leacock-Leola-Bareville-area historical tornado activity is above Pennsylvania state average. It is 41% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/4/1950, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 8.8 miles away from the Leacock-Leola-Bareville city center injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 6/18/1970, a category 3 tornado 21.7 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 5 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Leacock-Leola-Bareville:
- EPHRATA COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; EPHRATA, PA)
- COMMUNITY HOSPITAL OF LANCASTER (about 11 miles; LANCASTER, PA)
- LANCASTER GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 11 miles; LANCASTER, PA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Leacock-Leola-Bareville:
- LANCASTER (about 8 miles; LANCASTER, PA; ID: LNS)
- READING REGIONAL/CARL A SPAATZ FIELD (about 26 miles; READING, PA; ID: RDG)
- HARRISBURG INTERNATIONAL (about 40 miles; HARRISBURG, PA; ID: MDT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Leacock-Leola-Bareville:
- SMOKETOWN (about 5 miles; SMOKETOWN, PA; ID: Q08)
- KELLER BROTHERS (about 17 miles; LEBANON, PA; ID: 08N)
- DECK (about 21 miles; MYERSTOWN, PA; ID: 9D4)
Amtrak station near Leacock-Leola-Bareville:
- 9 miles: LANCASTER (53 MCGOVERN AVE.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Leacock-Leola-Bareville:
- MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 14 miles; MILLERSVILLE, PA; Full-time enrollment: 6,384)
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY-PENN STATE BERKS (about 23 miles; READING, PA; FT enrollment: 2,003)
- YORK COLLEGE PENNSYLVANIA (about 30 miles; YORK, PA; FT enrollment: 4,541)
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY-PENN ST HARRISBURG (about 39 miles; MIDDLETOWN, PA; FT enrollment: 2,064)
- HARFORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 40 miles; BEL AIR, MD; FT enrollment: 2,646)
- WEST CHESTER UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 42 miles; WEST CHESTER, PA; FT enrollment: 10,419)
- KUTZTOWN UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 42 miles; KUTZTOWN, PA; FT enrollment: 7,101)
| || |
Park in Leacock-Leola-Bareville: Leola Community Park (1).
Leacock-Leola-Bareville compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Leacock-Leola-Bareville:
- WEEU (830 AM; 20 kW; READING, PA; Owner: WEEU BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLAN (1390 AM; 5 kW; LANCASTER, PA)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WPEN (950 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: GREATER PHILADELPHIA RADIO, INC.)
- WZZD (990 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- KYW (1060 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WWLG (1370 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: M-10 BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNWR (1540 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Leacock-Leola-Bareville:
- WIOV-FM (105.1 FM; EPHRATA, PA; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF LANCASTER, INC.)
- WJTL (90.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: CREATIVE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WDAC (94.5 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WDAC RADIO COMPANY)
- WRTL (90.7 FM; EPHRATA, PA; Owner: TEMPLE UNIV OF COMMONWEALTH SYSTEM)
- WARM-FM (103.3 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: WSBA LICO, INC.)
- WROZ (101.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WIOV-FM1 (105.1 FM; READING, PA; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF LANCASTER, INC.)
- WRFY-FM (102.5 FM; READING, PA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCAT-FM (106.7 FM; HERSHEY, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBMP (88.1 FM; WARWICK, PA; Owner: FOUR RIVERS COMMUNITY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- W259AA (99.7 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WITF, INC.)
- WSOX (96.1 FM; RED LION, PA; Owner: LANCASTER-YORK BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WLAN-FM (96.9 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WLCH (91.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: SPANISH AMERICAN CIVIC ASSC FOR EQUL)
- WITF-FM (89.5 FM; HARRISBURG, PA; Owner: WITF, INC.)
- WFNM (89.1 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: FRANKLIN AND MARSHALL COLLEGE)
- W220BX (91.9 FM; MARIETTA, PA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- WHBO (92.7 FM; STARVIEW, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WQXA-FM (105.7 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Leacock-Leola-Bareville:
- WLYH-TV (Channel 15; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: TELEVISION STATION GROUP LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- WPMT (Channel 43; YORK, PA; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
- WTVE (Channel 51; READING, PA; Owner: READING BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGAL (Channel 8; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WGAL HEARST-ARGYLE TELEVISION, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.