Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 9,029. Estimated population in July 2005: 9,008 (-0.2% change)
Males: 4,184 (46.3%), Females: 4,845 (53.7%)
Median resident age: 39.8 years
Median household income: $40,417 (year 2000)
Median house value: $104,900 (year 2000)
Lititz, PA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Lititz:
- White Non-Hispanic (96.4%)
- Hispanic (1.5%)
- Two or more races (0.8%)
Ancestries: German (39.7%), Irish (14.9%), United States (10.0%), English (8.8%), Italian (6.3%), Swiss (3.1%).
New! Pennsylvania forum
Elevation: 387 feet
Land area: 2.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Lititz
- High school or higher: 84.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 24.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.8%
- Unemployed: 1.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lititz borough
- Never married: 19.3%
- Now married: 59.3%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 11.3%
- Divorced: 8.3%
1.9% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +684 (+8.2%).
Real Estate - Source For PA Real Estate. View Listings & More Here Today! />
PA Real Estate - Help From A Local Expert, Scout Neighborhoods, Mortgages & More />
To Lancaster, PA - Pennsylvania Dutch Country lodging, attractions & dining. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: PA Lancaster, (7.9 miles www.TotalMove.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MD Baltimore, (62.4 miles pop. 651,154).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (80.3 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: PA (4.2 miles Rothsville, PA (4.9 miles Brickerville, Petersburg, PA (5.1 miles East PA (6.4 miles Manheim, PA (6.8 miles Akron, PA Lancaster, (7.9 miles PA Ephrata, (8.5 miles PA (8.8 miles Salunga-Landisville,
Latitude: 40.15 N, Longitude: 76.30 W
Area code: 717
Lititz, Pennsylvania business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (24.1%), Manufacturing (21.3%), Retail trade (15.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -260 (-2.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,077 (23.7%)
Crime in Lititz by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||0 ||1 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||11.1 ||0.0 |
|Robberies ||2 ||0 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||22.2 ||0.0 ||11.1 |
|Assaults ||36 ||3 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||398.7 ||33.2 ||22.2 |
|Burglaries ||16 ||17 ||21 |
| per 100,000 ||177.2 ||188.3 ||232.6 |
|Thefts ||132 ||116 ||76 |
| per 100,000 ||1462.0 ||1284.7 ||841.7 |
|Auto thefts ||8 ||7 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||88.6 ||77.5 ||44.3 |
| ||164.4 ||81.8 ||61.2 |
Average climate in Lititz, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Lititz-area historical tornado activity is above Pennsylvania state average. It is 39% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/4/1950, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 13.0 miles away from the Lititz city center injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 6/18/1970, a category 3 tornado 17.0 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 5 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Main business address for: SUSQUEHANNA BANCSHARES INC (NATIONAL COMMERCIAL BANKS).
Hospitals/medical centers near Lititz:
- COMMUNITY HOSPITAL OF LANCASTER (about 7 miles; LANCASTER, PA)
- LANCASTER GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 7 miles; LANCASTER, PA)
- LANCASTER REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 7 miles; LANCASTER, PA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Lititz:
- LANCASTER (about 3 miles; LANCASTER, PA; ID: LNS)
- READING REGIONAL/CARL A SPAATZ FIELD (about 29 miles; READING, PA; ID: RDG)
- HARRISBURG INTERNATIONAL (about 31 miles; HARRISBURG, PA; ID: MDT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Lititz:
- KELLER BROTHERS (about 9 miles; LEBANON, PA; ID: 08N)
- SMOKETOWN (about 11 miles; SMOKETOWN, PA; ID: Q08)
- DECK (about 14 miles; MYERSTOWN, PA; ID: 9D4)
Amtrak stations near Lititz:
- 7 miles: LANCASTER (53 MCGOVERN AVE.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
- 15 miles: MOUNT JOY (DELTA & HENRY STS.). Services: public payphones, free short-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Police - Other ||3 ||$6,708 ||$26,832 ||0 ||$0 |
|Streets and Highways ||7 ||$21,560 ||$36,960 ||0 ||$0 |
|Police Protection - Officers ||13 ||$46,383 ||$42,815 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other Government Administration ||0 ||$0 || ||8 ||$3,398 |
|Financial Administration ||1 ||$4,789 ||$57,468 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||24 ||$79,441 ||$39,720 ||8 ||$3,398 |College/University in Lititz:
- AIRWAYS INC (Location: AIRPORT RD LANCASTER AIRPORT; Private, for-profit)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lititz:
- MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 12 miles; MILLERSVILLE, PA; Full-time enrollment: 6,384)
- YORK COLLEGE PENNSYLVANIA (about 23 miles; YORK, PA; FT enrollment: 4,541)
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY-PENN STATE BERKS (about 27 miles; READING, PA; FT enrollment: 2,003)
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY-PENN ST HARRISBURG (about 31 miles; MIDDLETOWN, PA; FT enrollment: 2,064)
- HARRISBURG AREA COMMUNITY COLLEGE-HARRISBURG (about 42 miles; HARRISBURG, PA; FT enrollment: 4,653)
- HARFORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 43 miles; BEL AIR, MD; FT enrollment: 2,646)
- KUTZTOWN UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 45 miles; KUTZTOWN, PA; FT enrollment: 7,101)
Public high school in Lititz:
- WARWICK SHS (Students: 1,524; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high schools in Lititz:
- LITITZ CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 363; Location: 501 WEST LINCOLN AVENUE; Grades: KG - 12)
- LINDEN HALL SCHOOL (Students: 101; Location: 212 E MAIN STREET; Grades: 6 - 12; Girls only)
Public primary/middle schools in Lititz:
- WARWICK MS (Students: 764; Grades: 07 - 08)
- JOHN R BONFIELD EL SCH (Students: 610; Grades: KG - 06)
- LITITZ EL SCH (Students: 596; Grades: KG - 06)
- JOHN BECK EL SCH (Students: 576; Grades: KG - 06)
- KISSEL HILL EL SCH (Students: 574; Grades: KG - 06)
- REIDENBAUGH EL SCH (Students: 501; Grades: KG - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Lititz:
- LITITZ AREA MENNONITE SCHOOL (Students: 227; Location: 1050 EAST NEWPORT ROAD; Grades: KG - 8)
- LEARNING LADDER CHILD DEV CTR (Students: 60; Location: 3 TROLLY RUN RD; Grades: PK - KG)
- LIME ROCK SCHOOL (Students: 59; Location: 464 LEXINGTON RD; Grades: 1 - 8)
- NEW HAVEN MENNONITE SCHOOL (Students: 42; Location: 225 CREST ROAD; Grades: 1 - 10)
- CHERRY GROVE PAROCHIAL SCHOOL (Students: 40; Location: CO MERLE MARTIN 446 E BRUBAKER; Grades: 1 - 8)
- OWL HILL LEARNING CENTER (Students: 27; Location: 506 OWL HILL RD; Grades: PK - KG)
- WOOD CORNER PAROCHIAL SCHOOL (Students: 21; Location: WOOD CORNER RD; Grades: UG - UG)
- FAIRVIEW PAROCHIAL SCHOOL (Students: 21; Location: SOUTH FAIRVIEW ROAD; Grades: UG - UG)
- MIDDLE CREEK PAROCHIAL SCHOOL (Students: 17; Grades: UG - UG)
Library in Lititz:
- LITITZ PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $344,784; Location: 651 KISSEL HILL ROAD; 40,755 books; 1,349 audio materials; 1,876 video materials; 56 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Notable location: Rome (A).
Cemetery: Moravian Cemetery (1).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Hubers Run (A).
Parks in Lititz include: Locust Street Park (1), Lititz Springs Park (2), Lions Club Park (3).
Lititz compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Lititz:
- WLAN (1390 AM; 5 kW; LANCASTER, PA)
- WEEU (830 AM; 20 kW; READING, PA; Owner: WEEU BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WWSM (1510 AM; daytime; 5 kW; ANNVILLE-CLEONA, PA; Owner: PATRICK H. SICKAFUS)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WLBR (1270 AM; 5 kW; LEBANON, PA; Owner: LEBANON BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WWLG (1370 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: M-10 BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WPEN (950 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: GREATER PHILADELPHIA RADIO, INC.)
- WZZD (990 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WLPA (1490 AM; 1 kW; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KYW (1060 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lititz:
- WJTL (90.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: CREATIVE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WIOV-FM (105.1 FM; EPHRATA, PA; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF LANCASTER, INC.)
- WRTL (90.7 FM; EPHRATA, PA; Owner: TEMPLE UNIV OF COMMONWEALTH SYSTEM)
- WARM-FM (103.3 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: WSBA LICO, INC.)
- WROZ (101.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WDAC (94.5 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WDAC RADIO COMPANY)
- WCAT-FM (106.7 FM; HERSHEY, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLAN-FM (96.9 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WLCH (91.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: SPANISH AMERICAN CIVIC ASSC FOR EQUL)
- WSOX (96.1 FM; RED LION, PA; Owner: LANCASTER-YORK BROADCASTING, LLC)
- W259AA (99.7 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WITF, INC.)
- WIOV-FM1 (105.1 FM; READING, PA; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF LANCASTER, INC.)
- WFNM (89.1 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: FRANKLIN AND MARSHALL COLLEGE)
- WITF-FM (89.5 FM; HARRISBURG, PA; Owner: WITF, INC.)
- W220BX (91.9 FM; MARIETTA, PA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- WRFY-FM (102.5 FM; READING, PA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHBO (92.7 FM; STARVIEW, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WQXA-FM (105.7 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBMP (88.1 FM; WARWICK, PA; Owner: FOUR RIVERS COMMUNITY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WRVV (97.3 FM; HARRISBURG, PA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Lititz:
- WLYH-TV (Channel 15; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: TELEVISION STATION GROUP LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- WPMT (Channel 43; YORK, PA; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
- WGAL (Channel 8; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WGAL HEARST-ARGYLE TELEVISION, INC.)
- WTVE (Channel 51; READING, PA; Owner: READING BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGCB-TV (Channel 49; RED LION, PA; Owner: RED LION BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.