Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,774. Estimated population in July 2005: 7,583 (-2.5% change)
Males: 3,543 (45.6%), Females: 4,231 (54.4%)
Median resident age: 22.4 years
Median household income: $38,425 (year 2000)
Median house value: $113,900 (year 2000)
Millersville, PA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Millersville:
- White Non-Hispanic (91.3%)
- Black (4.3%)
- Hispanic (2.5%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- Other race (1.0%)
Ancestries: German (43.2%), Irish (18.2%), Italian (8.3%), English (8.1%), Polish (4.1%), United States (3.4%).
New! Pennsylvania forum
Elevation: 312 feet
Land area: 2.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Millersville
- High school or higher: 83.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 30.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 12.7%
- Unemployed: 7.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 19.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Millersville borough
- Never married: 53.1%
- Now married: 33.9%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 6.1%
- Divorced: 6.1%
3.3% Foreign born (1.2% Europe, 1.1% Asia, 0.9% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: -330 (-4.1%).
Real Estate - Current & Local Home Listings. Find Real Estate In PA. Free! />
Real Estate - Source For PA Real Estate. View Listings & More Here Today! />
To Lancaster, PA - Pennsylvania Dutch Country lodging, attractions & dining. />
a House in PA - Real Estate Agents Compete for your Business. Free - Easy />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: PA Lancaster, (4.0 miles pop. 56,348).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MD Baltimore, (51.6 miles pop. 651,154).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (82.9 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: PA Lancaster, (4.0 miles Street, PA (5.6 miles Willow PA Mountville, (6.0 miles Petersburg, PA (6.5 miles East PA (7.6 miles Salunga-Landisville, PA Columbia, (10.2 miles PA Lititz, (10.8 miles PA (11.3 miles Manheim,
Latitude: 40.01 N, Longitude: 76.35 W
Area code: 717
Millersville, Pennsylvania business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (29.2%), Retail trade (16.7%), Manufacturing (12.8%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (10.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -860 (-11.1%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,060 (27.5%)
Crime in Millersville by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||0 ||0 ||2 ||3 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||25.7 ||38.6 |
|Robberies ||1 ||3 ||2 ||3 |
| per 100,000 ||12.9 ||38.6 ||25.7 ||38.6 |
|Assaults ||8 ||9 ||6 ||14 |
| per 100,000 ||102.9 ||115.8 ||77.2 ||180.1 |
|Burglaries ||8 ||16 ||15 ||6 |
| per 100,000 ||102.9 ||205.8 ||193.0 ||77.2 |
|Thefts ||57 ||79 ||72 ||52 |
| per 100,000 ||733.2 ||1016.2 ||926.2 ||668.9 |
|Auto thefts ||3 ||6 ||6 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||38.6 ||77.2 ||77.2 ||51.5 |
| ||64.1 ||96.0 ||90.2 ||99.3 |
Average climate in Millersville, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Millersville-area historical tornado activity is above Pennsylvania state average. It is 41% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/4/1950, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 20.8 miles away from the Millersville city center injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 7/14/2004, a category 3 tornado 24.6 miles away from the city center caused $18 million in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Millersville:
- COMMUNITY HOSPITAL OF LANCASTER (about 5 miles; LANCASTER, PA)
- LANCASTER GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 5 miles; LANCASTER, PA)
- LANCASTER REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 5 miles; LANCASTER, PA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Millersville:
- LANCASTER (about 9 miles; LANCASTER, PA; ID: LNS)
- HARRISBURG INTERNATIONAL (about 31 miles; HARRISBURG, PA; ID: MDT)
- READING REGIONAL/CARL A SPAATZ FIELD (about 38 miles; READING, PA; ID: RDG)
Other public-use airports nearest to Millersville:
- MC GINNESS (about 10 miles; COLUMBIA, PA; ID: 8N7)
- SMOKETOWN (about 11 miles; SMOKETOWN, PA; ID: Q08)
- BAUBLITZ COMMERCIAL (about 15 miles; BROGUE, PA; ID: 9W8)
Amtrak stations near Millersville:
- 5 miles: LANCASTER (53 MCGOVERN AVE.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
- 13 miles: MOUNT JOY (DELTA & HENRY STS.). Services: public payphones, free short-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
College/University in Millersville:
- MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (Full-time enrollment: 6,384; Location: PO BOX 1002; Public; Website: www.millersville.edu; Offers Master's degree)
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Millersville:
- YORK COLLEGE PENNSYLVANIA (about 18 miles; YORK, PA; Full-time enrollment: 4,541)
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY-PENN ST HARRISBURG (about 30 miles; MIDDLETOWN, PA; FT enrollment: 2,064)
- HARFORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 33 miles; BEL AIR, MD; FT enrollment: 2,646)
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY-PENN STATE BERKS (about 35 miles; READING, PA; FT enrollment: 2,003)
- HARRISBURG AREA COMMUNITY COLLEGE-HARRISBURG (about 43 miles; HARRISBURG, PA; FT enrollment: 4,653)
- MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 43 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 5,564)
- MESSIAH COLLEGE (about 46 miles; GRANTHAM, PA; FT enrollment: 2,761)
Public high school in Millersville:
- PENN MANOR HS (Students: 1,833; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle school in Millersville:
- ESHLEMAN EL SCH (Students: 324; Grades: KG - 06)
Private primary/middle school in Millersville:
- JENKINS EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER (Students: 68; Location: MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY PO BOX; Grades: PK - KG)
| || |
Park in Millersville: Millersville Borough Park (1).
Millersville compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Millersville:
- WLAN (1390 AM; 5 kW; LANCASTER, PA)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WLPA (1490 AM; 1 kW; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEEU (830 AM; 20 kW; READING, PA; Owner: WEEU BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WWLG (1370 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: M-10 BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WPEN (950 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: GREATER PHILADELPHIA RADIO, INC.)
- WZZD (990 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- KYW (1060 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Millersville:
- WIXQ (91.7 FM; MILLERSVILLE, PA; Owner: MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY)
- WJTL (90.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: CREATIVE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WDAC (94.5 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WDAC RADIO COMPANY)
- W259AA (99.7 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WITF, INC.)
- WLAN-FM (96.9 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WARM-FM (103.3 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: WSBA LICO, INC.)
- WFNM (89.1 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: FRANKLIN AND MARSHALL COLLEGE)
- WROZ (101.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WIOV-FM (105.1 FM; EPHRATA, PA; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF LANCASTER, INC.)
- WSOX (96.1 FM; RED LION, PA; Owner: LANCASTER-YORK BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WCAT-FM (106.7 FM; HERSHEY, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- W220BX (91.9 FM; MARIETTA, PA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- WRTL (90.7 FM; EPHRATA, PA; Owner: TEMPLE UNIV OF COMMONWEALTH SYSTEM)
- WLCH (91.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: SPANISH AMERICAN CIVIC ASSC FOR EQUL)
- WQXA-FM (105.7 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHBO (92.7 FM; STARVIEW, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WITF-FM (89.5 FM; HARRISBURG, PA; Owner: WITF, INC.)
- WIOV-FM1 (105.1 FM; READING, PA; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF LANCASTER, INC.)
- WLIF (101.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WLIF, INC.)
- WYCR (98.5 FM; YORK-HANOVER, PA; Owner: RADIO HANOVER, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Millersville:
- WPMT (Channel 43; YORK, PA; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
- WLYH-TV (Channel 15; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: TELEVISION STATION GROUP LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- WGAL (Channel 8; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WGAL HEARST-ARGYLE TELEVISION, INC.)
- WGCB-TV (Channel 49; RED LION, PA; Owner: RED LION BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- W23AY (Channel 23; YORK, PA; Owner: WIRELESS CABLE TV OF PA, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.