Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,593
Males: 3,225 (48.9%), Females: 3,368 (51.1%)
Median resident age: 35.0 years
Median household income: $44,419 (year 2000)
Median house value: $88,600 (year 2000)
Parkville, PA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Parkville:
- White Non-Hispanic (96.3%)
- Hispanic (1.3%)
- Two or more races (0.6%)
- Black (0.5%)
- Other race (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (41.4%), United States (11.3%), Irish (10.6%), English (5.3%), Italian (5.0%), French (2.0%).Pennsylvania
Elevation: 761 feet
Land area: 2.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Parkville
- High school or higher: 74.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.3%
- Unemployed: 3.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Parkville CDP
- Never married: 20.9%
- Now married: 61.9%
- Separated: 2.2%
- Widowed: 4.7%
- Divorced: 10.2%
3.1% Foreign born (1.5% Latin America, 1.1% Europe, 0.5% Asia).
PA Foreclosure - 1000s of Dollars, Free list of Foreclosure, Fixer & Distress Homes />
a House in PA - Real Estate Agents Compete for your Business. Free - Easy />
Housing & Rentals - student housing Furnished Bedrooms Blairsville, PA />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MD (37.1 miles Towson, pop. 51,793).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MD Baltimore, (41.4 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (126.2 miles www.PAForeclosureHomes.com )
Nearest cities: PA (1.4 miles Pennville, PA Hanover, (1.4 miles PA (2.5 miles Midway, PA (3.5 miles McSherrystown, PA (6.6 miles Abbottstown, Oxford, PA New (7.7 miles PA (8.8 miles Littlestown, PA (9.0 miles Jefferson,
Latitude: 39.79 N, Longitude: 76.97 W
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (27.4%), Educational,health and social services (13.3%), Retail trade (12.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,572 (-23.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 333 (9.5%)
Average climate in Parkville, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Parkville-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Pennsylvania state average. It is 34% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/5/1952, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 0.9 miles away from the Parkville city center injured 4 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 6/7/1980, a category 3 tornado 10.1 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Parkville:
- HANOVER GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 1 miles; HANOVER, PA)
- CARROLL COUNTY GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 16 miles; WESTMINSTER, MD)
- GETTYSBURG HOSPITAL (about 19 miles; GETTYSBURG, PA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Parkville:
- HARRISBURG INTERNATIONAL (about 31 miles; HARRISBURG, PA; ID: MDT)
- BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON INTL (about 48 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: BWI)
- HAGERSTOWN REGIONAL-RICHARD A HENSON FLD (about 53 miles; HAGERSTOWN, MD; ID: HGR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Parkville:
- HANOVER (about 4 miles; HANOVER, PA; ID: 6W6)
- YORK (about 12 miles; YORK, PA; ID: THV)
- CARROLL COUNTY REGIONAL/JACK B POAGE FIELD (about 14 miles; WESTMINSTER, MD; ID: DMW)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Parkville:
- WESTERN MARYLAND COLLEGE (about 16 miles; WESTMINSTER, MD; Full-time enrollment: 2,245)
- GETTYSBURG COLLEGE (about 19 miles; GETTYSBURG, PA; FT enrollment: 2,216)
- MESSIAH COLLEGE (about 25 miles; GRANTHAM, PA; FT enrollment: 2,761)
- YORK COLLEGE PENNSYLVANIA (about 30 miles; YORK, PA; FT enrollment: 4,541)
- DICKINSON COLLEGE (about 33 miles; CARLISLE, PA; FT enrollment: 2,098)
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY-PENN ST HARRISBURG (about 33 miles; MIDDLETOWN, PA; FT enrollment: 2,064)
- HARRISBURG AREA COMMUNITY COLLEGE-HARRISBURG (about 36 miles; HARRISBURG, PA; FT enrollment: 4,653)
Cemeteries: Mount Olivet Cemetery (1), Mumma Cemetery (2).
Park in Parkville: State Game Propagation Area (1).
Parkville compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Parkville:
- WHVR (1280 AM; 5 kW; HANOVER, PA)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WOYK (1350 AM; 5 kW; YORK, PA; Owner: WOYK, INC.)
- WWLG (1370 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: M-10 BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WSBA (910 AM; 5 kW; YORK, PA; Owner: WSBA LICO, INC.)
- WCAO (600 AM; 5 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Parkville:
- WYCR (98.5 FM; YORK-HANOVER, PA; Owner: RADIO HANOVER, INC.)
- WGTY (107.7 FM; GETTYSBURG, PA; Owner: TIMES AND NEWS PUBLISHING COMPANY)
- WROZ (101.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WHBO (92.7 FM; STARVIEW, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WARM-FM (103.3 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: WSBA LICO, INC.)
- WSOX (96.1 FM; RED LION, PA; Owner: LANCASTER-YORK BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WAYZ-FM (104.7 FM; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: HJV LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WZBA (100.7 FM; WESTMINSTER, MD; Owner: SHAMROCK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WETH (89.1 FM; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: GREATER WASHINGTON EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS ASSN.)
- WITF-FM (89.5 FM; HARRISBURG, PA; Owner: WITF, INC.)
- WQXA-FM (105.7 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WWMX (106.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WTPA (93.5 FM; MECHANICSBURG, PA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WZBT (91.1 FM; GETTYSBURG, PA; Owner: GETTYSBURG COLLEGE)
- WFRE (99.9 FM; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W219BX (91.7 FM; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: CEDAR RIDGE CHILDREN'S HOME & SCHOOL, INC)
- WCAT-FM (106.7 FM; HERSHEY, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLIF (101.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WLIF, INC.)
- WIYY (97.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WPOC (93.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
TV broadcast stations around Parkville:
- WMPB (Channel 67; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WBAL-TV (Channel 11; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WBAL HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC. (CA CORP.))
- WMAR-TV (Channel 2; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: SCRIPPS HOWARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WPMT (Channel 43; YORK, PA; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
- WBFF (Channel 45; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CHESAPEAKE TELEVISION LICENSEE, LLC)
- WNUV (Channel 54; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE (WNUV-TV) LICENSEE, INC.)
- WGAL (Channel 8; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WGAL HEARST-ARGYLE TELEVISION, INC.)
- WJZ-TV (Channel 13; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WUTB (Channel 24; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.