Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 38,420. Estimated population in July 2005: 38,720 (+0.8% change)
Males: 20,011 (52.1%), Females: 18,409 (47.9%)
Median resident age: 21.8 years
Median household income: $21,186 (year 2000)
Median house value: $154,600 (year 2000)
State College, PA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in State College:
- White Non-Hispanic (82.9%)
- Black (3.7%)
- Chinese (3.4%)
- Hispanic (3.0%)
- Asian Indian (2.0%)
- Korean (1.7%)
- Two or more races (1.6%)
- Other race (1.4%)
- Other Asian (0.7%)
Ancestries: German (24.4%), Irish (15.0%), Italian (12.1%), English (8.7%), Polish (6.3%), Russian (2.6%).
New! College, Pennsylvania forum
Elevation: 1154 feet
Land area: 4.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in State College
- High school or higher: 95.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 69.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 40.4%
- Unemployed: 9.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 14.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in State College borough
- Never married: 76.2%
- Now married: 18.6%
- Separated: 0.5%
- Widowed: 2.2%
- Divorced: 2.5%
11.1% Foreign born (6.9% Asia, 2.4% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: -652 (-1.7%).
College Newspaper - Latest Online Source You Will Find It Here! />
College Hotels - Tours, Reviews, Hotel Maps Compare & Save on Hotels Today! />
Hotels - Pennsylvania Hotel Site Book Online Or Call Toll Free />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MD Frederick, (99.1 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MD Baltimore, (133.4 miles pop. 651,154).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (194.4 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: PA (3.1 miles Lemont, PA (3.3 miles Houserville, Forest Village, PA (3.5 miles Park Grove Mills, PA (4.2 miles Pine PA Boalsburg, (5.0 miles PA (7.1 miles Ramblewood, Julian, PA (7.5 miles) , PA Unionville, (8.1 miles
Latitude: 40.79 N, Longitude: 77.86 W
Area code: 814
State College, Pennsylvania business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (46.7%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (21.0%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +17,372 (+45.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 11,861 (74.7%)
Average climate in State College, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
State College-area historical tornado activity is below Pennsylvania state average. It is 44% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/31/1985, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 47.4 miles away from the State College city center caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 6/5/1975, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 5.1 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Channing Crowder - 2005 NFL player (Miami Dolphins, born: Dec 2, 1983), Eric Milton - 2005 Major League Baseball player (Cincinnati Reds, born: Aug 4, 1975), Larry Johnson - 2005 NFL player (Kansas City Chiefs, born: Nov 19, 1979), Gabe Norwood - College basketball player (George Mason Patriots), John Krimmel - College basketball player (St. Francis (PA) Red Flash), Willie Morse - College basketball player (St. Bonaventure Bonnies).
Main business address for: UNI MARTS INC (RETAIL-CONVENIENCE STORES), OMEGA FINANCIAL CORP /PA/ (NATIONAL COMMERCIAL BANKS), C-COR INC (RADIO & TV BROADCASTING & COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT).
Hospital/medical center in State College:
- CENTRE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (1800 E PARK AVE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near State College:
- HEALTHSOUTH NITTANY VALLEY REHAB (about 11 miles; PLEASANT GAP, PA)
- MEADOWS PSYCHIATRIC CENTER (about 13 miles; CENTRE HALL, PA)
- J C BLAIR MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 23 miles; HUNTINGDON, PA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to State College:
- UNIVERSITY PARK (about 4 miles; STATE COLLEGE, PA; ID: UNV)
- ALTOONA-BLAIR COUNTY (about 48 miles; ALTOONA, PA; ID: AOO)
- WILLIAMSPORT RGNL (about 72 miles; WILLIAMSPORT, PA; ID: IPT)
Other public-use airports nearest to State College:
- RIDGE SOARING (about 7 miles; UNIONVILLE, PA; ID: 79N)
- BELLEFONTE (about 8 miles; BELLEFONTE, PA; ID: N96)
- CENTRE AIRPARK (about 15 miles; CENTRE HALL, PA; ID: N16)
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2004)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Financial Administration ||19 ||$72,562 ||$45,828 ||1 ||$1,745 |
|Fire - Other ||2 ||$6,509 ||$39,054 ||0 ||$0 |
|Streets and Highways ||21 ||$77,353 ||$44,201 ||1 ||$454 |
|Police Protection - Officers ||62 ||$297,752 ||$57,629 ||0 ||$0 |
|Health ||4 ||$15,622 ||$46,866 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other Government Administration ||23 ||$101,204 ||$52,802 ||3 ||$2,311 |
|Solid Waste Management ||6 ||$20,101 ||$40,202 ||0 ||$0 |
|Sewerage ||2 ||$5,528 ||$33,168 ||0 ||$0 |
|Parks and Recreation ||14 ||$36,788 ||$31,532 ||33 ||$4,178 |
|Police - Other ||9 ||$29,471 ||$39,294 ||20 ||$13,576 |
|Natural Resources ||4 ||$15,527 ||$46,581 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other and Unallocable ||40 ||$118,425 ||$35,527 ||11 ||$10,795 |
|Housing and Community Development(Local) ||3 ||$13,127 ||$52,508 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||209 ||$809,968 ||$46,505 ||69 ||$33,059 |Colleges/Universities in State College:
- SOUTH HILLS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND TECHNOLOGY (Full-time enrollment: 481; Location: 480 WAUPELANI DR; Private, for-profit; Website: www.southhills.edu)
- EMPIRE BEAUTY SCHOOL (FT enrollment: 39; Location: 208 W HAMILTON ST; Private, for-profit; Website: www.empirebeauty.com)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to State College:
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 2 miles; UNIVERSITY PARK, PA; Full-time enrollment: 38,248)
- LOCK HAVEN UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 39 miles; LOCK HAVEN, PA; FT enrollment: 3,738)
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY-PENN STATE ALTOONA (about 42 miles; ALTOONA, PA; FT enrollment: 3,516)
- SHIPPENSBURG UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 57 miles; SHIPPENSBURG, PA; FT enrollment: 6,330)
- DICKINSON COLLEGE (about 61 miles; CARLISLE, PA; FT enrollment: 2,098)
- BUCKNELL UNIVERSITY (about 67 miles; LEWISBURG, PA; FT enrollment: 3,534)
- PENNSYLVANIA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 67 miles; WILLIAMSPORT, PA; FT enrollment: 4,666)
Public high school in State College:
- STATE COLLEGE AREA HS (Students: 2,664; Grades: 07 - 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in State College:
- PARK FOREST MS (Students: 904; Grades: 06 - 08)
- MOUNT NITTANY MS (Students: 884; Grades: 06 - 08)
- RADIO PARK EL SCH (Students: 407; Grades: KG - 05)
- PARK FOREST EL SCH (Students: 402; Grades: KG - 05)
- HOUSERVILLE/LEMONT EL SCH (Students: 377; Grades: KG - 05)
- BOALSBURG/PANORAMA VILLAGE EL (Students: 356; Grades: KG - 05)
- EASTERLY PARKWAY EL SCH (Students: 341; Grades: KG - 05)
- CORL STREET EL SCH (Students: 294; Grades: KG - 05)
- CENTRE LEARNING COMMUNITY CS (Students: 98; Grades: 05 - 08)
- NITTANY VALLEY CS (Students: 48; Grades: 01 - 08)
Biggest private primary/middle schools in State College:
- OUR LADY OF VICTORY ELEM SCH (Students: 427; Location: 800 WESTERLY PARKWAY; Grades: PK - 6)
- MT NITTANY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 123; Location: 1612 NORMA ST; Grades: PK - 6)
- STATE COLLEGE FRIENDS SCHOOL (Students: 116; Location: 1900 UNIVERSITY DR; Grades: KG - 8)
- GRACE LUTHERAN DAYSCHOOL (Students: 105; Location: 205 S GARNER ST; Grades: PK - KG)
- RED SATCHEL (Students: 46; Location: 1015 S. PUGH ST.; Grades: PK - KG)
- MONTESSORI SCHOOL OF THE NITT (Students: 39; Location: 2071 S ATHERTON ST BOX 200; Grades: PK - KG)
- PARK FOREST MONTESSORI SCHOOL (Students: 38; Location: 1833 PARK FOREST AVE; Grades: PK - KG)
- STATE COLLEGE CHILDREN'S HOUSE (Students: 22; Location: 632 W BEAVER AVE; Grades: KG - 5)
- KINDER STATION (Students: 12; Location: 3035 ENTERPRISE; Grades: KG - KG)
- MAGIC YEARS (Students: 10; Location: 1200 FARMSTEAD LANE; Grades: KG - KG)
Library in State College:
- SCHLOW MEMORIAL LIBRARY (Operating income: $1,206,662; Location: 100 EAST BEAVER AVE; 110,345 books; 7,696 audio materials; 2,412 video materials; 216 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Notable locations in State College: Centre Hills Country Club (A), Westerly Parkway Plaza (B), University Park Plaza (C), Pennsylvania State University Golf Course (D). Thompsons Meadow (A).
Parks in State College include: Sunset View Park (1), Holmes-Foster Park (2).
State College compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly above state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in State College:
- WMAJ (1450 AM; 1 kW; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: FOREVER BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WRSC (1390 AM; 2 kW; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WIEZ (670 AM; daytime; 5 kW; LEWISTOWN, PA; Owner: FIRST MEDIA RADIO, LLC)
- WBLF (970 AM; 1 kW; BELLEFONTE, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WHUN (1150 AM; 5 kW; HUNTINGDON, PA; Owner: MEGAHERTZ LICENSES, LLC)
- WPHB (1260 AM; 5 kW; PHILIPSBURG, PA)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WZSK (1040 AM; daytime; 10 kW; EVERETT, PA; Owner: NEW MILLENNIUM COMMUNICATIONS GROUP, INC.)
- KDKA (1020 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in State College:
- WLTS (94.5 FM; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF PA, LLC)
- WBHV (103.1 FM; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: FOREVER BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WBUS (93.7 FM; BOALSBURG, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WKPS (90.7 FM; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF PA ST. UNIV)
- W270AG (101.9 FM; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: SALT & LIGHT MEDIA MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WTLR (89.9 FM; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: CENTRAL PENNSYLIA CHRISTIAN INST)
- WZWW (95.3 FM; BELLEFONTE, PA; Owner: FIRST MEDIA RADIO, LLC)
- WPSU-FM (91.5 FM; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WGMR (101.1 FM; TYRONE, PA; Owner: CARY H. SIMPSON DBA ALLEGHENY MOUNTAIN NETWORK)
- WQWK (97.1 FM; UNIVERSITY PARK, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WJHT (107.9 FM; PORT MATILDA, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WLAK (103.5 FM; HUNTINGDON, PA; Owner: FIRST MEDIA RADIO, LLC)
- WOWY (98.7 FM; PLEASANT GAP, PA; Owner: FOREVER BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WXMJ (99.5 FM; MOUNT UNION, PA; Owner: MEGAHERTZ LICENSES, LLC)
- WVNW (96.7 FM; BURNHAM, PA; Owner: WVNW, INC.)
- WQJU (107.1 FM; MIFFLINTOWN, PA; Owner: CENTRAL PA CHRISTIAN INSTITUTE, INC.)
- WJRC (90.9 FM; LEWISTOWN, PA; Owner: SALT AND LIGHT MEDIA MINISTRIES, INC)
- WUBZ-FM (105.9 FM; PHILIPSBURG, PA; Owner: MOSHANNON VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCHX (105.5 FM; LEWISTOWN, PA; Owner: MIFFLIN COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWLY (106.3 FM; HUNTINGDON, PA; Owner: MEGAHERTZ LICENSES,LLC)
TV broadcast stations around State College:
- W13BY (Channel 13; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: GEORGE W. KIMBLE)
- W36BE (Channel 36; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: NEW YORK TIMES MANAGEMENT SERVICES)
- W39BE (Channel 39; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: NEW YORK TIMES MANAGEMENT SERVICES)
- W59AI (Channel 59; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: PEAK MEDIA OF PA LICENSEE LLC)
- W07CD (Channel 7; STATE COLLEGE, PA; Owner: WPXI-TV HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WHVL-LP (Channel 29; STATE COLLEGE, ETC., PA; Owner: CHANNEL COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.