Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 9,614. Estimated population in July 2005: 9,700 (+0.9% change)
Males: 4,503 (46.8%), Females: 5,111 (53.2%)
Median resident age: 36.5 years
Median household income: $31,574 (year 2000)
Median house value: $85,500 (year 2000)
Waynesboro, PA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Waynesboro:
- White Non-Hispanic (94.3%)
- Black (2.6%)
- Hispanic (1.5%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- Other race (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (32.0%), Irish (14.6%), United States (11.3%), English (8.4%), Italian (2.9%), Scotch-Irish (2.2%).
New! Pennsylvania forum
Land area: 3.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Waynesboro
- High school or higher: 81.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.8%
- Unemployed: 4.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Waynesboro borough
- Never married: 27.9%
- Now married: 50.2%
- Separated: 2.8%
- Widowed: 8.9%
- Divorced: 10.2%
1.6% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -64 (-0.7%).
Film Schools - & request free information from top PA Film Schools. />
Blue Eyed Six - Ludwig's complete story about an 1879 Pennsylvania murder. />
Real Estate - A Complete List of Homes. Free Search for Homes in Georgia. />
Property - FSBO, Land, Property, Mls Find Homes For Sale (Official Site) />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MD Frederick, (25.2 miles pop. 52,767).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: DC Washington, (70.0 miles pop. 572,059).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (168.3 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Heights, PA (2.3 miles Wayne PA (4.3 miles Rouzerville, MD (4.9 miles Leitersburg, Alto, PA (6.5 miles Mont MD (6.8 miles Highfield-Cascade, Ritchie, MD (6.8 miles Fort MD (6.9 miles Smithsburg, MD (7.5 miles Cavetown,
Latitude: 39.75 N, Longitude: 77.58 W
Area code: 717
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (21.2%), Educational,health and social services (17.9%), Retail trade (10.8%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,136 (+11.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,512 (32.6%)
Crime in Waynesboro by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||0 ||6 ||3 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||62.4 ||31.2 ||41.6 |
|Robberies ||2 ||5 ||4 ||5 |
| per 100,000 ||20.8 ||52.0 ||41.6 ||52.0 |
|Assaults ||13 ||10 ||16 ||18 |
| per 100,000 ||135.2 ||104.0 ||166.4 ||187.2 |
|Burglaries ||35 ||39 ||29 ||35 |
| per 100,000 ||364.1 ||405.7 ||301.6 ||364.1 |
|Thefts ||224 ||205 ||237 ||203 |
| per 100,000 ||2329.9 ||2132.3 ||2465.2 ||2111.5 |
|Auto thefts ||20 ||27 ||20 ||17 |
| per 100,000 ||208.0 ||280.8 ||208.0 ||176.8 |
| ||168.6 ||197.5 ||194.6 ||193.8 |
Average climate in Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Waynesboro-area historical tornado activity is near Pennsylvania state average. It is 7% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/16/1961, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 20.9 miles away from the Waynesboro city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 5/22/1983, a category 3 tornado 23.1 miles away from the city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Hospital/medical center in Waynesboro:
- WAYNESBORO HOSPITAL (E MAIN ST)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Waynesboro:
- WESTERN MD CENTER (about 10 miles; HAGERSTOWN, MD)
- BROOK LANE PSYCHIATRIC CENTER (about 14 miles; HAGERSTOWN, MD)
- WASHINGTON COUNTY HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; HAGERSTOWN, MD)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Waynesboro:
- HAGERSTOWN REGIONAL-RICHARD A HENSON FLD (about 11 miles; HAGERSTOWN, MD; ID: HGR)
- WASHINGTON DULLES INTERNATIONAL (about 58 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; ID: IAD)
- ALTOONA-BLAIR COUNTY (about 63 miles; ALTOONA, PA; ID: AOO)
Other public-use airports nearest to Waynesboro:
- CHAMBERSBURG MUNI (about 16 miles; CHAMBERSBURG, PA; ID: N68)
- MID ATLANTIC SOARING CENTER (about 17 miles; FAIRFIELD, PA; ID: W73)
- SOUTHERN ADAMS COUNTY (about 22 miles; GETTYSBURG, PA; ID: P98)
Amtrak station near Waynesboro:
- 17 miles: HAGERSTOWN (GREYHOUND STA., 10527 SHARPSTOWN PK.) - Bus Station. Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Waynesboro:
- SHIPPENSBURG UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 22 miles; SHIPPENSBURG, PA; Full-time enrollment: 6,330)
- FREDERICK COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 23 miles; FREDERICK, MD; FT enrollment: 2,407)
- GETTYSBURG COLLEGE (about 25 miles; GETTYSBURG, PA; FT enrollment: 2,216)
- SHEPHERD COLLEGE (about 28 miles; Shepherdstown, WV; FT enrollment: 3,576)
- DICKINSON COLLEGE (about 41 miles; CARLISLE, PA; FT enrollment: 2,098)
- WESTERN MARYLAND COLLEGE (about 44 miles; WESTMINSTER, MD; FT enrollment: 2,245)
- MESSIAH COLLEGE (about 49 miles; GRANTHAM, PA; FT enrollment: 2,761)
Public high school in Waynesboro:
- WAYNESBORO AREA SHS (Students: 1,239; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Waynesboro:
- WAYNESBORO CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 21; Location: 6621 MARSH ROAD; Grades: 2 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Waynesboro:
- WAYNESBORO AREA MS (Students: 786; Grades: 07 - 08)
- FAIRVIEW AVENUE EL SCH (Students: 685; Grades: KG - 06)
- MOWREY EL SCH (Students: 541; Grades: KG - 06)
- SUMMITVIEW EL SCH (Students: 538; Grades: KG - 06)
- HOOVERVILLE EL SCH (Students: 303; Grades: KG - 06)
Private primary/middle schools in Waynesboro:
- ST ANDREW SCHOOL (Students: 149; Location: 213 EAST MAIN STREET; Grades: KG - 6)
- PROVIDENCE SCHOOL (Students: 56; Location: 7760 BURKHOLDER ROAD; Grades: 1 - 8)
- NOAHS ARK CHRISTIAN CH C CTR (Students: 52; Location: 100 S CHURCH ST; Grades: PK - KG)
Library in Waynesboro:
- ALEXANDER HAMILTON MEMORIAL FREE LIBRARY (Operating income: $255,501; Location: 45 EAST MAIN STREET; 71,238 books; 1,074 audio materials; 1,725 video materials; 159 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Cemetery: Green Hill Cemetery (1).
Waynesboro compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Waynesboro:
- WHGT (1380 AM; 1 kW; WAYNESBORO, PA)
- WCBG (1590 AM; 5 kW; CHAMBERSBURG, PA; Owner: M. BELMONT VERSTANDIG, INC.)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WTRI (1520 AM; daytime; 17 kW; BRUNSWICK, MD; Owner: JMK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WFMD (930 AM; 5 kW; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WXTR (820 AM; 4 kW; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WKCW (1420 AM; 50 kW; WARRENTON, VA; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WJEJ (1240 AM; 1 kW; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: HAGERSTOWN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Waynesboro:
- WAYZ-FM (104.7 FM; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: HJV LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WETH (89.1 FM; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: GREATER WASHINGTON EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS ASSN.)
- W219BE (91.7 FM; WAYNESBORO, PA; Owner: MARANATHA BIBLE INSTITUTE, NDBA)
- WQCM (94.3 FM; GREENCASTLE, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WFRE (99.9 FM; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WWMD (101.5 FM; WAYNESBORO, PA; Owner: HJV LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W219BX (91.7 FM; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: CEDAR RIDGE CHILDREN'S HOME & SCHOOL, INC)
- WARX (106.9 FM; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: MANNING BROADCASTING INC.)
- WEEO-FM (103.7 FM; MCCONNELLSBURG, PA; Owner: ALLEGHENY MOUNTAIN NETWORK)
- WWVZ (103.9 FM; BRADDOCK HEIGHTS, MD; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WIKZ (95.1 FM; CHAMBERSBURG, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WSRT (92.1 FM; MERCERSBURG, PA; Owner: M. BELMONT VERSTANDIG, INC.)
- WCRH (90.5 FM; WILLIAMSPORT, MD; Owner: CEDAR RIDGE CHILDREN'S HOME & SCHOOL, INC)
- WAFY (103.1 FM; MIDDLETOWN, MD; Owner: FREDERICK BROADCASTING LLC)
- WXMJ (99.5 FM; MOUNT UNION, PA; Owner: MEGAHERTZ LICENSES, LLC)
- WLTF (97.5 FM; MARTINSBURG, WV; Owner: PRETTYMAN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKMZ (95.9 FM; WILLIAMSPORT, MD; Owner: PRETTYMAN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WZBT (91.1 FM; GETTYSBURG, PA; Owner: GETTYSBURG COLLEGE)
- WDLD (96.7 FM; HALFWAY, MD; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WMTB-FM (89.9 FM; EMMITSBURG, MD; Owner: MOUNT SAINT MARY'S COLLEGE, INCORPORATED)
TV broadcast stations around Waynesboro:
- W51CY (Channel 51; CHAMBERSBURG, PA; Owner: WBDC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W42CK (Channel 42; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING)
- WHAG-TV (Channel 25; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: QUORUM OF MARYLAND LICENSE, LLC)
- WWPB (Channel 31; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.