Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,258
Males: 3,225 (44.4%), Females: 4,033 (55.6%)
Median resident age: 54.4 years
Median household income: $45,103 (year 2000)
Median house value: $125,600 (year 2000)
Willow Street, PA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Willow Street:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.6%)
- Hispanic (1.2%)
Ancestries: German (38.5%), Irish (13.4%), English (13.4%), United States (10.5%), Italian (6.2%), Scotch-Irish (3.5%).
New! Street, Pennsylvania forum
Elevation: 485 feet
Land area: 5.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Willow Street
- High school or higher: 87.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 28.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.8%
- Unemployed: 3.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Willow Street CDP
- Never married: 13.3%
- Now married: 64.9%
- Separated: 0.5%
- Widowed: 17.6%
- Divorced: 3.8%
2.6% Foreign born (1.7% Europe, 0.5% North America).
& Apartments - Rent. Harrisburg, PA. Find the Right Home for You Today! />
Homes - Your New Home - View Floor Plans & Elevations - Request Info! />
Real Estate - Millions of Homes for Sale. Virtual Tours & Expert Advice. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: PA Lancaster, (4.8 miles www.khov.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MD Baltimore, (52.0 miles pop. 651,154).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (77.6 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: PA Lancaster, (4.8 miles PA (5.6 miles Millersville, PA Strasburg, (6.3 miles PA (9.6 miles Quarryville, PA (9.9 miles Leacock-Leola-Bareville, Petersburg, PA (10.0 miles East PA (10.5 miles Paradise, PA Mountville, (11.7 miles
Latitude: 39.98 N, Longitude: 76.27 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 717
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (23.4%), Manufacturing (16.6%), Retail trade (14.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +472 (+6.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 509 (20.3%)
Average climate in Willow Street, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Willow Street-area historical tornado activity is above Pennsylvania state average. It is 42% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/4/1950, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 18.7 miles away from the Willow Street city center injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 6/18/1970, a category 3 tornado 29.2 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 5 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Willow Street:
- COMMUNITY HOSPITAL OF LANCASTER (about 8 miles; LANCASTER, PA)
- LANCASTER GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; LANCASTER, PA)
- LANCASTER REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 8 miles; LANCASTER, PA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Willow Street:
- LANCASTER (about 10 miles; LANCASTER, PA; ID: LNS)
- READING REGIONAL/CARL A SPAATZ FIELD (about 35 miles; READING, PA; ID: RDG)
- HARRISBURG INTERNATIONAL (about 36 miles; HARRISBURG, PA; ID: MDT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Willow Street:
- SMOKETOWN (about 7 miles; SMOKETOWN, PA; ID: Q08)
- MC GINNESS (about 15 miles; COLUMBIA, PA; ID: 8N7)
- BAUBLITZ COMMERCIAL (about 17 miles; BROGUE, PA; ID: 9W8)
Amtrak stations near Willow Street:
- 6 miles: LANCASTER (53 MCGOVERN AVE.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
- 19 miles: MOUNT JOY (DELTA & HENRY STS.). Services: public payphones, free short-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
College/University in Willow Street:
- LANCASTER COUNTY CAREER AND TECHNOLOGY CENTER (Full-time enrollment: 141; Location: 1730 HANS HERR DR; Public; Website: www.lcctc.org)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Willow Street:
- MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 7 miles; MILLERSVILLE, PA; Full-time enrollment: 6,384)
- YORK COLLEGE PENNSYLVANIA (about 23 miles; YORK, PA; FT enrollment: 4,541)
- HARFORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 31 miles; BEL AIR, MD; FT enrollment: 2,646)
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY-PENN STATE BERKS (about 33 miles; READING, PA; FT enrollment: 2,003)
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY-PENN ST HARRISBURG (about 36 miles; MIDDLETOWN, PA; FT enrollment: 2,064)
- MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 44 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 5,564)
- DELAWARE TECHNICAL & COMM COLL-STANTON-WILMINGTON (about 46 miles; NEWARK, DE; FT enrollment: 3,817)
Public primary/middle schools in Willow Street:
- PEQUEA EL SCH (Students: 383; Grades: KG - 06)
- WILLOW STREET EL SCH (Students: 263; Grades: KG - 03)
- LANCASTER COUNTY CTC-WILLOW ST (Grades: 00 - 00)
Private primary/middle school in Willow Street:
- MAGIC YEARS (Students: 32; Location: 218 WILLOW VALLEY LAKES DR; Grades: PK - KG)
| || |
Notable locations in Willow Street: Willow Valley Golf Course (A), Mylin Corners (B), Han Herr House (C).
Shopping Center: Willow Valley Square Shopping Center (1).
Church in Willow Street: Willow Street Church (A).
Willow Street compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Willow Street:
- WLAN (1390 AM; 5 kW; LANCASTER, PA)
- WEEU (830 AM; 20 kW; READING, PA; Owner: WEEU BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WWLG (1370 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: M-10 BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WPEN (950 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: GREATER PHILADELPHIA RADIO, INC.)
- WZZD (990 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WLPA (1490 AM; 1 kW; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KYW (1060 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Willow Street:
- WDAC (94.5 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WDAC RADIO COMPANY)
- WJTL (90.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: CREATIVE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WIOV-FM (105.1 FM; EPHRATA, PA; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF LANCASTER, INC.)
- W259AA (99.7 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WITF, INC.)
- WARM-FM (103.3 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: WSBA LICO, INC.)
- WROZ (101.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WSOX (96.1 FM; RED LION, PA; Owner: LANCASTER-YORK BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WLAN-FM (96.9 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WFNM (89.1 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: FRANKLIN AND MARSHALL COLLEGE)
- WRTL (90.7 FM; EPHRATA, PA; Owner: TEMPLE UNIV OF COMMONWEALTH SYSTEM)
- WCAT-FM (106.7 FM; HERSHEY, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLCH (91.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: SPANISH AMERICAN CIVIC ASSC FOR EQUL)
- W220BX (91.9 FM; MARIETTA, PA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- WQXA-FM (105.7 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WITF-FM (89.5 FM; HARRISBURG, PA; Owner: WITF, INC.)
- WHBO (92.7 FM; STARVIEW, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WIOV-FM1 (105.1 FM; READING, PA; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF LANCASTER, INC.)
- WRFY-FM (102.5 FM; READING, PA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBMP (88.1 FM; WARWICK, PA; Owner: FOUR RIVERS COMMUNITY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WIXQ (91.7 FM; MILLERSVILLE, PA; Owner: MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY)
TV broadcast stations around Willow Street:
- WLYH-TV (Channel 15; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: TELEVISION STATION GROUP LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- WPMT (Channel 43; YORK, PA; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
- WGAL (Channel 8; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WGAL HEARST-ARGYLE TELEVISION, INC.)
- WTVE (Channel 51; READING, PA; Owner: READING BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGCB-TV (Channel 49; RED LION, PA; Owner: RED LION BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- W23AY (Channel 23; YORK, PA; Owner: WIRELESS CABLE TV OF PA, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.