Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,682. Estimated population in July 2005: 7,753 (+0.9% change)
Males: 3,668 (47.7%), Females: 4,014 (52.3%)
Median resident age: 36.2 years
Median household income: $37,400 (year 2000)
Median house value: $79,100 (year 2000)
Wilson, PA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Wilson:
- White Non-Hispanic (91.2%)
- Hispanic (4.0%)
- Black (1.8%)
- Two or more races (1.5%)
- Other race (1.1%)
- Asian Indian (0.8%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (33.6%), Italian (17.6%), Irish (17.0%), Polish (5.4%), Dutch (5.0%), English (4.7%).
New! Pennsylvania forum
Land area: 1.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Wilson
- High school or higher: 80.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.0%
- Unemployed: 3.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 22.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Wilson borough
- Never married: 28.5%
- Now married: 48.4%
- Separated: 2.3%
- Widowed: 8.2%
- Divorced: 12.6%
6.1% Foreign born (2.5% Asia, 1.9% Latin America, 1.0% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: -186 (-2.4%).
for Rent - Cornell & IC, bright, clean choices available immediately! />
Hotels - Low Rate Guaranteed Special Hotel Deals Everyday />
Allentown Apt Guide - Apartments around Allentown, Bethlehem and PA. No logins/no form />
Real Estate - for Homes in Local MLS; Have Listings Info Emailed to You Daily />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: PA Bethlehem, (10.2 miles www.4wallsinpa.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: PA Philadelphia, (47.9 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Easton, PA (0.5 miles West PA (1.6 miles Glendon, PA Easton, (1.6 miles Heights, PA (1.9 miles Palmer Orchard, PA (2.2 miles Old NJ Phillipsburg, (3.7 miles PA (4.0 miles Tatamy, PA (5.1 miles Stockertown,
Latitude: 40.68 N, Longitude: 75.24 W
Wilson, Pennsylvania business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (23.7%), Educational,health and social services (20.6%), Retail trade (10.8%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +201 (+2.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 639 (16.4%)
Average climate in Wilson, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Wilson-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Pennsylvania state average. It is 9% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/21/1976, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 20.8 miles away from the Wilson city center caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 7/26/1981, a category 3 tornado 20.9 miles away from the city center injured 2 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Wilson:
- EASTON HOSPITAL (about 2 miles; EASTON, PA)
- SCCI HOSPITAL EASTON (about 2 miles; EASTON, PA)
- WARREN HOSPITAL (about 5 miles; PHILLIPSBURG, NJ)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Wilson:
- LEHIGH VALLEY INTERNATIONAL (about 14 miles; ALLENTOWN, PA; ID: ABE)
- TRENTON MERCER (about 42 miles; TRENTON, NJ; ID: TTN)
- READING REGIONAL/CARL A SPAATZ FIELD (about 54 miles; READING, PA; ID: RDG)
Other public-use airports nearest to Wilson:
- BRADEN AIRPARK (about 4 miles; EASTON, PA; ID: N43)
- ALEXANDRIA (about 17 miles; PITTSTOWN, NJ; ID: N85)
- VANSANT (about 18 miles; ERWINNA, PA; ID: 9N1)
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Parks and Recreation ||3 ||$7,891 ||$31,564 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other and Unallocable ||1 ||$2,799 ||$33,588 ||1 ||$494 |
|Financial Administration ||1 ||$2,688 ||$32,256 ||2 ||$596 |
|Other Government Administration ||2 ||$4,359 ||$26,154 ||11 ||$3,828 |
|Police Protection - Officers ||8 ||$30,733 ||$46,099 ||12 ||$11,411 |
|Police - Other ||1 ||$1,800 ||$21,600 ||23 ||$11,624 |
|Firefighters ||6 ||$19,857 ||$39,714 ||15 ||$6,967 |
|Streets and Highways ||5 ||$14,637 ||$35,128 ||0 ||$0 |
|Health ||0 ||$0 || ||1 ||$204 |
|Sewerage ||1 ||$3,277 ||$39,324 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||28 ||$88,040 ||$37,731 ||65 ||$35,123 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Wilson:
- LAFAYETTE COLLEGE (about 2 miles; EASTON, PA; Full-time enrollment: 2,218)
- NORTHAMPTON COUNTY AREA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 7 miles; BETHLEHEM, PA; FT enrollment: 3,128)
- LEHIGH UNIVERSITY (about 12 miles; BETHLEHEM, PA; FT enrollment: 5,725)
- MUHLENBERG COLLEGE (about 21 miles; Allentown, PA; FT enrollment: 2,334)
- EAST STROUDSBURG UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 26 miles; EAST STROUDSBURG, PA; FT enrollment: 4,985)
- LEHIGH CARBON COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 27 miles; SCHNECKSVILLE, PA; FT enrollment: 2,145)
- MONTGOMERY COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 37 miles; BLUE BELL, PA; FT enrollment: 5,097)
| || |
Notable locations in Wilson: Fogtown (A), Easton Childrens Home (B).
Park in Wilson: Meuser Park (1).
Wilson compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Wilson:
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WEEX (1230 AM; 1 kW; EASTON, PA; Owner: NASSAU BROADCASTING II, LLC)
- WEST (1400 AM; 1 kW; EASTON, PA; Owner: MARANATHA BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WZZD (990 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- KYW (1060 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WPEN (950 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: GREATER PHILADELPHIA RADIO, INC.)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WNWR (1540 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA)
- WPHT (1210 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WTKZ (1320 AM; 5 kW; ALLENTOWN, PA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ALLENTOWN LICENSEE, L.L.C.)
- WAEB (790 AM; 4 kW; ALLENTOWN, PA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKAP (1470 AM; 5 kW; ALLENTOWN, PA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Wilson:
- WODE-FM (99.9 FM; EASTON, PA; Owner: NASSAU BROADCASTING II, LLC)
- WZZO (95.1 FM; BETHLEHEM, PA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WWPJ (89.5 FM; PEN ARGYL, PA; Owner: MERCER COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WLEV (100.7 FM; ALLENTOWN, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- W245AC (96.9 FM; HARMONY TOWNSHIP, NJ; Owner: MERCER COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WLVR-FM (91.3 FM; BETHLEHEM, PA; Owner: LEHIGH UNIVERSITY)
- WDIY (88.1 FM; ALLENTOWN, PA; Owner: LEHIGH VALLEY COMMUNITY BR/CST ASSOC)
- WJCS (89.3 FM; ALLENTOWN, PA; Owner: BEACON BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- W278AI (103.5 FM; CENTER VALLEY, PA; Owner: BUX-MONT EDUCATIONAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
- WSBG (93.5 FM; STROUDSBURG, PA; Owner: NASSAU BROADCASTING II, L.L.C.)
- WCTO (96.1 FM; EASTON, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- W224AU (92.7 FM; ALLENTOWN, PA; Owner: MERCER COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WWYY (107.1 FM; BELVIDERE, NJ; Owner: NASSAU BROADCASTING HOLDINGS, INC.)
- W246AA (97.1 FM; ALLENTOWN, ETC., PA; Owner: TEMPLE UNIV. OF THE COMMONWEALTH,ETC)
- W290AC (105.9 FM; PALMERTON, PA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WKRF (107.9 FM; TOBYHANNA, PA; Owner: ENTERCOM WILKES-BARRE SCRANTON, LLC)
- WRTY (91.1 FM; JACKSON TOWNSHIP, PA; Owner: TEMPLE UNIV COMMONWEALTH SYS HGR ED.)
- W226AA (93.1 FM; EASTON, PA; Owner: MERCER COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- W230AG (93.9 FM; EASTON, PA; Owner: LEHIGH VALLEY COMMUNITY BROADCASTERS)
- WBYX (88.7 FM; STROUDSBURG, PA; Owner: FOUR RIVERS COMMUNITY BROADCASTING CORP)
TV broadcast stations around Wilson:
- WFMZ-TV (Channel 69; ALLENTOWN, PA; Owner: MARANATHA BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WLVT-TV (Channel 39; ALLENTOWN, PA; Owner: LEHIGH VALLEY PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- W07DC (Channel 7; ALLENTOWN/BETHLEHEM, PA; Owner: NEW YORK TIMES MANAGEMENT SERVICES)
- WBPH-TV (Channel 60; BETHLEHEM, PA; Owner: SONSHINE FAMILY TELEVISION CORPORATION)
- KYW-TV (Channel 3; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WPHL-TV (Channel 17; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
- WPPX (Channel 61; WILMINGTON, DE; Owner: PAXSON PHILADELPHIA LICENSE, INC.)
- WPVI-TV (Channel 6; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WPSG (Channel 57; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: VIACOM STATIONS GROUP OF PHILADELPHIA INC.)
- WCAU (Channel 10; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: NBC SUBSIDIARY (WCAU-TV), L.P.)
- WGTW (Channel 48; BURLINGTON, NJ; Owner: BRUNSON COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WYBE (Channel 35; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INDEPENDENCE PUBLIC MEDIA OF PHILADELPHIA, INC.)
- W55BS (Channel 55; BELVIDERE, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- W46BL (Channel 46; ALLENTOWN-BETHLEHEM, PA; Owner: MARANATHA BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.