Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 8,587
Males: 3,917 (45.6%), Females: 4,670 (54.4%)
Median resident age: 46.1 years
Median household income: $54,681 (year 2000)
Median house value: $161,900 (year 2000)
Wyomissing, PA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Wyomissing:
- White Non-Hispanic (93.8%)
- Hispanic (1.8%)
- Black (1.5%)
- Other race (0.9%)
- Two or more races (0.9%)
- Asian Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (31.9%), English (13.2%), Irish (12.4%), Italian (10.4%), Polish (6.0%), United States (4.8%).
New! Pennsylvania forum
Elevation: 320 feet
Land area: 3.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Wyomissing
- High school or higher: 89.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 40.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 20.0%
- Unemployed: 10.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 16.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Wyomissing borough
- Never married: 22.3%
- Now married: 59.2%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 10.8%
- Divorced: 6.4%
4.0% Foreign born (1.6% Asia, 1.1% Europe, 0.8% Latin America, 0.5% North America).
& Apartments - Rent. Harrisburg, PA. Find the Right Home for You Today! />
Homes - Your New Home - View Floor Plans & Elevations - Request Info! />
Real Estate- - featured real estate listings, condos, land, and homes for sale. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: PA Reading, (2.7 miles www.khov.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: PA Philadelphia, (60.9 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Hills, PA (1.2 miles Wyomissing Reading, PA (1.2 miles West PA Shillington, (2.0 miles Lawn, PA (2.1 miles West Ridge, PA (2.2 miles Spring Wyomissing, PA (2.2 miles West PA (2.2 miles Kenhorst, PA Reading, (2.7 miles
Latitude: 40.33 N, Longitude: 75.96 W
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (28.2%), Retail trade (14.8%), Manufacturing (12.4%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (12.2%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +9,277 (+108.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 799 (22.6%)
Crime in Wyomissing (2002):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 0 rapes (0.0 per 100,000)
- 11 robberies (127.6 per 100,000)
- 3 assaults (34.8 per 100,000)
- 16 burglaries (185.5 per 100,000)
- 457 thefts (5299.2 per 100,000)
- 28 auto thefts (324.7 per 100,000) crime index = 297.4 (higher means more crime, US average = 328.4)
Average climate in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Wyomissing-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Pennsylvania state average. It is 36% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/4/1950, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 5.2 miles away from the Wyomissing city center injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 5/31/1998, a category 3 tornado 11.1 miles away from the city center injured 7 people and caused $1 million in damages.
Birthplace of: Ross Tucker - 2005 NFL player (Buffalo Bills, born: Mar 2, 1979).
Main business address for: LEESPORT FINANCIAL CORP (STATE COMMERCIAL BANKS), PENN NATIONAL GAMING INC (SERVICES-MISCELLANEOUS AMUSEMENT & RECREATION), CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORP (STEEL WORKS, BLAST FURNACES ROLLING MILLS (COKE OVENS)).
Hospitals/medical centers near Wyomissing:
- HEALTHSOUTH REHAB HOSPITAL OF READING (about 3 miles; READING, PA)
- ST JOSEPH MEDICAL CENTER (about 3 miles; READING, PA)
- READING HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 4 miles; READING, PA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Wyomissing:
- READING REGIONAL/CARL A SPAATZ FIELD (about 3 miles; READING, PA; ID: RDG)
- LANCASTER (about 27 miles; LANCASTER, PA; ID: LNS)
- LEHIGH VALLEY INTERNATIONAL (about 43 miles; ALLENTOWN, PA; ID: ABE)
Other public-use airports nearest to Wyomissing:
- MORGANTOWN (about 15 miles; MORGANTOWN, PA; ID: O03)
- KUTZTOWN (about 18 miles; KUTZTOWN, PA; ID: N31)
- POTTSTOWN MUNI (about 22 miles; POTTSTOWN, PA; ID: N47)
Colleges/Universities in Wyomissing:
- BERKS TECHNICAL INSTITUTE (Full-time enrollment: 575; Location: 2205 RIDGEWOOD RD; Private, for-profit)
- EAST-WEST SCHOOL OF MASSAGE THERAPY (Location: 504 PARK RD N; Private, for-profit)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Wyomissing:
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY-PENN STATE BERKS (about 1 miles; READING, PA; Full-time enrollment: 2,003)
- KUTZTOWN UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 20 miles; KUTZTOWN, PA; FT enrollment: 7,101)
- LEHIGH CARBON COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 34 miles; SCHNECKSVILLE, PA; FT enrollment: 2,145)
- IMMACULATA COLLEGE (about 35 miles; IMMACULATA, PA; FT enrollment: 2,042)
- MUHLENBERG COLLEGE (about 36 miles; Allentown, PA; FT enrollment: 2,334)
- MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 36 miles; MILLERSVILLE, PA; FT enrollment: 6,384)
- WEST CHESTER UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 37 miles; WEST CHESTER, PA; FT enrollment: 10,419)
Public high school in Wyomissing:
- WYOMISSING AREA JSHS (Students: 934; Grades: 07 - 12)
Public primary/middle school in Wyomissing:
- SPRING RIDGE EL SCH (Students: 524; Grades: KG - 06)
Private primary/middle schools in Wyomissing:
- MONTESSORI COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL (Students: 138; Location: 2200 STATE HILL RD; Grades: PK - KG)
- WYOMISSING INSTITUTE OF FINE A (Students: 72; Location: 1100 BELMONT AV; Grades: PK - KG)
- LITTLE PEOPLE DAY SCHOOL (Students: 55; Location: 865 BERKSHIRE BLVD-PROF CTR; Grades: PK - KG)
Library in Wyomissing:
- WYOMISSING PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $276,541; Location: 9 READING BLVD; 24,628 books; 733 audio materials; 707 video materials; 112 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Shopping Centers: Berkshire Mall (1), Berkshire Mall West (2), Greenwood Mall (3).
Church in Wyomissing: Kissinger Union Church (A).
Reservoir: Wyomissing Borough Pool (A).
Parks in Wyomissing include: Wyomissing Area Athletic Field (1), Wyomissing Park (2).
Wyomissing compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Wyomissing:
- WEEU (830 AM; 20 kW; READING, PA; Owner: WEEU BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WIOV (1240 AM; 1 kW; READING, PA; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF LANCASTER, INC.)
- WRAW (1340 AM; 1 kW; READING, PA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WZZD (990 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WPEN (950 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: GREATER PHILADELPHIA RADIO, INC.)
- KYW (1060 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WNWR (1540 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WPHT (1210 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCOJ (1420 AM; 5 kW; COATESVILLE, PA; Owner: WCOJ RADIO COMPANY, INC.)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Wyomissing:
- WIOV-FM1 (105.1 FM; READING, PA; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF LANCASTER, INC.)
- WRFY-FM (102.5 FM; READING, PA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- W253AC (98.5 FM; READING, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WIOV-FM (105.1 FM; EPHRATA, PA; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF LANCASTER, INC.)
- WRTL (90.7 FM; EPHRATA, PA; Owner: TEMPLE UNIV OF COMMONWEALTH SYSTEM)
- WBMP (88.1 FM; WARWICK, PA; Owner: FOUR RIVERS COMMUNITY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- W280CQ (103.9 FM; SHILLINGTON, PA; Owner: WDAC RADIO COMPANY)
- WBYN (107.5 FM; BOYERTOWN, PA; Owner: WDAC RADIO COMPANY)
- W290AC (105.9 FM; PALMERTON, PA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WLEV (100.7 FM; ALLENTOWN, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WARM-FM (103.3 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: WSBA LICO, INC.)
- WPLY (100.3 FM; MEDIA, PA; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WROZ (101.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBSX (97.9 FM; HAZLETON, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WDAC (94.5 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WDAC RADIO COMPANY)
- WDIY (88.1 FM; ALLENTOWN, PA; Owner: LEHIGH VALLEY COMMUNITY BR/CST ASSOC)
- WJCS (89.3 FM; ALLENTOWN, PA; Owner: BEACON BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- W220BE (91.9 FM; ST. CLAIR, PA; Owner: SALT & LIGHT MEDIA MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WJTL (90.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: CREATIVE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- W249AT (97.7 FM; READING, ETC., PA; Owner: TEMPLE UNIV OF THE COMMONWEALTH,ETC)
TV broadcast stations around Wyomissing:
- WTVE (Channel 51; READING, PA; Owner: READING BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WLYH-TV (Channel 15; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: TELEVISION STATION GROUP LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- W24CS (Channel 24; READING, PA; Owner: WITF, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.