Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 17,334. Estimated population in July 2005: 16,737 (-3.4% change)
Males: 8,434 (48.7%), Females: 8,900 (51.3%)
Median resident age: 37.7 years
Median household income: $51,075 (year 2000)
Median house value: $160,800 (year 2000)
Middletown, RI residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Middletown:
- White Non-Hispanic (87.6%)
- Black (4.7%)
- Hispanic (2.9%)
- Two or more races (2.4%)
- Filipino (1.2%)
- Other race (1.1%)
- American Indian (0.9%)
Ancestries: Irish (26.1%), English (15.0%), Portuguese (12.2%), Italian (11.7%), German (10.3%), French (6.1%).
New! Rhode Island forum
Elevation: 132 feet
false;" href="#"> Middletown,
For population 25 years and over in Middletown
- High school or higher: 90.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 38.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 15.6%
- Unemployed: 4.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 17.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Middletown town
- Never married: 23.1%
- Now married: 59.7%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 7.3%
- Divorced: 8.9%
6.1% Foreign born (2.5% Europe, 1.6% Asia, 1.1% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: -1,958 (-10.1%).
NY Real Estate - & Compare All Area Homes. Preview Photos/Virtual Tours Now! />
Island Real Estate - Island Realty. Search online for homes, condos, land and more! />
Real Estate - featured real estate listings, condos, land, and homes for sale />
in Middletown MD - All Middletown Properties Using The Local MLS Database />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: River, MA Fall (14.5 miles pop. 91,938).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (55.5 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (189.6 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: RI (1.4 miles Melville, East, RI (2.6 miles Newport RI Newport, (4.2 miles RI (4.8 miles Portsmouth, RI (6.2 miles Jamestown, Compton, RI Little (8.6 miles RI (9.7 miles Bristol, .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 32 buildings, average cost: $88,700
- 1997: 75 buildings, average cost: $91,900
- 1998: 83 buildings, average cost: $88,600
- 1999: 61 buildings, average cost: $108,100
- 2000: 52 buildings, average cost: $117,500
- 2001: 40 buildings, average cost: $99,700
- 2002: 39 buildings, average cost: $165,100
- 2003: 17 buildings, average cost: $270,000
- 2004: 24 buildings, average cost: $209,700
- 2005: 22 buildings, average cost: $292,600
Latitude: 41.55 N, Longitude: 71.29 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 401
Middletown, Rhode Island business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (26.2%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (13.7%), Retail trade (12.4%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (12.3%).
Crime in Middletown by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||1 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||5.8 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||4 ||7 ||1 ||6 |
| per 100,000 ||23.1 ||40.4 ||5.8 ||34.6 |
|Robberies ||3 ||2 ||2 ||7 |
| per 100,000 ||17.3 ||11.5 ||11.5 ||40.4 |
|Assaults ||10 ||13 ||15 ||5 |
| per 100,000 ||57.7 ||75.0 ||86.5 ||28.8 |
|Burglaries ||79 ||69 ||73 ||67 |
| per 100,000 ||455.8 ||398.1 ||421.1 ||386.5 |
|Thefts ||310 ||348 ||306 ||243 |
| per 100,000 ||1788.4 ||2007.6 ||1765.3 ||1401.9 |
|Auto thefts ||8 ||4 ||5 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||46.2 ||23.1 ||28.8 ||23.1 |
| ||133.1 ||150.4 ||125.5 ||116.7 |
Average climate in Middletown, Rhode Island
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Middletown-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Rhode Island state average. It is 65% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 35.5 miles away from the Middletown city center injured 17 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 6/9/1953, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 54.5 miles away from the city center killed 90 people and injured 1228 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
height="300" alt="Middletown topographic map" width="400" align="right" border="0" />
Main business address for: KVH INDUSTRIES INC \DE\ (RADIO & TV BROADCASTING & COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT), BNS HOLDING, INC. (REAL ESTATE).
Hospitals/medical centers near Middletown:
- NEWPORT HOSPITAL (about 5 miles; NEWPORT, RI)
- KENT COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 16 miles; WARWICK, RI)
- DR JOHN C CORRIGAN MENTAL HEALTH CTR (about 16 miles; FALL RIVER, MA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Middletown:
- THEODORE FRANCIS GREEN STATE (about 15 miles; PROVIDENCE, RI; ID: PVD)
- MARTHAS VINEYARD (about 50 miles; VINEYARD HAVEN, MA; ID: MVY)
- GROTON-NEW LONDON (about 54 miles; GROTON NEW LONDON, CT; ID: GON)
Other public-use airports nearest to Middletown:
- NEWPORT STATE (about 3 miles; NEWPORT, RI; ID: UUU)
- QUONSET STATE (about 8 miles; NORTH KINGSTOWN, RI; ID: OQU)
- DOWNTOWN PROVIDENCE HELISTOP (about 21 miles; PROVIDENCE, RI; ID: RI9)
Amtrak station near Middletown:
- 20 miles: KINGSTON (WEST KINGSTON, FAIRGROUNDS RD.). Services: ticket office, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Middletown:
- ROGER WILLIAMS UNIVERSITY (about 10 miles; BRISTOL, RI; Full-time enrollment: 3,007)
- COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF RHODE ISLAND (about 16 miles; WARWICK, RI; FT enrollment: 8,650)
- NEW ENGLAND INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 16 miles; WARWICK, RI; FT enrollment: 2,419)
- BRISTOL COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 16 miles; FALL RIVER, MA; FT enrollment: 3,497)
- UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND (about 17 miles; KINGSTON, RI; FT enrollment: 11,759)
- BROWN UNIVERSITY (about 21 miles; PROVIDENCE, RI; FT enrollment: 7,460)
- JOHNSON & WALES UNIVERSITY (about 21 miles; Providence, RI; FT enrollment: 8,218)
Public high school in Middletown:
- MIDDLETOWN HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 817; Location: 130 VALLEY ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Middletown:
- ST GEORGES SCHOOL (Students: 334; Location: 372 PURGATORY RD; Grades: 9 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Middletown:
- JOSEPH H. GAUDET SCHOOL (Students: 841; Location: 1113 AQUIDNECK AVENUE; Grades: 05 - 08)
- AQUIDNECK SCHOOL (Students: 371; Location: 70 RESERVOIR AVENUE; Grades: PK - 04)
- JOHN F. KENNEDY SCHOOL (Students: 371; Location: 740 WEST MAIN ROAD; Grades: KG - 04)
- FOREST AVENUE SCHOOL (Students: 316; Location: 315 FOREST AVENUE; Grades: PK - 04)
- FOREST AVENUE II (Students: 53; Location: 26 OLIPHANT LANE; Grades: KG - KG)
Private primary/middle schools in Middletown:
- ALL SAINTS ACADEMY (Students: 159; Location: 915 W MAIN ROAD; Grades: KG - 8)
- SILVEIRA KINDERGT & NURSRY SCH (Students: 93; Location: 143 PECKHAM LANE MAILING ADDRE; Grades: PK - KG)
- GROWING CHILDREN OF RI (Students: 66; Location: 70 CORPORATE PLACE; Grades: PK - KG)
- AQUIDNECK ISLAND CHRISTIAN ACA (Students: 62; Location: 70 BLISS MINE RD; Grades: KG - 8)
- LITTLE FRIENDS INC (Students: 54; Location: 33 MITCHELLS LANE; Grades: PK - KG)
- JAMES L MAHER SCHOOL (Students: 16; Location: P.O. BOX 4390; Grades: UG - UG)
- BRIGHT IDEAS INC (Students: 14; Location: 1272 WEST MAIN RD; Grades: KG - KG)
Library in Middletown:
- MIDDLETOWN PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $651,102; Location: 700 WEST MAIN ROAD; 71,800 books; 1,624 audio materials; 949 video materials; 131 serial subscriptions)
Middletown compared to Rhode Island state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- House age above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Middletown:
- WADK (1540 AM; 1 kW; NEWPORT, RI; Owner: ASTRO TELE-COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WPRO (630 AM; 5 kW; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WHJJ (920 AM; 5 kW; PROVIDENCE, RI)
- WSAR (1480 AM; 5 kW; FALL RIVER, MA; Owner: BRISTOL COUNTY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSKO (790 AM; 5 kW; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRNI (1290 AM; 10 kW; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: WRNI FOUNDATION)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Middletown:
- WKKB (100.3 FM; MIDDLETOWN, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- W243AI (96.5 FM; NEWPORT, RI; Owner: DAVID P. MAXSON)
- WWBB (101.5 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WSNE-FM (93.3 FM; TAUNTON, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRIU (90.3 FM; KINGSTON, RI; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND)
- WPRO-FM (92.3 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBRU (95.5 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: BROWN BROADCASTING SERVICE, INC.)
- WHJY (94.1 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WWLI (105.1 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WSKO-FM (99.7 FM; WAKEFIELD-PEACEDALE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WCTK (98.1 FM; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WAKX (102.7 FM; NARRAGANSETT PIER, RI; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WJFD-FM (97.3 FM; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: EDMUND DINIS, TRUSTEE)
- WSMU-FM (91.1 FM; NORTH DARTMOUTH, MA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS)
- WQRI (88.3 FM; BRISTOL, RI; Owner: ROGER WILLIAMS UNIVERSITY)
- WWRX-FM (103.7 FM; WESTERLY, RI; Owner: FNX BROADCASTING OF RHODE ISLAND, LLC)
- WJHD (90.7 FM; PORTSMOUTH, RI; Owner: PORTSMOUTH ABBEY SCHOOL)
- WXHQ-LP (105.9 FM; NEWPORT, RI; Owner: NEWPORT MUSICAL ARTS ASSOCIATION)
TV broadcast stations around Middletown:
- WLNE-TV (Channel 6; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: FREEDOM BROADCASTING OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND, INC.)
- WNAC-TV (Channel 64; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: WNAC, LLC)
- WPRI-TV (Channel 12; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: TVL BROADCASTING OF RHODE ISLAND, LLC)
- WJAR (Channel 10; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: OUTLET BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WPXQ (Channel 69; BLOCK ISLAND, RI; Owner: OCEAN STATE TELEVISION, L.L.C.)
- WSBE-TV (Channel 36; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: RHODE ISLAND PUBLIC TELECOM. AUTHORITY)
- WWDP (Channel 46; NORWELL, MA; Owner: NORWELL TELEVISION, LLC)
- WLWC (Channel 28; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: C-28 FCC LICENSEE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- WRIW-LP (Channel 50; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: ZGS PROVIDENCE, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.